• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 w/case $239 @ Costco B&M, arrived only yesterday in many stores. Amazon's price w/o case still $249. Link to Amazon
Please see previous older FW thread on this topic here, and green thanks and hats off to OP bluefude, and poster taehan for the original Costco info.

Features (from Amazon)

Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS
7-inch Multitouch 720p HD Screen (1024 x 600)
8GB Internal Memory; microSD expansion up to 32GB
Wireless N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n); Bluetooth 3.0
1GHz Dual-Core Processor; 1GB RAM

Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Galaxy Tab 7
Thanks websquirrel
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
A 7-inch tablet is perfect for me, as I want to use it strictly for watching movies. Currently I lug around a 13-inch l... (more)

Mulox (May. 12, 2012 @ 10:14a) |

Is there a misprint? Costco's Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 lists a 7000mAh battery while all the others I saw list 4000mAh.
Battery l... (more)

techguy000 (Jul. 10, 2012 @ 6:16p) |

Alas, no more tax-free from Amazon for me.

I bought the xoom wifi from Costco with a gel cover as well. It seems that ... (more)

RedWolfe01 (Jul. 10, 2012 @ 6:43p) |

First image is a Galaxy Tab 10", not a 7"
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Any link for case? Any idea how much case cost's? I am just trying to evaluate final cost (including tax) at Costco vs no tax at Amazon.

MrLincoln said:   7-inch Multitouch 720p HD Screen (1024 x 600)

That's not really 720p, Amazon's really taking some liberties with their description.

The slip case looks just like this, listed on the Samsung website for $49, but that model # is not the same as the one in the Costco bundle.

Note that the product is advertised in Costco Connection as the Galaxy Tab Plus, but the physical product seems to be the Tab 2.

http://www.costcoconnection.com/connection/201205#pg111

I hope this competition spurs Amazon into cutting prices on the Fire. I've been itching to pull the trigger on it - and my decision will be made a lot easier if they cut it to $169/179.

TheSaint said:   MrLincoln said:   7-inch Multitouch 720p HD Screen (1024 x 600)

That's not really 720p, Amazon's really taking some liberties with their description.

I would call that downright misinformation. If anything, it's "600p".

TheSaint said:   MrLincoln said:   7-inch Multitouch 720p HD Screen (1024 x 600)

I think my timex watch has a higher DPI than this thing and yes, 720p must have a minimum of 720 horizontal lines of resolution to be considered able to display that format.

Question: Can this be used to Skype video calls? I have heard a lot of ICS devices cameras not working with Skype....

Seems to be based on the hardware/app combo, so some tabs have no problem, others do.

ezwrighter said:   TheSaint said:   MrLincoln said:   7-inch Multitouch 720p HD Screen (1024 x 600)

I think my timex watch has a higher DPI than this thing and yes, 720p must have a minimum of 720 horizontal lines of resolution to be considered able to display that format.

720p is 720 VERTICAL pixels and 1280 horizontal.

TheBigCheese said:   ezwrighter said:   TheSaint said:   MrLincoln said:   7-inch Multitouch 720p HD Screen (1024 x 600)

Tomato tomato. He said the same thing with different words.

Here's a 10" tablet for same price:

Real 720p
Widescreen HD WXGA screen (1200 x 800)

Acer A500 ICONIA TAB A 10.1-inch Touchscreen Tablet Android 3.0 OS, 16GB, & 1GB RAM Factory Refurb $239.99 Shipped 1Day
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1189587/

Many people wanting a 7" screen will be happy with Nook Color/Nook Tablet/Kindle Fire depending on their needs, which go for $100-200 range.

The Galaxy Tab 2 is a nice tablet, but it's being squeezed from both ends.

katnrica said:   I hope this competition spurs Amazon into cutting prices on the Fire. I've been itching to pull the trigger on it - and my decision will be made a lot easier if they cut it to $169/179.

I've seen refurb Kindles on Amazon for $169. Also, you missed the GoldBox yesterday for $139. Meanwhile, try your luck at Target. Search for the threads.

Target close out should put the Fire at ~$140.

refurb Fires were $140 this week...

I agree with the rest, too expdnsive

Was tempted weeks ago, but passing.

Acer updated the A100 Tegra 2 tablet with an official Android 4.0/ICS update. Link Those sell on daily deal sites for $169 refurbished.

With tax, the GTab 2 is $100 more, for arguably a slower GPU, slightly faster CPU, and better cameras. No thanks.

In Amazon's defense, the description was written by a male and as we all know, this is not the first (or last) time males have taken generous liberties with their sizing

This says it can make calls if you forget your phone? Does that mean it has GSM Sim Card or Wifi calling? That mean it has a radio installed?

Went to Costco and did not find it in my local Costco.

You can install GOOGLE VOICE and make telephone calls. You will have a somewhat hard time doing it with a 7 inch tablet holding it against your ear (downright impossible with a 10 inch). What most people do with tablet is use TANGO to make video calls better.

This is a great tablet by Samsung and i especially love 7 inch, which is perfect for holding with a single hand and reading.

Good price and the case make it a great price.

MrLincoln said:   The slip case looks just like this, listed on the Samsung website for $49, but that model # is not the same as the one in the Costco bundle.

