Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Netgear WN2000RPT
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I saw this in my email earlier. Great price, but reviews are hit or miss. Many are miss.

in for one, at this price i'll risk it, i havent had any issues with any netgear routers in the 6 years i've been using em. so no worries and the price is killer.

really good price, look for one.

I want to say the price is good.

FYI guys, I had one of these and it worked great.....when it worked at all. Unless there have been major updates and upgrades I would not invest in this tech. I ended up just running a piece of Cat5.

Decent deal, but just spend the $2 extra and get a brand new Belkin N300 router that has gigabit ethernet and can also take DD-WRT or Tomato. Will work as an access point or a repeater just like this one. Why bother with a 90 day factory refurbished when you can have a full warranty with better hardware?

Go ahead and say it then!

ljoelex said:   I want to say the price is good.

Pitter said:   Decent deal, but just spend the $2 extra and get a brand new Belkin N300 router that has gigabit ethernet and can also take DD-WRT or Tomato. Will work as an access point or a repeater just like this one. Why bother with a 90 day factory refurbished when you can have a full warranty with better hardware?

Once you put tomato or DD-WRT you have a 0 day warranty.

I own this one. Recently I replaced it with the Belkin N300. Prices are close. This one is refurb, Belkin N300 is brand new. The Belkin N300 support dd-wrt and tomato. Some the netgear 2000 also support dd-wrt but that depends on the minor version number. Mine didn't work. Also belkin got two USB ports that can be used for network hard drive or printer. Even if you don't flash it, the belkin one is still a better router I think.

hirenrp said:   Pitter said:   Decent deal, but just spend the $2 extra and get a brand new Belkin N300 router that has gigabit ethernet and can also take DD-WRT or Tomato. Will work as an access point or a repeater just like this one. Why bother with a 90 day factory refurbished when you can have a full warranty with better hardware?

Once you put tomato or DD-WRT you have a 0 day warranty.

flash back to stock. your warranty returns.

WN2000RPT not equal to WRN2000v2, this one doesnt take dd-wrt yet, and if developed will require hacking pinout and such. However, if you only need repeater function out of dd-wrt, then this will suit just fine.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014