• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I can not get the credit for finding this deal. I saw it posted on Woot. The 2 choices are black forest ham and a cold cut combo, Both are low in calories. I like the Sweet onion sauce which tastes great and is very low calorie http://mylocal.subway.com/promo/june_summer2/

Top link is not working right now use this link untill the link gets fixed http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/183307_summerofsubwa....

July's deal print them while you can.
http://mylocal.subway.com/promo/july_summer/

Member Summary

6 inch sandwich at subway (50.17kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer

Summer of Subway (230.50kB)
Thanks blueribb
Disclaimer

July's $2 Sub Deal (351.08kB)
Thanks blueribb
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Went to my normal Subway, She did not even look at the Coupon she knew it was $2 and changed the price no problem. BTW I... (more)

bigfrank19 (Jul. 07, 2012 @ 12:45a) |

Sorry posted in the wrong thread. Mod can you move this to Expired deals

bigfrank19 (Jul. 07, 2012 @ 1:28a) |

Unless a mod just happens to be reading this thread and sees this message, it's faster just to click "alert mods" with t... (more)

triamarker (Jul. 07, 2012 @ 6:18p) |

1. Read the fine print under the ad
2. Some stores will not allow a "value meal" upgrade with this sandwich offer. (YMMV)
3. July's ad may be last years deal left on Subway's website (YMMV)
4. In some areas the choice is a Meatball or Cold Cut sandwich
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

bigfrank19 said:   I can not get the credit for finding this deal. I saw it posted on Woot. The 2 choices are black forest ham and a cold cut combo, Both are low in calories. I like the Sweet onion sauce which tastes great and is very low calorie http://mylocal.subway.com/promo/june_summer2/
I hate to break it to you, but although it is low fat, the sweet onion sauce is not low calorie. One serving is 1.5 tbsp and 40 calories. Plus, my Subway easily puts twice that much when I ask for sweet onion sauce.

As for the sandwiches, Subway does not count cheese or condiments when they list the calories in a sandwich. They do have a great interactive website tool, however. Here's the Cold Cut Combo, 6-inch:

http://www.subway.com/menu/product.aspx?CC=USA&LC=ENG&MenuTypeId...

The default (without cheese or condiments) is 370 calories. Now click the "Calculate Yours" button. If you choose Monterey Cheddar bread and add provolone cheese, light mayonnaise and sweet onion sauce, the sandwich jumps to 540 calories. The same sandwich but with Black Forest Ham starts at 290 calories and jumps to 460 calories.

That said, I love Subway for what it is--relatively decent, affordable and healthy, as long as you know what you're doing. Otherwise, it's very easy to fool yourself and throw down a 1200 calorie foot-long "Jared" without even realizing it.

I am not a Subway expert. Do they charge extra to put cheese on the $2 ham sandwich?

Carbs kills it for me.

Toddler said:   bigfrank19 said:   I can not get the credit for finding this deal. I saw it posted on Woot. The 2 choices are black forest ham and a cold cut combo, Both are low in calories. I like the Sweet onion sauce which tastes great and is very low calorie http://mylocal.subway.com/promo/june_summer2/
I hate to break it to you, but although it is low fat, the sweet onion sauce is not low calorie. One serving is 1.5 tbsp and 40 calories. Plus, my Subway easily puts twice that much when I ask for sweet onion sauce.

As for the sandwiches, Subway does not count cheese or condiments when they list the calories in a sandwich. They do have a great interactive website tool, however. Here's the Cold Cut Combo, 6-inch:

The default (without cheese or condiments) is 370 calories. Now click the "Calculate Yours" button. If you choose Monterey Cheddar bread and add provolone cheese, light mayonnaise and sweet onion sauce, the sandwich jumps to 540 calories. The same sandwich but with Black Forest Ham starts at 290 calories and jumps to 460 calories.

That said, I love Subway for what it is--relatively decent, affordable and healthy, as long as you know what you're doing. Otherwise, it's very easy to fool yourself and throw down a 1200 calorie foot-long "Jared" without even realizing it.

I Have known about the 40 calories for there Onion Sauce but that Onion sauce is there lowest not counting oil and Vinegar. I tell them just a little bit so I am not going over the serving amount, if anything I am keeping it under. I do not add the Cheese and all there other condiments have zero calories with the exception of the Spinach which puts on 10 calories

JiggleTheHandle said:   I am not a Subway expert. Do they charge extra to put cheese on the $2 ham sandwich?

No Cheese is free but they do not give you much

Um, spicy mustard adds a lot of flavor, and it is lower in calories than onion sauce I feel sure.

lexcurat said:   Um, spicy mustard adds a lot of flavor, and it is lower in calories than onion sauce I feel sure.

agreed. in general i go with ONLY vinegar or mustard, no mayo or oil. If you want healthy, this eliminates much calories and fat, while still giving you flavor without having a dry ass sandwhich

Yep, the mustard is 10 calories per serving, vinegar is 5 calories per serving. I usually get the Subway Club, no cheese, spicy mustard, extra vinegar, lots of veggies. The ranch is insane, it's like 100 calories per serving. I have yet to find anywhere how many calories are in their buffalo sauce, but I would love to know.

Pro tip: get the meat on the side to get a Veggie Delite and a treat for your dog.

mummy,thanks OP

I'm sorry.it's yummy not mummy!
but my mum is also prefer sandwich in subway.

cbock35 said:   Carbs kills it for me.