That "slip cover" looks like any ol $5 neoprene job. Costco isn't attracting me with that cheap ass accessory, that's for sure.

If I was in the market for this, I'd just get it from Amazin Prime w/o tax and be done with it.

no deal...tablet way overpriced to start with,,like apple products

ezwrighter said:   TheSaint said:   MrLincoln said:   7-inch Multitouch 720p HD Screen (1024 x 600)

You must have one heckuva watch!

7 inch? I pass. too small for normal in house use, too big to carry around.

sonyou said:   7 inch? I pass. too small for normal in house use, too big to carry around.

That's what she said

sonyou said:   7 inch? I pass. too small for normal in house use, too big to carry around.

idk about that, laptop is too big to carry around. But, this can be put in a pocket. Seems small enough to me.

Thanks so much for letting us know that. We were all worried that it might not be right for you.

^ lets get back to a more productive discussion.

What make this the same price as the Acer? http://www.fatwallet.com/eBay-coupons/refurbished-acer-iconia-10... From what I see the Acer have bigger screen and a few very good extras while this only have what everyone said is a cheap $5 case.

This discussion is absurb especially 7" vs. 10"

If you are in the market for a 10" then just move on. Why bother reading about a device you are not in the market for? Do you read a thread about Depends when you or your family member don't have a bladder issue?

MANY people like the 7" form factor, others don't. Let's just leave it at that. I could care less what is right for you.

As for DPI, again don't compare apples and oranges. Yes, the 720p designation is incorrect but it doesn't mean the DPI is useless on this device. The DPI is better than Ipad1 or Ipad2, which until ipad3 came out, no one was complaining about.

It is one of the cheapest latest generation tablet with ICS natively and widely available. This deal is $10 cheaper thn retail with free slipcase to boot, and fabulous 90 return policy.

I love this Tab. I bought it last week, and it is perfect for me. I use it as an ereader mostly, and it fits in my purse in a case. The 10 inch tablets don't fit in my purse. My husband has 2 ipads, and a xoom.

TheBigCheese said:   ezwrighter said:   TheSaint said:   MrLincoln said:   7-inch Multitouch 720p HD Screen (1024 x 600)

Turn it 90 degrees.

FINALLY coming down in price. Remember when tablets were going for $500+ LOL

Sign up for a Amazon CC and they'll take $50 off instantly. After you pay the bill cancel the CC.

AniGrumpy said:   Sign up for a Amazon CC and they'll take $50 off instantly. After you pay the bill cancel the CC.
In b4 "BUT IT DINGS YOUR CREDIT" posts (that I happen to agree with).

Amaz0n convinced me years ago to do the $50 off thing. I've spent over $30k on that card since (95% on Amazon purchases). They know it works and works well!

BTW, C0stcos in Utah don't (yet?) carry this. Checked today.

fbobama said:   no deal...tablet way overpriced to start with,,like apple products

Hey, watch it! Apple makes products that are worth the price!

I went to Costco yesterday and didn't see any Tab 2.

just bought in from costco. Love it. Yes, the slipcase is the piece of junk, bu the tablet itself is very good. Advantage buying from Costco is 90 days return policy with no question asked.
If you want to get top of the line tablet, then get Samsung 7.7 from verizon or wait for Toshiba Excite 7.7. Both will cost you $549-$599.
This one is very good and not only it cost $250, but it does everything you would really need from 7 inch tablet. watching movies and reading books are great. On 7 inch you do not really need more pixel count screen. BTW, it is important to get right application from Android market. Get MX video and Cool Reader. you wont complain. Skype works perfect. Camera? Do you really hope to get good quality pictures from ANY of tablets or even iphone? I have DSLR for that.
Performance of this tablet is really good. No problem with wifi connection. It in fact mach faster then HP touchpad i have (POS BTW). Battery life is really good.
I'm perfectly happy with this tablet. you can always wait for something better and cheaper at the same time, but then you are one of those people who always complain and NEVER buy anything. There will always something new with better specs, so you will wait forever.
I have the tablet NOW and enjoy it NOW.

Skipping 18 Messages...
coolbreeze said:   MrLincoln said:   The slip case looks just like this, listed on the Samsung website for $49, but that model # is not the same as the one in the Costco bundle.

That "slip cover" looks like any ol $5 neoprene job. Costco isn't attracting me with that cheap ass accessory, that's for sure.

If I was in the market for this, I'd just get it from Amazin Prime w/o tax and be done with it.

Alas, no more tax-free from Amazon for me.

I bought the xoom wifi from Costco with a gel cover as well. It seems that Costco is making vendors include one as a condition for placing them in B&M stores.

Edit: I recently replaced the Xoom with a Galaxy tab 7.9 which has AT&T 4g. (bought it from someone who got a package deal with a skyrocket and didn't want to keep the Tab for less than I would have paid with contract)

The 7.9s have better hardware but cannot take an SD card compared to the Tab2s. Basically the Tab2s were a less expensive option to compete with Fire/Nook/ect.. No idea what they were thinking about by omitting the SD, but at least with mobile data I can use cloud services instead.

I still use the xoom around the house for Hulu/Netflix. (which is not available yet on the Tab 7.9)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015