• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For active duty military personnel and dependants with proper identification (CAC Card or DD Form 1173)
May be obtained starting on May 19, 2012.

http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm

faqs
http://www.store.usgs.gov/pass/military.html

Regards.

Member Summary

state parks
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I think you mean National Parks, not state parks.

This is awesome! Thanks for the info.

StarBringer said:   I think you mean National Parks, not state parks.
The link is for National Parks, not state parks.

Ooops. Thank you both for correction. Have a nice day.

The photo in the Member Summary shows the ACCESS PASS, which is a FREE LIFETIME PASS for those with PERMANENT DISABILITIES. The ANNUAL PASS is the one referenced in this thread, which is normally sold for $80.00 but made available FREE only to ACTIVE-DUTY military personnel and their immediate families. The ANNUAL PASS needs to be renewed every year. Also available is a lifetime SENIOR PASS for those 62 or over for a one-time $10.00 fee. All of these can be obtained by mail for a $10.00 processing fee - or you can SAVE the processing fee by picking-up your pass at any federal recreation site where entrance or standard amenity fees are charged. If you are a senior citizen 62 years of age or over, or if you have a permanent disability, the ACCESS PASS (which is FREE) and the SENIOR PASS (which is $10.00) are the best deals because they are LIFETIME passes and do not need to be renewed on an annual basis.

tjonbot said:   StarBringer said:   I think you mean National Parks, not state parks.
The link is for National Parks, not state parks.

The OP's original title used State Parks instead of National Parks.

For those retired military, and veterans, if you have a rated VA disability (0% or better) you are now eligible for the LIFETIME access pass. They are accepting your VA disability letter as proof of permanent disability. This is a recent change that came along with the new active duty pass.

ForSpud said:   For those retired military, and veterans, if you have a rated VA disability (0% or better) you are now eligible for the LIFETIME access pass. They are accepting your VA disability letter as proof of permanent disability. This is a recent change that came along with the new active duty pass.
I've searched and cannot find info on the LIFETIME access pass for retirees and/or veterans that is tied to the new active duty pass. Is the a VA Healthcare Card noting service connected status good enough?

Link to Access Pass Available for Disabled Veterans

Look in line 9 of your link. It says, "Keep in mind, this is a lifetime pass". FYI: All "Access Passes" are lifetime passes. The "Senior Pass" is also lifetime. The "Annual Pass" is just that - it needs to be renewed annually.

So, if I am understanding this correctly, retired military, who managed to get through 20 years without getting a disability, are not eligible for any of these passes??

Guess I am out of luck.

KP4SYS said:   ForSpud said:   For those retired military, and veterans, if you have a rated VA disability (0% or better) you are now eligible for the LIFETIME access pass. They are accepting your VA disability letter as proof of permanent disability. This is a recent change that came along with the new active duty pass.
I've searched and cannot find info on the LIFETIME access pass for retirees and/or veterans that is tied to the new active duty pass. Is the a VA Healthcare Card noting service connected status good enough?

Link to Access Pass Available for Disabled Veterans

The change is that now they will accept your VA rated disability letter as evidence of disability for the Access pass. In the past they actually looked at your disability. Now simply having a 0% or better VA disability rating is taken at face value.

So I'm guessing we can't use our DD214's??

I guess if you beat yourself over the head w/ it enough times that may qualify you as service connected.. yea.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014