• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
We were unable to retrieve your program code at this time and are unable to qualify you with the email domain you have provided.

my .edu email worked.

My company participates in this program. The copy is good for home use, and I don't remember reading anything in the license about becoming void if you leave the employer. They also sent an email offering an upgrade from office 2007 to 2010 as soon as it was released.

Didn't work for my NASA e-mail or my Honeywell e-mail

Thanks. It works. ^^

"Licensed for use on company work"
"If you leave the company, your license in invalid"
Blah, blah

Once the product is activated, it's YOURS. The CD Key doesn't know where you work or what you are doing with the product.

no response after I typed my e-mail address

In for 1. Absolutely a nice deal!

spdracer5g said:   My company participates in this program. The copy is good for home use, and I don't remember reading anything in the license about becoming void if you leave the employer...

Strictly speaking, you're supposed to remove the software from your home computer when you leave the company. Realistically, most people don't, and I don't think MS cares.

I bought a $10 copy of Office 2010 Professional Plus before I retired two years ago. It's been on my PC ever since, and no one is screaming for its removal. The installation discs are clearly marked "Not for resale."

This is a tremendous bargain if your company's license with MS allows it and they offer it to their employees.

bookreader54321 said:   I got this the last time around. My "not a biggie company" was eligible and my IT people knew nothing about it. Been using it for 9 months now and love it. Worth the $10 price. Oh, and I still work for the company. Auto updates go every night so I don't have to worry about where the updates come from.

This is legitimate and you pay to Microsoft.

If your IT dept did not know about this, how did you discover you were eligible?

amazing,it's work!thanks

bermuda88 said:   How do i know if i work for a big corpit compney?
No worries there

bklyndrvr said:   It's legit, I actually got an email from my company about the M$ hup deal. I bought mine last year via the program. Me too, looks like they open it yearly as I did it last year and again this.

Works with my wifes teacher email address....

my work email was qualified. 700 person company in hosting/server industry

I spoke with our Corp IT team for my company. They said they followed up with MS and this program is being discontinued for "lack of use". Most of companies are so terrible at informing employees of perks like this, I'm not surprised. This should be the last year we see this out there.

Is the license valid for just one computer?

Nice my company is eligible, so I'm in for $10. At worst I install this on my parents' computer.

Dont really use it much anymore with Google Docs but for $10 great for me. Seemed to work with mine as well, in for 1, thanks!

Just a mention that if you are a college student, many universities offer MS-Office for free under their software agreements.

My .edu address did not work, then again, our university is trying to get everyone to switch to Google Docs.

Kariput said:   Just a mention that if you are a college student, many universities offer MS-Office for free under their software agreements.

I thought Academic version of Microsoft Office 2010 Professional is about $100.

If your employer is a contractor for a government agency, you may qualify.

thanks. worked for me. the key can use for how many pc?

Not working for Office 2011 for Mac. The website doesn't allow choosing Mac version. Anybody know how I can get the Mac version for $10?

my .edu did not work

@uci.edu works

It seems some of you think that just because MS doens't "shut you off", that you're still eligible to run the software.

When the DMV suspends your license and wants you to mail it in, are you still eligible to drive before you do so?

Do I have any other responsibilities?
As the Volume Licensing customer you are not responsible for your individual employee’s compliance with the Home Use Program end user license terms. Those terms are between Microsoft and the individual employee. We do require that you limit Home Use Program access to employees and tell them when they should discontinue use of the Home Use Program software, for example if your Software Assurance coverage ends or the employee leaves employment.

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/software-assurance/faq.aspx#f...

I'm an employee, and I don't plan to leave anytime soon. so who cares? and if their Software Assurance coverage ends, that's up to them to notify me, at which time I would cease using it. and if they never notified me, Microsoft's beef would be with them.

I'm also an MS shareholder, so I approach this as honestly as possible from both sides.

bri719 said:   I'm an employee, and I don't plan to leave anytime soon. so who cares? and if their Software Assurance coverage ends, that's up to them to notify me, at which time I would cease using it. and if they never notified me, Microsoft's beef would be with them.

I'm also an MS shareholder, so I approach this as honestly as possible from both sides.

Technically, according to the MS HUP supplemental product liscense greement you agree to when purchase through HUP site you would be wrong on all counts.

