• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

a (136.79kB)
Disclaimer
Kingsford 2 - 15lb bags $5.48 WalMart

Page 1 of the ad

http://localad.walmart.com/Walmart/Entry/Flash?

Walmart
See Walmart coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

walmart (4.61kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Updated with ad link

I searched but didn't sort by post date. Green! It's my yearly stock up time. I just ran out three weeks ago with last years stock. Time for 300 lbs. more

I'm seeing $6.24. Still a good deal but price may vary by area.

This is a fantastic price for charcoal ... and I would be all over this if it were not for the fact that Kingsford (and many other brands) puts coal in their product. Here is a list of what burns (and gets over your food) when you use this brand of charcoal:

Kingsford Charcoal is made from charred softwoods, pine, spruce etc. then mixed with ground coal and other ingredients to make a charcoal briquette. As of August 2000, Kingsford Charcoal contains the following ingredients:

Wood char
Mineral char
Mineral carbon
Limestone
Starch
Borax
Sodium nitrate
Sawdust

I use only natural hardwood chunk or formed (into briquettes) charcoal. It is more expensive than this deal by far ... but well worth it.

I worry not about the scientific content of charcoal. I just cook with it. I will die from the steak before some FUD-like ingredients in the coal.

Just my two cents.

The alternative is to cook with wood chunks (hickory, mesquite, etc) which generate a smokier, more flavorful meat and burns hotter.

You just have to be more careful, in that 1) You monitor it closely so you dont burn your food, 2) Your hair/clothing will make you smell like a walking bbq, which really isn't an issue if you're grilling before your evening shower/bath.

FREE HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH DRESSING wyb Kingsford Charcoal and Lighter Fluid

www.coupons.com

Went to WalMart for charcoal. Everywhere I looked were piles of 16 lb bags w/o price sign. I knew the deal was for 2 30 lb bags so hunted and finally found them at the end of the row in garden center mixed in w/ some others. I wonder how many people picked up 2 16 lb bags and didn't realize the mistake until they got to register.

I live in Missouri. WalMart in Kansas City has these stacked with a sign at the sale price as you enter the store. However, an employee on his break brought them to the register just ahead of me and they rang up for the regular price. He then pointed at them to the cashier and was given the sale price.

They weren't in the computer at this sale price but were marked as such by sign.

Interesting that Lowes, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart are all selling different sized bags in their sales. Maybe this is a way for them to avoid price matching? Everyone has a different sku...or maybe wm and hd are hoping people will only notice that everyone is selling a twin pack and hope that people won't check the sizes of the bags?

Grabbed 4 bags tonight and will probably go back for more.

Smoking deal OP. Green for you.

Grabbed 8 bags because my car was packed with other stuff. One who check out before me ask if it is on sale an then went back to get some lol

MISTERCHEAP said:   FREE HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH DRESSING wyb Kingsford Charcoal and Lighter Fluid

www.coupons.com

Great coupon. Worked nicely. At my local WalMart in the meat department they had a huge display of Kingsford items including 2 13.9 lb. bags at a feature price of $13.78. Went back to the garden store and pulled out the 2 15 lb. bags from an unmarked pallet. It rang up at the correct $5.48.

Use a Charcoal chimney to light your coals without fluid, and get your Ranch Dressing from the WalMart brand for less money. Forget using the coupon.

blazer09 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   FREE HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH DRESSING wyb Kingsford Charcoal and Lighter Fluid

www.coupons.com

Great coupon. Worked nicely. At my local WalMart in the meat department they had a huge display of Kingsford items including 2 13.9 lb. bags at a feature price of $13.78. Went back to the garden store and pulled out the 2 15 lb. bags from an unmarked pallet. It rang up at the correct $5.48.

+1 on the charcoal chimney. Started using 1 about 5 years ago and would never even consider using lighter fluid again

Went at lunch to pick some up for this weekend. WalMart was all out of the 15 lb bags, but they have tons of 16.xx lb bags at roughly $8.88 each. Bummed.

WalterGuy said:   Went at lunch to pick some up for this weekend. WalMart was all out of the 15 lb bags, but they have tons of 16.xx lb bags at roughly $8.88 each. Bummed.

rain check, rain check

i wish walmarts were closer to me in sf bay area. i just picked up two bags from target for double the price while on sale ($8 each for 16lb bags, get $5 gc when you buy two).

This deal should be on the "Best Deal" page. It's cheaper per pound than the other deal that made it onto the "Best Deal" page.

works for me !!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014