• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
2012 Honda Accord SE $109/Month 1500 Down 36 months

I don't want to turn this into a lease/buy thread so don't do it.

For some people this may be a good option to lease it and then buy it in the end. That way you do not have to pay ~21k in the beginning.

For others this is good deal to lease.

http://www.mattcastruccihonda.com/weekly-ads

$109/month with $1500 down

The SE model has leather and heated seats, alloy wheels, etc...

IF YOU LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE: Go to the dealer and take a print out. You will be surprised how much dealerships melt at the sight of a sale at the end of the month.

Thanks to mbusa over at sd the op

Member Summary

2012 Honda Accord SE (9.64kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
2012 CRV looks awesome.

jumpattack (Aug. 27, 2012 @ 12:43p) |

What will be charges if I take a 24 month car lease and terminate the lease in 12 months?

lingamallu (Aug. 27, 2012 @ 4:41p) |

you don't want to go there. You are on the hook for the last 12 payments, even if you turn in the car early.

MitchFlorida (Aug. 27, 2012 @ 4:48p) |

• Also categorized in:

This is a pretty good deal if you are not planning to spend 20-30k on car, but want to ride on a pretty
good car for couple years.
Your cost for to use this car for 3yrs is 1500+110*36=5500. + few oil changes may be.

big YMMY?

I've seen these for $99/mo in Sacramento area

GreenTrash said:   I've seen these for $99/mo in Sacramento area

Those offers tend to require a much larger down payment.
When considering a lease you need to look at both the monthly cost and the down payment.
I've seen an offer for $99 per month but they wanted $4,200 down, which kills the deal.
This offer is only $1,500 which is actually very good. Let's hope the "dealer fees and taxes"
don't add too much to the final price.

yeah, you'd have to own a $21,000 car for over 11 years just to get the overall price per month to match this deal. Pretty good deal IF all the details match your needs. In most cases leasing fails.

cartierf said:   This is a pretty good deal if you are not planning to spend 20-30k on car, but want to ride on a pretty
good car for couple years.
Your cost for to use this car for 3yrs is 1500+110*36=5500. + few oil changes may be.

It says + dealer fee. Can anyone tell how much can the dealer fee run upto?

Why do you say YMMY. Matt Castrucci is a very reputable dealer in the Dayton Ohio area. They have some of the best lease deals and there are no strings attached. With all of their fees it is just over 2k down

~$5,500 for 3 years use of this car is hot, leather / heated seats are nice in the ice.

you will be sorry!!!

fbobama said:   you will be sorry!!!

How is BofA involved?

Great wheels. End of model now. Really a big car, not mid-size anymore. If you can score this price, I'd say go for it, and I am philosophically against leasing. But Texas kills the deal by requiring the first lessor to pay the entire sales tax on the car (not just the lease price).

fbobama said:   you will be sorry!!!

Why , You are renting the car for 3 years, The car comes with a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty.

After the 3 years you give back the car.

I have a 2002 Honda Accord almost 200,000 miles on it
In 10 years
2 sets of tires
2 brake jobs
1 starter
New windshield wipers blades ever year
About 20 oil change

I also have a Honda Pilot.
Wife loves it....

Also have a 2008 toyota tacoma with 48,000 miles, Has been the shop more than the Accord....
And it is six years newer

This was on a CRV they also had advertised but you have first payment, cap reduction of the 1495, sales tax up front of 145, doc fee/title 219.50 and a 595 acquisition fee

SpicyPapayas said:   yeah, you'd have to own a $21,000 car for over 11 years just to get the overall price per month to match this deal. Pretty good deal IF all the details match your needs. In most cases leasing fails.

Why are you assuming that the $21,000 car will have $0 resale value in 11 years?

Hot deal, green.

Butcherboy is a great poster, and quite frankly puts a nice disclaimer in about not making this a lease vs buy thread..... Just going to throw in a thought here..... for those of you that are underwater on your house and might be looking at a bankruptcy, a lease on a car is a far better option than eventually owning a car (outright) that would be an asset that could be taken away or held against you in bankruptcy court...

timx said:   Butcherboy is a great poster, and quite frankly puts a nice disclaimer in about not making this a lease vs buy thread..... Just going to throw in a thought here..... for those of you that are underwater on your house and might be looking at a bankruptcy, a lease on a car is a far better option than eventually owning a car (outright) that would be an asset that could be taken away or held against you in bankruptcy court...

LOL, sign of the times...

That looks like one great deal. Can someone in NY get this deal also?