Using that same bad logic you could also say that you don't have to keep up insurance on your vehicle because you moved out of state and your former state's insurance commisioner's office did not notify you that you needed keep insurance on your vehicle in your new state. If get caught driving without insurance it would be your former state's insurance commisioner's office fault and you would have no legal libility as your former state's insurance commisioner's office is the real liable party becuase they did not notify you.

docjoo said:   Is the license valid for just one computer?

It will activate on two machines, presumably meant for a personal desktop & laptop.

I tried my wife's ca.org and it didn't work.

If anyone has a valid address and got a code but isnt planning on using it please pm me...

Thanks!

GeorgiaBulldawg said:   bookreader54321 said:   I got this the last time around. My "not a biggie company" was eligible and my IT people knew nothing about it. Been using it for 9 months now and love it. Worth the $10 price. Oh, and I still work for the company. Auto updates go every night so I don't have to worry about where the updates come from.

This is legitimate and you pay to Microsoft.

If your IT dept did not know about this, how did you discover you were eligible?

my guess is he found the deal here (if not here, a similar site the last time someone announced it).

cnIsfg said:   bri719 said:   I'm an employee, and I don't plan to leave anytime soon. so who cares? and if their Software Assurance coverage ends, that's up to them to notify me, at which time I would cease using it. and if they never notified me, Microsoft's beef would be with them.

Technically, according to the MS HUP supplemental product liscense greement you agree to when purchase through HUP site you would be wrong on all counts.

Using that same bad logic you could also say that you don't have to keep up insurance on your vehicle because you moved out of state and your former state's insurance commisioner's office did not notify you that you needed keep insurance on your vehicle in your new state. If get caught driving without insurance it would be your former state's insurance commisioner's office fault and you would have no legal libility as your former state's insurance commisioner's office is the real liable party becuase they did not notify you.

hardly. when did I ever imply such a thing? I've never driven without insurance, not even on vacation in a rental car after declining the expensive coverage... so clearly this is not my mindset.

people were talking about using it after leaving their company, I never said I planned to do this or even would do so, nor recommend trying it. I did say, if my company's SA (which authorizes this $10 purchase and license in the first place) were ever cancelled, as mentioned would violate their user agreement. there is absolutely no way for the user to know this, though Microsoft might.

what you're suggesting is one ping their IT department's licensing folks on a regular (daily/weekly/monthly) basis to ensure the SA is still valid. good luck with that. I know of no such solution to the problem you are suggesting people somehow avoid.

ARGH! I need a MAC version and my company doesn't participate. 8-(

iamsolucky said:   To all FATWALLET USER. GO TO YAHOOO.COM OR GOOGLE WHAT EVER YOU REFERS TO AND SERVER MICROSOFT OFFICE 2012 + CRACK AND YOU SHOULD HAVE A LATEST VERSION FOR FREE WITHOUT SPENDING A DIME. REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Stealing = bad

Grammar = good

Kariput said:   Just a mention that if you are a college student, many universities offer MS-Office for free under their software agreements.

Yes, this is generally under the MSDNAA program. It's often not just Office, and sometimes includes other MSFT programs too, such as Windows and Visual Studio.

bri719 said:   cnIsfg said:   bri719 said:   I'm an employee, and I don't plan to leave anytime soon. so who cares? and if their Software Assurance coverage ends, that's up to them to notify me, at which time I would cease using it. and if they never notified me, Microsoft's beef would be with them.

hardly. when did I ever imply such a thing? I've never driven without insurance, not even on vacation in a rental car after declining the expensive coverage... so clearly this is not my mindset.

people were talking about using it after leaving their company, I never said I planned to do this or even would do so, nor recommend trying it. I did say, if my company's SA (which authorizes this $10 purchase and license in the first place) were ever cancelled, as mentioned would violate their user agreement. there is absolutely no way for the user to know this, though Microsoft might.

what you're suggesting is one ping their IT department's licensing folks on a regular (daily/weekly/monthly) basis to ensure the SA is still valid. good luck with that. I know of no such solution to the problem you are suggesting people somehow avoid.

The solution is to READ the license agreement you agreed to. No matter how you try to justify your position it is ultimately YOUR responsibility to ensure you are in compliance with the HUP EULA. My insurance analogy was dead on with your “It is my company's burden and not my responsibility” comment.

I work for L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. this is a legit deal. I entered my company email address and Microsoft sent a link. I also paid for a back-up disk. I received that also and it was very authentic.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014