Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

SanDisk 32GB Class 4 High-Speed MicroSDHC
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What are the chances that this is a knockoff?

HardlyWorthit said:   What are the chances that this is a knockoff?

49.3753089475398754389753498573894571283746123748624876215348752903683894758394572398457239047529834752346%

HardlyWorthit said:   What are the chances that this is a knockoff?

Legit
Was offered on their page here
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1185630/

When I ordered a 16GB sandisk micro from them a couple of months ago I got the following emailed to me:

"You're receiving this email because it's possible that the Micro SD card you recently received was a generic version and was not manufactured by SanDisk (as we advertised on the day of the deal).

This is unacceptable and on behalf of our entire staff, we sincerely apologize for the mix-up.

In an effort to make this right, we would like to offer you the following two options:

Option A - Full refund. In this scenario we will provide you with a prepaid shipping label to send the card back to us and once received we will fully refund your order.

Option B - Keep the Micro SD card AND receive an $8.00 discount code towards a future purchase from DailySteals. The discount code will be activated on February 15th as this is the launch date of our new customer credit system! The $8.00 credit is valid for a full 90 days."

I bought one from them earlier. Card was not in factory sealed packaging and was defective. They made me pay for return shipping in order to get a refund. I'm not buying memory cards from non-authorized dealers again. These are cheap enough from authorized dealers.

figures. Exactly why i always wary of someone selling a Sandisk card. Thanks for the replies, i'll pass

Oh...snap! I better go contact them to get a refund quick....

$22.34 and supplied by Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC-Flash-Memory-SDSDQM-032G...
Sold by CTCStore and Fulfilled by Amazon.

wizardking said:   $22.34 and supplied by Amazon

Notice the part I bolded. That means they are NOT supplied by Amazon. They are supplied by "CTCStore" (whoever/whatever that is) who ships them into an Amazon warehouse, and then Amazon ships them to you from their warehouse. In cases like this with third party sellers, Amazon has no control or knowledge of the supply chain of the goods before they arrive at the warehouse and does NOT guarantee the items are genuine.

crhptic said:   wizardking said:   $22.34 and supplied by Amazon

Notice the part I bolded. That means they are NOT supplied by Amazon. They are supplied by "CTCStore" (whoever/whatever that is) who ships them into an Amazon warehouse, and then Amazon ships them to you from their warehouse. In cases like this with third party sellers, Amazon has no control or knowledge of the supply chain of the goods before they arrive at the warehouse and does NOT guarantee the items are genuine.

Yes but the key here is "fullfilled by Amazon"

crhptic said:   Notice the part I bolded. That means they are NOT supplied by Amazon. They are supplied by "CTCStore" (whoever/whatever that is) who ships them into an Amazon warehouse, and then Amazon ships them to you from their warehouse. In cases like this with third party sellers, Amazon has no control or knowledge of the supply chain of the goods before they arrive at the warehouse and does NOT guarantee the items are genuine.As an Amazon Marketplace seller, their A-to-Z policy guarantees that the item will be what it says or they will give you your money back.

billrubin said:   crhptic said:   Notice the part I bolded. That means they are NOT supplied by Amazon. They are supplied by "CTCStore" (whoever/whatever that is) who ships them into an Amazon warehouse, and then Amazon ships them to you from their warehouse. In cases like this with third party sellers, Amazon has no control or knowledge of the supply chain of the goods before they arrive at the warehouse and does NOT guarantee the items are genuine.As an Amazon Marketplace seller, their A-to-Z policy guarantees that the item will be what it says or they will give you your money back.

That is true, but it does not give the same level of certainty (IMO) as if Amazon were selling the items themselves.

If I wanted to gamble on whether the item were genuine or not, and then have to pursue a refund if it weren't, I'd buy on eBay.

crhptic said:   billrubin said:   crhptic said:   Notice the part I bolded. That means they are NOT supplied by Amazon. They are supplied by "CTCStore" (whoever/whatever that is) who ships them into an Amazon warehouse, and then Amazon ships them to you from their warehouse. In cases like this with third party sellers, Amazon has no control or knowledge of the supply chain of the goods before they arrive at the warehouse and does NOT guarantee the items are genuine.As an Amazon Marketplace seller, their A-to-Z policy guarantees that the item will be what it says or they will give you your money back.
That is true, but it does not give the same level of certainty (IMO) as if Amazon were selling the items themselves.

If I wanted to gamble on whether the item were genuine or not, and then have to pursue a refund if it weren't, I'd buy on eBay.

Is getting a refund on eBay as easy as filing an A-to-Z claim on Amazon, which Amazon will take care of for you? The seller has a 96% positive rating, which is pretty good. There's another seller who has them for $22 with free shipping and has a 98% positive rating. In any event, I was merely pointing out that your concern about buying from the Amazon seller was not valid. I'm sure there are plenty of other places you can buy from.

billrubin said:   crhptic said:   billrubin said:   crhptic said:   Notice the part I bolded. That means they are NOT supplied by Amazon. They are supplied by "CTCStore" (whoever/whatever that is) who ships them into an Amazon warehouse, and then Amazon ships them to you from their warehouse. In cases like this with third party sellers, Amazon has no control or knowledge of the supply chain of the goods before they arrive at the warehouse and does NOT guarantee the items are genuine.As an Amazon Marketplace seller, their A-to-Z policy guarantees that the item will be what it says or they will give you your money back.

Is getting a refund on eBay as easy as filing an A-to-Z claim on Amazon, which Amazon will take care of for you? The seller has a 96% positive rating, which is pretty good. There's another seller who has them for $22 with free shipping and has a 98% positive rating. In any event, I was merely pointing out that your concern about buying from the Amazon seller was not valid. I'm sure there are plenty of other places you can buy from.

Maybe you misunderstood me. I would have no concerns about buying from either seller. I was merely pointing out that the other poster's statement that the items were "supplied by Amazon" was not correct, as when the items are sold by a third party seller, they are supplied by that seller, not Amazon.

crhptic said:   Maybe you misunderstood me. I would have no concerns about buying from either seller. I was merely pointing out that the other poster's statement that the items were "supplied by Amazon" was not correct, as when the items are sold by a third party seller, they are supplied by that seller, not Amazon.I think the "fulfilled by Amazon" was useful to the poster because it meant free 2nd day shipping with Prime. But I could be wrong.

billrubin said:   crhptic said:   Maybe you misunderstood me. I would have no concerns about buying from either seller. I was merely pointing out that the other poster's statement that the items were "supplied by Amazon" was not correct, as when the items are sold by a third party seller, they are supplied by that seller, not Amazon.I think the "fulfilled by Amazon" was useful to the poster because it meant free 2nd day shipping with Prime. But I could be wrong.

Maybe, but we don't know, as wizardking never came back to offer further explanation. I took the focus on "supplied by Amazon" to mean that the poster felt this was somehow more likely to result in a genuine product, and I was pointing out that it wouldn't be the case.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014