• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free Shipping w/$25+ Order

Text

Walgreens
Need a Walgreens coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

pistachios
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I'm sure the limit of 2 has to with the previous almond deal in which many of us still have ~9 or 10 cans of almonds sta... (more)

Prngr44 (May. 03, 2012 @ 10:42a) |

I have AARP card, does it work in-store purchase?

sardarji (May. 03, 2012 @ 10:48a) |

Aaaah, remember the days.......

.....when we could afford to put gas in our crown vics!

......now just the natural gas fro... (more)

hpmaster (May. 06, 2012 @ 2:32p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks - I overlooked this in their sale flyer. Added it to my shopping list for this week.

THANKS!

Works out to about $4.78 per pound, which seems like an excellent price.

"Nice" is the in-house brand, and the quality of nuts is superior to the national brands.

aarzi said:   "Nice" is the in-house brand, and the quality of nuts is superior to the national brands.

You meant INFERIOR.

Limit of Two

Any other good buys to combine and get free shipping?

Limit of Two. That's disappointing, would have liked to just buy 9 to get over the $25 for FS.

OK ... so I stopped by a local WGs on my commute home and bought two (2) bags for $5.98 OTD. At this price you are paying $4.74 per pound. I tried a few of the nuts and they taste good but not great, not too salty (sea salt) but a few of my samples tasted a little stale. Overall, Wonderful has nothing to worry about.

I would give them an overall rating of 6/10, 5/10 for flavor/quality, 8/10 for price/value and a 9/10 for not being too salty.

I have had bad luck with this brand of almonds.

I ate too many. I don't feel so good ...

Since it is a house brand, would it qualify for the current AARP promo: Buy $10 of Walgreens products, get $3 RR?

Anyone knows?

If you have an AARP membership card, add the number to your Walgreen's account. I've been enjoying the extra savings.

daddyweiss said:   aarzi said:   "Nice" is the in-house brand, and the quality of nuts is superior to the national brands.

You meant INFERIOR.
To each, his own.

But to be specific, for mixed nuts I find only the Nut-rition line to be any good. The Nice! are not only better, they are better value.

http://shop.walgreens.com/store/c/nice!-deluxe-mixed-nuts/ID=pro...

DUDSTER said:   OK ... so I stopped by a local WGs on my commute home and bought two (2) bags for $5.98 OTD. At this price you are paying $4.74 per pound. I tried a few of the nuts and they taste good but not great, not too salty (sea salt) but a few of my samples tasted a little stale. Overall, Wonderful has nothing to worry about.

I would give them an overall rating of 6/10, 5/10 for flavor/quality, 8/10 for price/value and a 9/10 for not being too salty.
Sucking the salt off salty nuts before swallowing is the preferred way to eat them.

What's the answer to giselmy's question? Does the AARP discount apply here?

aarzi said:   daddyweiss said:   aarzi said:   "Nice" is the in-house brand, and the quality of nuts is superior to the national brands.

You meant INFERIOR.
To each, his own.

But to be specific, for mixed nuts I find only the Nut-rition line to be any good. The Nice! are not only better, they are better value.

Do you feel that the NICE brand are better pistachios than the national brands like BAZZINI? That's your point, correct?

PooDonkey said:   Limit of Two

Any other good buys to combine and get free shipping?
Limit of only one for me

daddyweiss said:   aarzi said:   daddyweiss said:   aarzi said:   "Nice" is the in-house brand, and the quality of nuts is superior to the national brands.

You meant INFERIOR.
To each, his own.

Do you feel that the NICE brand are better pistachios than the national brands like BAZZINI? That's your point, correct?

No, that is not my point. I was talking about the regular brand names (not Bazzini) easily available in regular stores throughout the country. And I was talking about the Deluxe Mixed Nuts, not Pistachios.

I apologize for partially hijacking the thread.

thanks!it tasted good

Here locally Walgreens has cashier Sue Smells so.....
Sue Smells sells Pistsachios in shells with sea salt

Horrible marketing strategy for these...

Hmmm... Do I want this bag that claims to have wonderful pistachios or should I grab this bag that only has nice ones. Decisions, decisions.

I have learned that FWers love two things in life ... good deals on pistachios and Crown Vics. I will just imagine that all Crown Vics have floors littered with pistachio shells.

BloodKil said:   Horrible marketing strategy for these...

Hmmm... Do I want this bag that claims to have wonderful pistachios or should I grab this bag that only has nice ones. Decisions, decisions.

You're reading it wrong (or the minimalist aesthetic is simply unavailable to you).

It's not an observation "These are nice" No, it's "NICE!" (hehehe)

feels good man

I'm sure the limit of 2 has to with the previous almond deal in which many of us still have ~9 or 10 cans of almonds stacked in the pantry. (At least I do.)

I have AARP card, does it work in-store purchase?

djtitati said:   I have learned that FWers love two things in life ... good deals on pistachios and Crown Vics. I will just imagine that all Crown Vics have floors littered with pistachio shells.

Aaaah, remember the days.......

.....when we could afford to put gas in our crown vics!

......now just the natural gas from the pistachio deals.....

v8's rule! ......wish I had one!

hpm.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014