• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
edit: i've updated my original post. there is now a father's day sale going on:
mohu leaf: $37.99 - code DAD ($9.50)= $28.49 shipped
mohu leaf plus: $74.99 - code DAD ($18.75) = $56.24 shipped
mohu bounce: $24.99 - code DAD ($6.25) = $18.74 shipped

they seem to have a sale every holiday. the last sale was during memorial day.
gomohu.com
i bought one during the last sale which included free s/h but haven't tried the antenna yet. it looks like a sheet of laminated paper with a cable attached to it. $3.49 s/h for the leaf, $4.95 s/h for the leaf plusGreetings from Team Mohu!

We are excited about kicking off the summer this Memorial Day weekend
and wanted to share our enthusiasm with you. Starting today and ending
on Monday, May 28th, the Mohu Leaf is 30% off. Just enter coupon code
MOHULEAF30. The Leaf Plus is 33% off, just enter coupon code MOHUPLUS33. And we are
most excited to offer our newest product, the Mohu Bounce WiFi Enhancer for 40% off!
Just enter coupon code BOUNCE40.

For those of you not familiar with the Bounce, it is a WiFi enhancer
that triples the signal coming from your wireless router. It's
directional capabilities allow you to "point" your signal to trouble
spots in your home or even out into the backyard while you barbecue!
Please note the Bounce only works with routers that have an external
antenna.

Feel free to pass on these savings to friends and family and have a
great Memorial Day weekend!
gomohu.com
link to amazon for reviews and customer images
link to previous deal posted in FW

edit: i forgot to post the prices:

mohu leaf: $35.99 - code MOHULEAF30 ($10.80) + $3.49 SHIPPING = $28.68
mohu leaf plus: $74.99 - code MOHUPLUS33 ($24.75) + $4.95 SHIPPING = $55.19
mohu bounce: $24.99 - code BOUNCE40 (-$10.00) + $3.49 shipping = $18.48

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Mohu Leaf TV antennas
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
TEAMMOHU gets 10% off

steveeb (Aug. 16, 2012 @ 10:16a) |

LaborDayMohu 25%off

gulfwindx (Aug. 30, 2012 @ 4:43p) |

These work very well but one warning though; If you use a real email address expect to hear from Mohu .. often. Even if ... (more)

watmo (Sep. 11, 2012 @ 11:22a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got one of these as a gift about a year ago. Absolutely stunned by the picture quality and number of channels it pulls in. Would highly recommend.

In for one for Dad's fathers day gift.

This product has excellent reviews so I hope it lives up to its reputation !

DTV constellation and eye patterns
Disclaimer
The leaf antenna functions no better than a UHF loop antenna. Its manual even states that it is "optimized for UHF". Luckily, most DTV stations transmit on UHF frequencies (regardless of their channel "brand"), but some transmit on lower frequency VHF which require long rod 'rabbit ear' antennas indoors.

DTV signal strength is critical to reception. Unlike analog, digital TV tuners can either decode the signal from the noise or they can't (the 'digital cliff') - you either get a great picture or none at all. The signal strength available at your location is a function of transmitter power, transmit antenna height, your distance from the tower, obstacles between you and the tower (terrain, buildings, trees), the construction of the building you are in (aluminum siding, concrete, rebar), and your receive antenna type, placement and height.

Directional receive antennas (e.g., yagi) can multiply incoming signal strength; omnidirectionals generally do not.

Go to tvfool.com or antennaweb.org, enter your street address, and you will get plots of channels available and their signal strength at your location. Don't expect much from a loop/leaf antenna if you're more than 15 miles from a TV tower or in a high-rise congested area. YMMV.

I bought the leaf antenna about six months ago, and it workes far better than any other antenna we've tried. Might buy one for upstairs now. Thanks.

Buckmann said:   The leaf antenna functions no better than a UHF loop antenna. Its manual even states that it is "optimized for UHF". Luckily, most DTV stations transmit on UHF frequencies (regardless of their channel "brand"), but some transmit on lower frequency VHF which require long rod 'rabbit ear' antennas indoors.

DTV signal strength is critical to reception. Unlike analog, digital TV tuners can either decode the signal from the noise or they can't (the 'digital cliff') - you either get a great picture or none at all. The signal strength available at your location is a function of transmitter power, transmit antenna height, your distance from the tower, obstacles between you and the tower (terrain, buildings, trees), the construction of the building you are in (aluminum siding, concrete, rebar), and your receive antenna type, placement and height.

