• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hello,

I was going to get Comcast Internet for $29.99 (as I have two online classess this summer) but found the $49.99 Comcast "Blast Plus" Internet (30 Mbps) & Cable (local channels, Discovery, Disney, CNN, A&E & Comedy Central) for $49.99. I suppose it is worth the extra $20.00 for basic cable. It is a 6 month only deal but no contract. Note: I was charged a $34.99 installation charge.

LINK

"Blast Plus: Lightning-fast Internet + TV
Download speeds up to 30 Mbps with PowerBoost® and all of your local channels, plus popular ones like
Discovery, Disney, CNN, A&E and Comedy Central. Stream hundreds of movies online anytime, anywhere
with XFINITY Streampix™.

$49.99/month for 6 months
starting price for new customers"

Paul

Member Summary

Comcast box (19.65kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Can you PM me the Norcal comcast contact email and/or phone?

quizzer25 (Jan. 06, 2013 @ 4:38a) |

Just went to retention services and I was offered the Blast-Plus service for $49.99/mo for first 12 months, then $69.99 ... (more)

Pocitoloco (Jan. 08, 2013 @ 6:45p) |

I am looking for new service, new customer, and I see this deal for Portland, Oregon, under "Bundles" > "Double Play (In... (more)

ShamelesslyThrifty (Jan. 28, 2013 @ 1:38p) |

• Also categorized in:

When you go to the website (http://www.comcast.com/internet-service.html) click on the Red square with the following text "Start Shopping" under thr $49.99!

$49.99/month for 6 months

Better to put 6 month and new customer only in the title.

After first 6 months, monthly service charge goes to $69.99 for months 7-12. After 12 months, or if any service is cancelled or downgraded, regular rates apply. Comcast’s current monthly service charge for Blast Plus is $79.95. TV: Basic service subscription required to receive other levels of service. Programming not available On Demand in all areas. XFINITY Streampix service not currently available on Android devices. Internet: PowerBoost provides bursts of download and upload speeds for the first 20 MB and 10 MB of a file, respectively. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed.

Got Performance for $29.99.

Got Performance for $29.99

That is internet only.

Why bother with 6 months service switches?

If your not into saving money, why are you even here?
alyosha said:   Why bother with 6 months service switches?

6 months is fine for me as I will be taking alott of classes at school in the fall, so I will probably go back to an antenna versus the cable.

therugsucker said:   If your not into save money, why are you even here?
alyosha said:   Why bother with 6 months service switches?
\

because its a bother.

comcast runs specials on this every once in a while and depending on region. I signed up in october last year for blast service. it is 15mbps for $39.99 including basic cable. 12 months and no contracts.

If you need something now, OP deal is good. Otherwise wait for a deal that is 12 months. You are paying activation fee after all and its a pain to switch cable carriers.

Some clarification. Agreed that switching service provider can be unbecoming, though I've done that too. I switch every 6 months but not to a different service provider. I switch the account to a different name to take advantage of the special offers for new accounts. It's almost a seamless transfer for me with no down time. The household needs to have at least 2 people in order for my strategy to work. I've never paid more than $21/mo. for high speed internet, currently 15 Mbps, regular price is 60/mo.

Doesn't appear to have a DVR with this deal - is that correct? You can choose HD on the next page, but not HD with DVR.

Brilliant! How would I do this? Would I cancel first, then have my wife call back to subscribe? Can I call back and subscribe on behalf of my wife?
Or can it be done with one call? Does it matter that we have the same last name? And how do you avoid activation fee?

therugsucker said:   Some clarification. Agreed that switching service provider can be unbecoming, though I've done that too. I switch every 6 months but not to a different service provider. I switch the account to a different name to take advantage of the special offers for new accounts. It's almost a seamless transfer for me with no down time. The household needs to have at least 2 people in order for my strategy to work. I've never paid more than $21/mo. for high speed internet, currently 15 Mbps, regular price is 60/mo.

You got the basic idea right. Much easier if someone is facilitating it for you though. Check your PM.
Bhagwan said:   Brilliant! How would I do this? Would I cancel first, then have my wife call back to subscribe? Can I call back and subscribe on behalf of my wife?
Or can it be done with one call? Does it matter that we have the same last name? And how do you avoid activation fee?

therugsucker said:   Some clarification. Agreed that switching service provider can be unbecoming, though I've done that too. I switch every 6 months but not to a different service provider. I switch the account to a different name to take advantage of the special offers for new accounts. It's almost a seamless transfer for me with no down time. The household needs to have at least 2 people in order for my strategy to work. I've never paid more than $21/mo. for high speed internet, currently 15 Mbps, regular price is 60/mo.

