• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Receipt
Disclaimer

Receipt 2
Disclaimer
Went to Costco today and saw they where selling the 3tb usb 3.0 seagate hdds. These are great harddrives i have to myself. Very fast and for $140 you can beat the price. cant actually find them online ) : But i do have a pic of the receipt when i bought my 2nd one.

Member Summary

3tb usb 3.0 seagate external hard drive
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Amazon has it for $140 on backorder. Trading tax for Costco protection??

Linky

Joe221 said:   Amazon has it for $140 on backorder. Trading tax for Costco protection??

Linky

The one you linked at Amazon is not the same as the one OP is referring to. Here is the correct one: http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-GoFlex-External-STAC3000...

Amazon currently sells it for $149.99, so Costco one is a better deal.

OP, please put the HD name, model number etc in the title and your post.

desidealmaster said:   Joe221 said:   Amazon has it for $140 on backorder. Trading tax for Costco protection??

currently sells it for $149.99, so Costco one is a better deal.

OP, please put the HD name, model number etc in the title and your post.

It looks like the price of hard drives is starting to go down, especially for Seagate. For Seagate since the 7200.11 issues, the quality had been improving. The Costco version of the drive most likely is the XT version. The newer internal hard drives use the 1TB plate. WD, Samsung and Hitachi drives are at least 10 to 30 higher over Seagate at this time. I got one of the newer internal drive two weeks ago. This is my first Seagate HD in 5 years .

Repost: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1181943/

As for the deal, it's one of the better active deal for a 3tb hdd out there.

Yup, I bought 4 of these for my media server a couple weeks back. Easy videos online to show how to remove the drive from the outside casing. Still a great deal.

Is it a 7200rpm drive in there? I'm thinking of buying these, popping them out and setting up a new RAID array...

I was at Costco today and they had this marked down to $129.99 through May 25. I assume this is national. Sorry for not posting a pic, but I have not joined the smartphone era yet -- I refuse to pay for a data plan.

choli0090's pic
Disclaimer
choli0090 over at SD posted a pic showing the $10 discount... Making it $130.

I grabbed one of these from OD a month or two ago and think I have a faulty dock, so I contacted Seagate (waiting for the dock now). Please be careful with this drive. I ran the "extended generic" test in SeaTools and after 12hrs of testing the drive was ~63C (145F) and then 4hrs of "idle" it was ~65C (149F). This was causing the drive to basically go offline from my linux server (i/o errors, required journal being rebuilt before mounting).

Anyways, you can tell if it's running all the time since it'll be hot and even when the drive "should" be idle you can feel the inertia of the platters spinning.

I hacked up an SATA cable and power cable and mounted it in my desktop (still in the external case). After the same tests, my drive was <40C (104F). I found a similar post in the Seagate forum and Seagate support asked if it was a 1.5V or 2V (I think he meant 1.5A/2A). My power adapter is 1.5A. Hoping my replacement is 2A and it resolves the issue.

Just a heads-up.

Yes - I opened mine and it was 7200RPM. Only issue I have is I'm running XP Home, so I had to use Seagate's software to recognize the full 3TB, and unfortunately I guess 32 bit OS's don't let you see it all as one volume, so it shows up as 2 drives.

If you opened them up, could you share with us the part number on the hard drive

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.