Directional receive antennas (e.g., yagi) can multiply incoming signal strength; omnidirectionals generally do not.

Go to tvfool.com or antennaweb.org, enter your street address, and you will get plots of channels available and their signal strength at your location. Don't expect much from a loop/leaf antenna if you're more than 15 miles from a TV tower or in a high-rise congested area. YMMV.

Can you tell me what kind of antenna I need to get channel 8 in Dallas its on vhf and I can get it in some rooms but other's it won't show--will the Leaf be good for the rooms that it won't show or do I need one with long rabbit ears? I am not that far from the tower what kind do you recommend?

Do these pick up hd channels?

Can anyone comment on how this compares to the $9.99 flat antenna at Meritline?
http://www.meritline.com/artec-an1-digital-flat-tv-antenna---p-3...

Do you need to have one of these for every tv in your home?LornaRenee said:   Buckmann said:   The leaf antenna functions no better than a UHF loop antenna. Its manual even states that it is "optimized for UHF". Luckily, most DTV stations transmit on UHF frequencies (regardless of their channel "brand"), but some transmit on lower frequency VHF which require long rod 'rabbit ear' antennas indoors.

Can you tell me what kind of antenna I need to get channel 8 in Dallas its on vhf and I can get it in some rooms but other's it won't show--will the Leaf be good for the rooms that it won't show or do I need one with long rabbit ears? I am not that far from the tower what kind do you recommend?

linrick said:   Do these pick up hd channels?

Any antenna can pickup HD channels. The HD tuner is inside the TV on the flat panels or in the converter box for the old b00b tube TVs. It's the marketing hype from the antenna maker to label their antenna as the HD antenna when in fact every antenna is HD capable.

LornaRenee said:   Can you tell me what kind of antenna I need to get channel 8 in Dallas its on vhf and I can get it in some rooms but other's it won't show--will the Leaf be good for the rooms that it won't show or do I need one with long rabbit ears? I am not that far from the tower what kind do you recommend?
Channel 8 is a VHF frequency that requires the longer rod-type antenna (rabbit ears). A loop/leaf UHF antenna alone won't help on that channel. I've had success with this combo VHF/UHF indoor antenna.

You may notice that reception suffers on the side of your house facing away from the transmitting tower. (Visit the two DTV sites mentioned above to see where the towers are relative to your location.) If your house is wrapped in aluminum siding, you may have to put the antenna in a window facing the tower or try an outdoor antenna hung in the attic. For the technically inclined, read through this.

Linrick - DTV RF signals can (and usually do) carry both SD and HDTV programs. You may see a series of channels designated as, say, 37-1, 37-2, and 37-3. The first may be HD while the other two are SD. They are all carried together on one RF channel. Once the signal is decoded in the TV they will display at whatever resolution and aspect ratio was intended (and the TV is capable of).

ach1199 said:   linrick said:   Do these pick up hd channels?

Any antenna can pickup HD channels. The HD tuner is inside the TV on the flat panels or in the converter box for the old b00b tube TVs. It's the marketing hype from the antenna maker to label their antenna as the HD antenna when in fact every antenna is HD capable.
no, i have a flat hd antenna and it picked up hd channels. the other tv only has a digital antenna and it doesn't pick up the hd channels like the other hd antenna.

websquirrel said:   Can anyone comment on how this compares to the $9.99 flat antenna at Meritline?
http://www.meritline.com/artec-an1-digital-flat-tv-antenna---p-3...

I have both the $10 artec and the non-amplified leaf. I'm 31 miles from the transmitters and the leaf definitely works better, but still isn't perfect. With the artec, I cannot get fox no matter where I put the antennae on the wall and abc is choppy. The other network channels work fine. With the leaf, I can get all the network channels, but have to move the antennae up or down on the wall. Up high I get fox, but abc gets choppy. 3 ft lower, I get abc clean, but fox doesn't work at all. I like that the leaf (1 black side, 1 white side) is more aesthetically pleasing than the artec (blue) as I get it to blend with my wall color better.