In February, I got Performance $ 29.95 for 12 months through ALLCONNECT...Comcast billed me for Blast a $79.
I had to argue with them about it, finally they saw it my way!! Cable & Internet is getting way too pricy!! They need to be reigned in or I will just have to quit!!

When I moved into my house (October 2010) I called comcast and said "What can you do for me?" and without any effort or talking on my part I was given the performance internet, ghetto cable (no CNN or TBS or anything fancy, local broadcast & discovery and that's about it outside of telemundo) and HBO for $34.99/mo for a year.

For new customers comcast rolls out the red carpet....ask around and see what they can give you.

hey does anyone have a screenshot by chance? I bought this package and now comcast is arguing with me telling me I need to pay $80 a month not $50. The deal is no longer available and I wasn't smart enough to screenshot it

ctrlaltdel121 said:   hey does anyone have a screenshot by chance? I bought this package and now comcast is arguing with me telling me I need to pay $80 a month not $50. The deal is no longer available and I wasn't smart enough to screenshot it
Looks like the same offer is still there from the link in the OP to me, unless I'm missing something.
Blast Plus: Lightning-fast Internet + TV Increase your speed and get access to hundreds of movies online with XFINITY Streampix™ and thousands of shows On Demand at xfinityTV.com when you upgrade to Blast Plus.
$49.99/mo for 6 months starting price for new customers

Cable and Internet are redundant services....get 50mbps with www.clearband.com & a rookie box....

Signed up for this yesterday and it might say its not available in your area after entering you address. I was able to still get the deal by doing the following:
1. Go to the OP's link and click "Start Shopping"for the Blast Plus offer
2. Enter your address after which it will tell you its not available
3. Click the click here message at the top of the page in "Current Customer Offers (if you are a new Comcast customer, click here"
4. Open a new window (new page in IE) leaving the existing one open from step 3
5. Go to http://www.comcast.com/internet-service.html (same as OP's link) and click "Start Shopping" for the Blast Plus Offer again.
It should now add the Blast Plus to your cart and have the $49.99 rate instead of the $79 one. You can also call and ask about the special as my friend did instead of going through the above.

phogstenjr said:   Hello,
Note: I was charged a $34.99 installation charge.
Paul

There is also a $20 self install kit that you can ask for when the web scheduling representative chats with you at the end. That said it might only be available for those that had Comcast already setup at one point (old owners in my case), and might not work for people switching from another provider.

This is something I would like to do.

Can you explain this to me in further detail in a PM?

I currently have the triple play and I think in our area they are now running a promotion until June 10th
that offers me internet, phone, and cable for $89 a month. Right now we pay $206 or so a month. That's a
big savings and with how tough things are getting I can really use the help. I've been with adelphia for
ten years and over 7 years now since comcast took over in our area and I've never seen anything but my bill
go way way up.

GetReal720 said:   therugsucker said:   Some clarification. Agreed that switching service provider can be unbecoming, though I've done that too. I switch every 6 months but not to a different service provider. I switch the account to a different name to take advantage of the special offers for new accounts. It's almost a seamless transfer for me with no down time. The household needs to have at least 2 people in order for my strategy to work. I've never paid more than $21/mo. for high speed internet, currently 15 Mbps, regular price is 60/mo.

This is something I would like to do.

Can you explain this to me in further detail in a PM?

I currently have the triple play and I think in our area they are now running a promotion until June 10th
that offers me internet, phone, and cable for $89 a month. Right now we pay $206 or so a month. That's a
big savings and with how tough things are getting I can really use the help. I've been with adelphia for
ten years and over 7 years now since comcast took over in our area and I've never seen anything but my bill
go way way up.

I pm'd him for advice too
I too could use some insight...

Perhaps therugsucker could enlighten us all?

Still waiting for advice on how to proceed with this!!!!

I just found an advertisement in my local sunday paper (that thankfully wasn't thrown away yet!)
in which DirecTV offers television service plus Verizon HighSpeed internet and home phone service
for $69 a month. You get free installation, 4 DVR's and up to 3 HD set top boxes.

Even if you bumped the television part of up it a level or so and added in local channels you are still
looking at less then $100 for what I am currently paying $210 for. I might use this as a bargaining point
when I call to see if Comcast will offer me the promotion as an existing customer.

If not I will probably try what therugsucker says but I'm still waiting on the finer details so mr therugsucker
if you would be so kind please let us in on your methods!

Thanks in advance

Here is his reply

"Try telling them to terminate your service 5 days out, on June 11 for example. Tomorrow when your wife calls to establish new service your cancellation order should be visible in their system. If you live in the SF Bay area my buddy over at comcast can help facilitate this for you.

