• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Starting today, Harbor Freight has on sale its 10 sliding compound miter saw for $89.99 (reg $149)from June 11-17. Decent reviews (4/5) on HF website. Combined with 20% off coupon and purchase IN STORE for a final price of $72. 20% off coupon can be found below (thanks Dotbody)or by searching the net, signing up for coupons on the HF website, eBay as well as in various magazines. Excellent price for a 10" sliding compound miter saw....perfect for the occasional user or handy person.

Member Summary

harbor freight
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

if you want to cut all the way through 4x4s without having to turn it over; get the 12"

flyer i got says it will be $89 during the father day event sale.

usadaytrader said:   if you want to cut all the way through 4x4s without having to turn it over; get the 12"True. Though I almost bought the 12" but actually got the 10" for several reasons: 1)smaller, so it's easier to store, transport, lift, etc. 2) $72-$79 AC vs $119-$139 AC. 3) I've never needed to cut a 4 x 4, and if I ever did, I'd be happy to turn it over for the prior 2 reasons.

This is an excellent saw for the price.... cuts are very straight and consistent.

8-30-2012
Disclaimer
20% off Coupon + Free Screwdrivers -- Expires 8/30/2012

Alive now!!

20% off cannot be combined with sales offers., read the fine print

buster2 said:   20% off cannot be combined with sales offers., read the fine printPlease don't state something as fact unless you're sure. You're going to mislead someone. If you're unsure, always feel welcome to ask it as a question.

The fine print is talking about using an additional coupon on top of the 20%. Indeed, I don't think I've ever used the 20% off coupon on anything *but* sale items.

Visited my local Harbor Freight Store this morning. The 10" sliding miter saw was NOT on sale at the price the OP mentions. I believe it was on sale for $119 and change.

Extremely disappointed! I did pick up a couple of other items and they accepted the posted 20% off coupon with no problem.

The saw is on sale ...Fathers Day Sale June 11-17. Follow the link (or paste)

http://www.harborfreight.com/10-inch-sliding-compound-miter-saw-...

You should be able to apply the 20%off coupon without problem being the saw is on sale out a coupon vs being purchased at a lower price with a coupon...if that make sense. In store only

You will not be able to apply the 20% off coupon on a sale item as quoted to me by the MGR. at my local HF store today as of 8:30 a.m.with a coupon for a sale item. I stand corrected by Dotbody,If you have a coupon for it then you will not be able to use 2 coupons, 1 or the other,but as its a sale item the price will be around $71 as quoted

buster2 said:   You will not be able to apply the 20% off coupon on a sale item as quoted to me by the MGR. at my local HF store today as of 8:30 a.m.As I stated clearly before its not gonna happen unless your local store Mgr. allows it, then his arse is on the line for the loss. It clearly states not applicable on sale items, what part of that do folks not understand, This is a Fathners Day sale item only. You can get the 20% off the $119 price tho. Dotbody the only 1 misleading folks is yourself without checking with your local HF Mgr to see if the will accept the coupon on a sale item

The coupon does not state anywhere it is not valid on sale items, and most of us have been using them for years on sale items at multiple locations. It cannot be combined with other discounts/coupons, IE if they had a storewide 10% off day or something, or you had a coupon for the item. But if it is just a sale item, it certainly should be accepted.

It clearly states on the 2nd line not useable with any other discount or coupon, but as I corrected my original statement and apologize for any confusion, even the store Mgr. here was not completely sure and called to verify that yes you can use it this weekend as a sale purchase, but not with any other coupon. that bein said fwiw,this is a so-so saw as far as cutting accuracy goes, the rails are sloppy at best and pales in comparison to even the Kobalt brand. I have a DeWalt 12 inch as I needed the ability to cut the standard 4 x 4 . This saw however is not much heavier or larger in the 12 inch size and both while they may be accurate for some I wouldn't be cutting crown with them or relying on accuracy because of what folks say about them on HF website. Look for better reviews from actual woodworking folks who use these types of tools on a regular basis, but as stated its a good throwaway tool for the most part,atypical of most HF electrical tools

bbqnosher said:   The saw is on sale ...Fathers Day Sale June 11-17. Follow the link

http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidgets/common/displayCoupon....

You should be able to apply the 20%off coupon without problem being the saw is on sale out a coupon vs being purchased at a lower price with a coupon...if that make sense.

Takes you to the HF website and says: "Page Cannot be Displayed".

Just go to the HarborFreight.com website and search for 10" sliding miter saw. It shows 89.99.

Yesterday went to a local store in CA and bought it at 71.99 (pre-tax) - sale price 89.99 with 20% coupon. Have not opened the box and tried it out yet.

R.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014