If you're close to the transmitters, the artec probably will be fine. If it doesn't work well, the artec is a small, cheap antennae to put in the laptop bag.

i just tested the mohu leaf i bought from the previously posted sale. here's my quick summary between the antennas direct db4 that i was using in the family room and the mohu leaf:

antennas direct db4:
1 analog station retrieved
147 digital stations retrieved aimed 30 degrees per antennaweb's recommendation
big ugly antenna for inside the house
pixelation occurs when walking across the room for certain stations

mohu leaf
1 analog station retrieved
147 stations retrieved when taped to north facing wall. this would be about 0 degrees
127 stations retrieved when taped to east facing wall. this would be about 90 degrees
thin wall mounted antenna blends in with wall
NO PIXELATION when walking across the room
picture appears crisper, but this is totally subjective

i live in the SGV area of socal, about 10 miles from most stations according to antennaweb. i originally bought the leaf for a kitchen tv, but now i will buy another 1 or 2 to replace the db4 in the living room, and perhaps the Meritline LAVA HD-600 antenna i have strapped to one of our bed posts. or, maybe i'll hold out to see if they offer the 30% off with free s/h again.

i have about 10 different antennas and none of them are perfect, but the leaf will look the best in the family room and so far i haven't seen any pixelation when walking across the room which is a huge advantage over the db4.

And for those of you scratching your heads wonderng what the heck the price is...

The Leaf Indoor HDTV Antenna
$35.99
- code MOHULEAF30 ($10.80) + $3.49 SHIPPING = $28.68

Now, on to the product. I purchased it two weeks ago.
I have a 32in in the garage and hooked it up in 5-10 seconds.. was blown away by just how clear the picture is and the amount of channels it picked up.
It looks like a cheap piece of crap plastic out of the box.. but it's awesome! Great product for sure.

Mohu Bounce WiFi Enhancer

$24.99 - code BOUNCE40 (-$10.00) + $3.49 shipping = $18.48

thank you forzaINTER for posting the prices. i forgot to include the prices in my original post but have now updated it.

yup, seems brilliant~ Thank OP!

Dead

I tried MOHULEAF30 -- "The coupon code you entered expired on 29th May 2012 so it can't be used."

How can one sign-up for these codes?

108dragons said:   I tried MOHULEAF30 -- "The coupon code you entered expired on 29th May 2012 so it can't be used."

How can one sign-up for these codes?
go to their website and create an account. you may begin to receive their email alerts. i'm waiting for their next sale so i can buy a few more antennas. if i get the email i'll post the new coupon code.

Just wanted to put out a quick note for those on the fence thinking about ordering the next time there's a promotion, this thing is fantastic, the glowing reviews on Amazon weren't exaggerating. Of course it depends on where you live but this Mohu Leaf and the Mobu Leaf Plus (I've got both) get way more channels than any other OTA antennas I've tried and it's better looking and much much lighter to boot. Of course the one drawback for me is that all channels except one or two come in in one location and then moving to another location, I can get all channels but lose a different one or two. Finding the exact right location with an amplifier (Mohu Leaf Plus has the amplifier built in) solved that.

momoman said:   i live in the SGV area of socal, about 10 miles from most stations according to antennaweb. i originally bought the leaf for a kitchen tv, but now i will buy another 1 or 2 to replace the db4 in the living room, and perhaps the Meritline LAVA HD-600 antenna i have strapped to one of our bed posts. or, maybe i'll hold out to see if they offer the 30% off with free s/h again.

i have about 10 different antennas and none of them are perfect, but the leaf will look the best in the family room and so far i haven't seen any pixelation when walking across the room which is a huge advantage over the db4.

good to know. am in SGV as well, finally gave up and threw an antenna outside, routed the cable in, but still missing channel 9/11. will give this leaf thing a shot during the next sale.

http://www.gomohu.com/ the company site is having fathers day special all product 25% discount with coupon code " DAD " for me leaf cost $ 28.49 with free shipping and no tax

i've updated the original post. they now have a 25% off sale with free shipping.

mohu leaf: $37.99 - code DAD ($9.50)= $28.49 shipped
mohu leaf plus: $74.99 - code DAD ($18.75) = $56.24 shipped
mohu bounce: $24.99 - code DAD ($6.25) = $18.74 shipped

any discount codes DAD does not seem to work

anyone know of any current codes?

TEAMMOHU gets 10% off

LaborDayMohu 25%off

These work very well but one warning though; If you use a real email address expect to hear from Mohu .. often. Even if you unsubscribe.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014