Latest offer I heard was $29.99/mo for 15 Mbps internet.
If you're near a Best Buy, go in and see what the comcast rep there has to offer and let me know".

Hope this helps
Too bad its only for 6 months

Worked for me in ATL. 49.99 for the blast internet plus TV. Added HBO for 15 bucks and Comcast will be out to the house on wednesday...Thanks!

In San Jose, they're offering "Blast Plus" for $34.99. Digital Economy TV (a step above basic) plus Blast internet. Only for 6 months, but I don't mind canceling and ordering again. 12 months its $49.99 through Best Buy.

In San Jose, this is $34.99 for 6 months. Digital Economy TV plus Blast internet. Through Best Buy you can get it for $49.99 for 12 months.

Everything Comcast has on the website for 6 months, it was doubled at Best Buy.

I live in San Jose and recently got set up with a rep here at my apartment complex. He got me blast 25mbps, digital economy, free hbo x 6 month with a $20 install. I think he said it goes to about $55 for the second six months. I think he does mostly sales i called him at (408) 590-9941. I hate the promos always hop up after 1 year though, Comcast really needs to learn how to treat its existing customers well of they want them to stick around! They arent the only game in town. Fios is coming soon.

Got Performance for $29.99.

A Comcast chat rep said if the address that you're signing up for has had service in the last 120 days, you can't get your spouse/friend/dog to sign up as a new user to get the deals they have going. Has anyone else been able to do this recently with success? I know there's been numerous posts about doing it that way to get the new user deals in the past, so I'm not sure if the chat guy was just blowing smoke up my butt or if this is something new they came up with to deter people from doing that. If this is true, I'm likely going to dump Comcast altogether since they aren't willing to budge after increasing my Performance Internet + Digital Starter bundle around 40% after coming off the last deal I had with them.

Each time they try raising my bill, I call and tell them I am going to change my service and they send me to the retention department, which finds a way to keep my bill from going up. However, the last time they said they would do it again for 6 more months and that would be the last time. I am currently trying to find service for less than they offer, which is hard to do since they pretty much have the market in our area. I am checking in to Roku and them keeping my internet with them and trying to find another route for a home phone.

It is a complete joke. We are paying $206 a month for cable, internet, and TV.

The television doesn't have much worth watching unless you subscribe to premium channels or use the ON-DEMAND feature and pay for new releases. The cable internet is actually pretty good and decently reliable but at this price?

The worst of it all ? Our internet is probably $60 a month, our phone SHOULD NOT cost any more then $40 a month and that is pushing it. So our television service is costing around $80 a month. Then add on taxes and whatever else.

If it were up to me we would be dropping both the television AND the phone. Sign up for HuluPlus and Netflix and I would be fine. Save me a lot of money too.

I am new to GA and will be a new customer to Comcast. In NYC I had internet only through TWC but because in order to make internet work cable had to be live, I got basic channels for free (local cable news, tbs, hd broadcast channels, and other lousy channels I could map with QAM to my HTPC. I survived with that and using Windows Media Center as my dvr.

I saw the offer when I entered my moving info. Its Digital Economy tv. TNT is not even included. Chat person was suggesting Digital Starter with Performance internet.

6 months is no contract, right? You can cancel after that or remove services. Is the $29.99 Perfomance only for new customers?

Also is there any negotiability to make this deal sweeter?

Someone mentioned looking for a deal on a home phone. I've had Magic Jack Plus for about half a yr or more and am VERY happy with it. It's only $20 a YEAR!!! I did have to pay a smidge more to keep my long-time home phone number, but it's still WAY less than anything else around.

I had Comcast internet-only for 29.95 for a year, for a while it was 44.95 after that (is Ok as I still get basic cable TV for free and no taxes)
but now the price went up to $64.95
So I called and she offered me Blast-Plus for $44.95 (+taxes) for 6 months. (South Florida)

The problem with going up to Blast-Plus is that when it goes up, you are most likely stuck. A year ago I got what was called Blast! Extra which was really seems to be the same thing. Now they are raising the price so I tried to go back to the basic Performance and they want to charge MORE than keeping what I already have. All this game-playing has convinced me to drop Comcast and go to DirecTV which has a good reputation in my area. My problem will be to find internet. I guess I'll try the cancellation route and gamble it will work. I can't complain about the service working (more or less) after the first nightmare months of over billing, wrong pricing etc. Before Comcast I lived in an area with BrightHouse and never had any problem with them.

floridacharlene said:   The problem with going up to Blast-Plus is that when it goes up, you are most likely stuck. A year ago I got what was called Blast! Extra which was really seems to be the same thing. Now they are raising the price so I tried to go back to the basic Performance and they want to charge MORE than keeping what I already have. All this game-playing has convinced me to drop Comcast and go to DirecTV which has a good reputation in my area. My problem will be to find internet. I guess I'll try the cancellation route and gamble it will work. I can't complain about the service working (more or less) after the first nightmare months of over billing, wrong pricing etc. Before Comcast I lived in an area with BrightHouse and never had any problem with them.I had the same potential problem with down-grading service and paying a higher price but got a referral to a NorCal Comcast Marketing rep. He's been able to maintain Blast + Basic cable at $29.99 for over a year and I just renewed again in September for another 6 months.

