• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Cameta Camera
See Cameta Camera coupons that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nikon D5100
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Cameta seems to have a deal like this every day for this camera. I have been watching the price on the D5100 over the past month. Cameta's price for a refurbed body has dropped to $500 recently. The 18-55mm kit lens can be had for $110 (refurbed) and the Tamron lens can be bought for $200. That total's $810 seperately. So you are saving $30 and getting some extra's like the case, SD card, etc.

It's a decent deal. I also noticed that Rockbrook Camera has the D5100, 18-55mm and the Nikon 55-200mm on sale for $850. I think the VR on the Nikon lense is worth the extra price. (plus the camera is new)

That Tamron lens is junk - it has no VR. Skip it.

You can easily find a factory refurb'd 55-200 Nikon VR for $140. Despite the smaller focal reach, it is a vastly superior lens in every way possible.

Costco has D5100 + 18-55mm VR + 55-200mm VR + 4GB SD card + camera bag + DVD for $950.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11659644&search...

The Nikon 55-200mm VR plus the fact that the set is brand new is probably worth the $180 extra.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014