• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I bought this blu-ray player several days ago. Came in Sony box and for all intents and purpose looked brand new. Blu-ray plays great. Streaming thru wifi is awesome. Super hot for $64.99.

Here's the link: http://quickshipwarehouse.com/?do=item&id=54743635

First time I bought from this vendor, so paid with Paypal. E-mail confirmation came quick and they provided FedEx tracking #.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony

Does it do Amazon vod?

Mixed reviews on Amazon.

Streaming has access to Amazon VOD, Netflix, Hulu Plus, etc. I particularly like a free movie streaming channel (older movies). Bad reviews on Amazon mostly linked to problems streaming. I haven't experienced any problems (streaming or otherwise) at all. Great deal at $65!!

edick said:   Does it do Amazon vod?

one Amazon review says it does.

Sony BDP-BX58, i used costco model, good player, was making wierd noises in the drive area when streaming, and sometimes with some disks, but since it was costco, they took it back no problem. Was an ok player.

good one.
I bought one few weeks ago.
It's very fast. Can stream Amazon video, youtube, Netflix.

It can also be controlled by iPhone and iPad.

wpgeiger said:   Mixed reviews on Amazon.
Link

I purchased one a few months ago, on a similar deal, It came with Hulu Plus for free. My other Sony 580, is the same item, but it asks for a password when I go to Hulu Plus. The x-58 seems to be open. Of course YMMV.

I jumped on it. I finally gave in on getting something to stream my Amazon VOD. Much needed. Let's hope I don't have the streaming issues others mentioned on Amazon.

how is the player, anyone has an opinion on this reseller and the product they sell? Thanks in advance!

Got one from the seller - Quick Ship Electronics. Shipped same day and received after 7 days.

- Item is clearly used, scratches all over the unit. NO REFURBISHED or RE-CERTIFIED stickers anywhere on the unit.
- Original box had all labels cut out of it.
- Remote was very dirty as if it was dropped in some food.
- No instruction manual included.
- No warranty card or any thing like that.
- And finally remote did not work at all.

I tried to call them, but it is going to voice mail. Will be filing a complaint with Paypal and see if I can get my money back.

-------------------------------------

EDIT: Got them on the phone. They said they will ship out a replacement right away. I will wait for it and see if my problem is resolved to my satisfaction. Will update when I get the replacement.

Cheers

savitre said:   Got one from the seller - Quick Ship Electronics. Shipped same day and received after 7 days.

- Item is clearly used, scratches all over the unit. NO REFURBISHED or RE-CERTIFIED stickers anywhere on the unit.
- Original box had all labels cut out of it.
- Remote was very dirty as if it was dropped in some food.
- No instruction manual included.
- No warranty card or any thing like that.
- And finally remote did not work at all.

I tried to call them, but it is going to voice mail. Will be filing a complaint with Paypal and see if I can get my money back.

-------------------------------------

EDIT: Got them on the phone. They said they will ship out a replacement right away. I will wait for it and see if my problem is resolved to my satisfaction. Will update when I get the replacement.

Cheers

Did you ever get the replacement? Are you still liking the player? I ordered this but maybe thinking I should have one with the MacMall deal, since it's actually manufactured refurbished. I hope I get one that is in good condition...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014