Dano

floridacharlene said:   The problem with going up to Blast-Plus is that when it goes up, you are most likely stuck.

That's not specific to Blast Plus, it's how every Comcast promotion is. At the end of your prom, you need to call in and see what other promos they have. I've been repeating this cycle for years. I've never had to actually cancel. Different reps offer you different deals so you may want to keep trying if you don't get any good offers to get you to stay.

DanoMcGarret said:   floridacharlene said:   The problem with going up to Blast-Plus is that when it goes up, you are most likely stuck. A year ago I got what was called Blast! Extra which was really seems to be the same thing. Now they are raising the price so I tried to go back to the basic Performance and they want to charge MORE than keeping what I already have. All this game-playing has convinced me to drop Comcast and go to DirecTV which has a good reputation in my area. My problem will be to find internet. I guess I'll try the cancellation route and gamble it will work. I can't complain about the service working (more or less) after the first nightmare months of over billing, wrong pricing etc. Before Comcast I lived in an area with BrightHouse and never had any problem with them.I had the same potential problem with down-grading service and paying a higher price but got a referral to a NorCal Comcast Marketing rep. He's been able to maintain Blast + Basic cable at $29.99 for over a year and I just renewed again in September for another 6 months.

Dano

Can you PM me the Norcal comcast contact email and/or phone?

Skipping 2 Messages...
I am looking for new service, new customer, and I see this deal for Portland, Oregon, under "Bundles" > "Double Play (Internet & TV)"

Blast Plus - Special Offer! $39.99 per month
Package Details:
Get download speeds up to 30 Mbps with PowerBoost® – so you can stream TV shows, download movies and connect multiple devices at blazing-fast speeds.
With Digital Economy TV, enjoy all of your local channels, plus many other popular ones like Discovery, Disney, CNN, A&E, and Comedy Central – all in crystal clear digital picture and sound.
XFINITY Streampix™ – Instantly watch hit movies and past seasons of your favorite shows on your TV, laptop, tablet and smartphone.
Backed by the 30-Day Money-Back Comcast Customer Guarantee.

Fine Print:
Offer ends 1/31/13 and limited to new residential customers. Not available in all areas. Requires subscription to Blast Plus with Digital Economy TV and Blast!® Internet service. After first 6 months, monthly service charge goes to $59.99 for months 7-12. After 12 months, or if any service is cancelled or downgraded, regular rates apply. After 6 months, monthly service charge for HBO® goes to $10.00 for months 7-12, and thereafter regular rates apply. Comcast’s current monthly service charge for Blast Plus is $79.95 and for HBO® ranges from $13.95 to $23.95, depending on area. TV and Internet service limited to a single outlet. Equipment, installation, taxes and franchise fees extra. May not be combined with other offers. TV: Basic service subscription required to receive other levels of service. Not all programming available in all areas. Internet: PowerBoost® provides bursts of download and upload speeds for the first 20 MB and 10 MB of a file, respectively. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed. Not all features, including Constant Guard™ Protection Suite, are available with Macintosh systems. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee applies to one month’s recurring service charge and standard installation up to $500. Call for restrictions and complete details. © 2012 Comcast. All rights reserved. HBO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.Offer ends 10/31/12 and limited to new residential customers. Not available in all areas. Requires subscription to Blast Plus with Digital Economy TV and Blast!® Internet service. After first 6 months, monthly service charge goes to $59.99 for months 7-12. After 12 months, or if any service is cancelled or downgraded, regular rates apply. Comcast’s current monthly service charge for Blast Plus is $79.95. TV and Internet service limited to a single outlet. Equipment, installation, taxes and franchise fees extra. May not be combined with other offers. TV: Basic service subscription required to receive other levels of service. Not all programming available in all areas. Internet: PowerBoost® provides bursts of download and upload speeds for the first 20 MB and 10 MB of a file, respectively. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed.Not all features, including Constant Guard™ Protection Suite, are available with Macintosh systems. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee applies to one month’s recurring service charge and standard installation up to $500. Call for restrictions and complete details. © 2012 Comcast. All Rights Reserved.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014