• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Click following link and once you are on the page click “Don’t Know Your Program Code? Click here.” (for non DoD buyers) Then enter your Company email ID. They will send you a link in email and then you should be able to buy it. I tried with my company's email and it worked. It also might work with .edu email accounts. Thanks to kceezie @ SD.

http://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/home.aspx?culture=en-US

Member Summary

Microsoft Office 2010 Professional
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Got an email from Corporate looks like my company is eligible

IrfanPathan (Oct. 09, 2012 @ 7:59p) |

Still works - I purchased it today and was surprised to find that my corporate e-mail was accepted. Downloading it now!

leeklight1 (Oct. 09, 2012 @ 8:26p) |

Very nice. It works with my Corporate email. Thanks!

Tyrobi (Dec. 22, 2012 @ 11:31a) |

Worked for the following major companies:
PSE&G
FedEx
ca.gov
nasa.gov
vt.edu

Doesn't work for:
Social Security (.gov)
nih.gov

Mixed Success:
.EDU accounts
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not worked for me on .edu ID, anyone else can confirm? TIA

I got this a while back you do need a valid corp email address

Also available is Mac Office 2011

2 years too late....

kthejoker20 said:   2 years too late....

? i'd take this product for $10 right now if I qualified...without thinking.

It is a good deal. Your employer should tell you that you can get it.

too bad, I'm not qualified

captainkirk said:   kthejoker20 said:   2 years too late....

? i'd take this product for $10 right now if I qualified...without thinking.

Same here! It really worth more than $10.

Federal Express employees qualify as do many employees of large corporations

If you can wait till the end of the year and don't want to waste $10, you might as well wait for the next version of Office which will probably be released around the end of the year. (A public beta coming out in summer and final version is usually released about 5-6 months afterward.)

I'm still using Office 2003 Pro purchased under the same deal way back. Definitely worth the $10 now if you are eligible...

Worked for me. Thanks, I needed Publisher!

Under the Microsoft HUP (Home Use Program) you have to be eligible through your employer. Upgrades are available via the Microsoft HUP site.

What version and what software you will be able to purchase depends on what agreement your Employer has with Microsoft.

You cannot share this with anyone else and you do lose the license if you leave your job as well.

my .gov email worked.

If you are eligible for this deal, your company's IT staff will tell you.

As archena stated, you must be an employee for a company with a SA agreement for office products. If you leave the company, you are no longer legally licensed. Might as well download a torrent; there's no difference, and it's a better deal (free)! /sarcasm

Keep in mind this is NOT an unconditional $10 Microsoft Office license! Under HUP, you can only get a supplemental HUP license for each fully registered Microsoft product you have at work that qualifies for HUP. Open licensed and volume licensed Microsoft products do NOT qualify for HUP. Microsoft WILL bill the registered company that you provide the program code the full retail value of the Microsoft product you submit and activate if there is not an available corresponding registered and unused HUP license for the qualified Microsoft product you company registered with them so be sure you have permission to get a HUP license from your company. Otherwise this may be the most expensive Microsoft product you ever purchase. LOL! Maybe you can use it to update your resume while you are standing in the unemployment line looking for your next job.

Agree with the others. This is sketchy. I think there was a post about this a few months ago involving Facebook and it was proven to be a scam and shut down by MS. Buyer beware..

archena said:   Under the Microsoft HUP (Home Use Program) you have to be eligible through your employer. Upgrades are available via the Microsoft HUP site.

What version and what software you will be able to purchase depends on what agreement your Employer has with Microsoft.

You cannot share this with anyone else and you do lose the license if you leave your job as well.

I'm not really sure how it works as at work I'm supposedly only licensed to use Office 2003 but with this program I downloaded 2010

gremln007 said:   Agree with the others. This is sketchy. I think there was a post about this a few months ago involving Facebook and it was proven to be a scam and shut down by MS. Buyer beware..

The only thing sketchy was people using their facebook emails to pretend they were facebook employees, the program is legit.

arribasn said:   archena said:   Under the Microsoft HUP (Home Use Program) you have to be eligible through your employer. Upgrades are available via the Microsoft HUP site.

I'm not really sure how it works as at work I'm supposedly only licensed to use Office 2003 but with this program I downloaded 2010

You are eligible for updates directly via Microsoft - and again can continue to access this as long as you are still employed with the same company.

I did get a licensed copy for Office 2003 back when I was in the SF Bay Area and attended a free Microsoft Event. I have been using Office 2010 for over two years now.

mudkiller said:   If you can wait till the end of the year and don't want to waste $10, you might as well wait for the next version of Office which will probably be released around the end of the year. (A public beta coming out in summer and final version is usually released about 5-6 months afterward.)

that is, assuming the world still exists after the end of the year.

How do i know if i work for a big corpit compney?

you dont

I got this the last time around. My "not a biggie company" was eligible and my IT people knew nothing about it. Been using it for 9 months now and love it. Worth the $10 price. Oh, and I still work for the company. Auto updates go every night so I don't have to worry about where the updates come from.

This is legitimate and you pay to Microsoft.

bookreader54321 said:   I got this the last time around. My "not a biggie company" was eligible and my IT people knew nothing about it. Been using it for 9 months now and love it. Worth the $10 price. Oh, and I still work for the company. Auto updates go every night so I don't have to worry about where the updates come from.

This is legitimate and you pay to Microsoft.

You don't have to be a large company; you only need to have an active software assurance agreement for Office. It is pretty expensive.

I don't work for Apple, and was just curious. Entered a generic apple email, and got denied. haha

That's how I got mine for years.

bermuda88 said:   How do i know if i work for a big corpit compney?

thanks for making my day!!

It's legit, I actually got an email from my company about the M$ hup deal. I bought mine last year via the program.

I got an email from my company announcing this deal. They gave a code I need to enter and email should be one of the emails from my company

ty, u teh man.

gremln007 said:   Agree with the others. This is sketchy. I think there was a post about this a few months ago involving Facebook and it was proven to be a scam and shut down by MS. Buyer beware..Absolutely not a scam

legirons said:   gremln007 said:   Agree with the others. This is sketchy. I think there was a post about this a few months ago involving Facebook and it was proven to be a scam and shut down by MS. Buyer beware..Absolutely not a scam

I should have been more clear. Legitimate use if you meet the criteria is acceptable. Many here will try to exploit this deal ala the fb fiasco a few weeks back.

I can see why some may think it could be a scam. Pretty lousy of Digital River (I am guessing) to have a page that asks for your email and code on an unsecured page. I would not want to enter anything on their site, even though, sadly it is probably legit.

Most of these types of programs you are only licensed for doing work for your employer at home. I can't speak to this particular program as I don't qualify for it and can't find the license terms.

I've found that open/libre office now does what I used to use MS office for just fine, so I'm covered.

Thank you, It worked for me. I have .gov email address and the HUP program worked for me when I bought 2007 like this a few years ago.

Pshhhh. For ten bucks, it is not even a question if it is worth it. My work address worked. Thanks OP!

Thanks...
Just tried this with my wife's *.un.org address (United Nations) and it seems to work.

Don't think Microsoft shuts you off when you no longer work for the company. I've had the 2007 version for years through HUP, even though that company has been sold twice afterwards. My current company offers Office 2010 and the Mac version of Office through this program.

You can buy multiples of this if your company has multiple aliases for your work email address. It's a great gift for family members. You can install this on 2 computers and they'll authorize online. If one of your computers loses a hard drive (wink wink), just call them up and they'll authorize the third computer too.

Skipping 116 Messages...
Very nice. It works with my Corporate email. Thanks!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.