thanks DizoAZ

Member Summary

S&W M&P22 Model
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › S&W
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

We put about 1000 rounds through a 10/22 this past weekend, all very comfortably without hearing protection. Does anybody know how loud this handgun might be?

Sorry double post..

zackr said:   We put about 1000 rounds through a 10/22 this past weekend, all very comfortably without hearing protection. Does anybody know how loud this handgun might be?
It's a good amount louder. I have shot a 10/22 as well as another 22 rifle and never felt the need for hearing protection. It's doable with this or another 22 pistol, but the 22 pistols were loud enough that I wanted some

Just FYI, you can easily permanately damage your ears without ever feeling pain or "thinking" something isn't too loud. Just ask any construction worker over 50, actually you most likely will have to shout it at him. So technically any gun including any .22 you should use hearing protection, excluding silenced guns.

we jsut had a class by a very reputable gun club and the instructor had lost his hearing in his right ear due to never wearing ear protection with (you guessed it) .22 rifles! He said he ALWAYS wore protection for large caliber but never did with .22's and now is paying the price by having to hearing aid in that ear only. He was adamant the Scouts AND parents spectating wear protection. It's the frequency type that does damage without pain especially since the duration of the noise is so extremely short with rifles and/or handguns.

Now that the S&W M&P 22 Mod 22 LR has been around for a year, what does everyone think of it? I hear lots of good things about it and am about ready to purchase one. Only thing holding me back is why in the heck doesn't SW include two mags? Need some feedback before I pull the trigger on this handgun. Thank you.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014