Just signed a lease for the very same car yesterday (actually it was the LX base model)...I originally called a dealer who advertised the deal mentioned PLUS fees...those came out to over $1900...$780 destination fee, $595 bank fee, $200 DMV, $326 sales tax...I wound up at another dealer with a 24 month lease with no cap reduction payment and $1350 fees, taxes, DMV, etc out of pocket and a $209/mo payment with 1st mo. waived.
Couldn't find another dealer in the NY Metro area to match it.
Bottom line is to get the dealer to specify IN WRITING the additional fees.

The only con is that almost none of the 2012 accords have bluethooth, only the EX-L model. Come on honda... it's 2012 already.

Is there any chance of Dallas,TX dealer matching this offer? Am on the market to buy a new sedan and this seems to be a great deal.
Current advertised offer in Dallas,TX is $209 per month/35 month term/$1,790 due at signing.

they prob only have 1 accord at the $109 rate

baki said:   Is there any chance of Dallas,TX dealer matching this offer? Am on the market to buy a new sedan and this seems to be a great deal.
Current advertised offer in Dallas,TX is $209 per month/35 month term/$1,790 due at signing.

Decent chance, a lot of promotions are regional for participation but nothing says they can't. Just ask. Via e-mail preferably. Worst they say is "no."

i think this is local. here, deal is $1.5k for cap cost reduction. It only excludes tax and title includes everything else (down payment, first payment, bank payment, and destination fee). However, monthly rate is $169!

timx said:   Butcherboy is a great poster, and quite frankly puts a nice disclaimer in about not making this a lease vs buy thread..... Just going to throw in a thought here..... for those of you that are underwater on your house and might be looking at a bankruptcy, a lease on a car is a far better option than eventually owning a car (outright) that would be an asset that could be taken away or held against you in bankruptcy court...

Check your state laws before going down that road. Some states exempt a car from bankruptcy proceedings (so long as your payments are current).

Concorde said:   they prob only have 1 accord at the $109 rate

All will take that one....

When I buy a car it is always a lost leader.

Was noted as a typo by others that contacted this dealership...so seems like a phantom deal.

respdoc said:   Was noted as a typo by others that contacted this dealership...so seems like a phantom deal.

shady deal. They are probably counting on people coming over and still leasing it, even if it's not at such a good price. How in the world can you make a type like that?

I have a 2010 civic VP.
Positive: 197 a month + 6.00 Sales tax = 203.00 mo payment. There was a 0 down payment.
Negative: Higher limits of Insurance 300,000 liability.
Negative: 12,000 miles year 15 cents after. In 2 years I have 36,000 miles.
Positive: The big plus for me is I can buy my car in a year for 10,000 or I can trade in early and buy this accord?

I was on the lot last week. They had quite a few of them.. not sure what they have now. I can confirm that they have been advertising the deal in other media forms too.

What is the residual at the end of the lease?

Any chance I can turn my current lease (Honda civic 2010) early? Still have 16 months left on original 36 month lease. Currently 14k miles (22k miles left) with $199/month plus tax and paid no money down.

Any experience with turning your current lease so early and leasing new vehicle?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I tried contacting Honda dealer but they haven't respond yet. I will try again tomorrow morning.

JuNooNi said:   Any chance I can turn my current lease (Honda civic 2010) early? Still have 16 months left on original 36 month lease. Currently 14k miles (22k miles left) with $199/month plus tax and paid no money down.

Any experience with turning your current lease so early and leasing new vehicle?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I tried contacting Honda dealer but they haven't respond yet. I will try again tomorrow morning.

I was told, I could turn in at anytime, for a new lease.

emailed largest local honda dealer.

i have a feeling they will not PM this deal, but worth a shot.

~$3 a day sounds about the right price to 'rent' (lease) a car like this.

Any deals on purchasing a new civic or an accord?

phire420 said:    ~$3 a day sounds about the right price to 'rent' (lease) a car like this.
1) I have never ever have heard anyone say a lease price in per day terms.
2) If this was "about the right price to 'rent'", this wouldnt be a hot deal. The right price to rent is atleast 50 bucks more per month.

planner23899 said:   What is the residual at the end of the lease?I have leased for 20+ years and never need to know that info. In this day and age, what is the chance you'll want to buy it? Just turn it in and get something else.

cyberpitstop said:   planner23899 said:   What is the residual at the end of the lease?I have leased for 20+ years and never need to know that info. In this day and age, what is the chance you'll want to buy it? Just turn it in and get something else.

Not really anything to do with purchasing it, it's used to determine monthly payments.

Skipping 91 Messages...
you don't want to go there. You are on the hook for the last 12 payments, even if you turn in the car early.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014