Not to mention the heavy sodium load and nitrite-laden "meat" in most sandwiches.

Toddler said:   I hate to break it to you, but although it is low fat, the sweet onion sauce is not low calorie. One serving is 1.5 tbsp and 40 calories.

40 calories is nothing. I have farts that contain more than 40 calories.

RedCelicaGT said:   Toddler said:   I hate to break it to you, but although it is low fat, the sweet onion sauce is not low calorie. One serving is 1.5 tbsp and 40 calories.

40 calories is nothing. I have farts that contain more than 40 calories.

If you're on a 1200-calorie diet and they put 3 servings on your sandwich (which is pretty likely at my Subway), that's 10% of your daily calorie allowance. Just something to watch for.

Kunai said:   Pro tip: get the meat on the side to get a Veggie Delite and a treat for your dog.

a lettuce sandwich mmmmm. No meat, why bother?

I prefer firehouse, no comparison! but still get steak and cheese when can't get to firehouse but subway is stingy with meat.

In 4 2. Subway for brunch today it is then, thanks.

If only they made ONE healthy bread.....

The shipping kills the deal.

Toddler said:   bigfrank19 said:   I can not get the credit for finding this deal. I saw it posted on Woot. The 2 choices are black forest ham and a cold cut combo, Both are low in calories. I like the Sweet onion sauce which tastes great and is very low calorie http://mylocal.subway.com/promo/june_summer2/

It's refreshing to see "healthy" discussions on the nutritional value of some of the proposed "deals" on FW. Most people just go for the deal because it is cheap, regardless of the HUGE price you pay (to your body/health) once you eat the "food". That being said this is a good deal for relatively healthy fast food. While Subway may be lower in calories then other fast food like McD's or BK ... it is not low in calories. Toddler is right, you can easily walk out of Subway with a 1,200 - 1,500 calorie bomb in your hand.

BLOOMBERGer ,, will only allow 3" ones in "his" city

RedCelicaGT said:    I have farts that contain more than 40 calories.
Which is why your 1/16 shy.

idajean223 said:   BLOOMBERGer ,, will only allow 3" ones in "his" city
Yes, but is there a limit on how many 3" subs he'll let me buy???

Kunai said:   Pro tip: get the meat on the side to get a Veggie Delite and a treat for your dog.

From OP and link does not seem that Veggie Delite is covered, is it ?

That sounds like a gross sandwich. I'd go with calorie free spicy mustard.

1200 calorie a day diet? That sounds like one for America's Top Model.

Toddler said:   bigfrank19 said:   As for the sandwiches, Subway does not count cheese or condiments when they list the calories in a sandwich. They do have a great interactive website tool, however. Here's the Cold Cut Combo, 6-inch:

They should count the calories in the cheese. The meat is so thin and barren, you need the cheese to taste anything.

cold cut combo=1,240 sodium!! without condiments

lexcurat said:   Um, spicy mustard adds a lot of flavor, and it is lower in calories than onion sauce I feel sure.

Agreed. But is it free???

Great deal.

I go there 3 times a week..my regular: Footlong Cold Cut on wheat, pepperjack cheese, toasted with lettuce tomato, onion, cucumbers, green peppers, pickles, lots of chipolte and mayo sprinkled with light pepper..Since I work at a factory, its sits for 5 hours in the fridge..slides down perfect.. And I still stay 180lbs..Thank you Subway!!

I hope you're kidding. You should never feed a dog crappy high sodium processed meats like that. I mean, unless you don't want your dog around for long, I guess.

invisible said:   Kunai said:   Pro tip: get the meat on the side to get a Veggie Delite and a treat for your dog.

From OP and link does not seem that Veggie Delite is covered, is it ?

I think kunai's point was that if you ask for a black forest ham and instruct them to not put on the ham, that's a veggie delight.

For some reason none of the Subways by me carry the pepper jack cheese. What I love is there vinegar peppers banana peppers and a touch of Jalapeņos

You can do a 6-inch ham on Italian bread with spinach, tomatoes, avocado (which has fat, but it's good fat) and honey mustard (a low-calorie sauce) for right around 400 calories. Unfortunately, sodium really does kill the deal. That combo (a relatively low-sodium option at Subway) has 1,080 mg of sodium, two-thirds of the daily allowance for people over 40.

I think Kunai's point is that a Veggie Delight is any sub with all the fixing, minus the meat and cheese. So you could get a black forest ham sub, ask for meat on the side and then pile on the vegetables - et voila! A Veggie Delite for $2 and some meat to give to the dog of someone whom you do not think should have a dog.

at my local subway, the two subs were the cold cut combo and the meatball marinara.

I got a footlong of each, I ate one and will put one in the fridge for another day. 2 lunches for $8 plus tax.

The subway I went to today on the Space Coast in FL said they never heard of this deal and would not honor it.

Mr0ffic3r said:   The subway I went to today on the Space Coast in FL said they never heard of this deal and would not honor it.

What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how delicious this $4 footlong is!

The Subway near my office in Houston has Ham, Cold Cut Combo or Meatball 6-inchers for $2. I noticed that the foot-long meatball regular price has gone up to $5.25 from the $5.00 it was last week.

Skipping 164 Messages...
Unless a mod just happens to be reading this thread and sees this message, it's faster just to click "alert mods" with the message.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014