• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Update on 7/14/12 - This deal is going on again today at meijer - thanks to another poster who alerted yesterday that this deal would be on again today. This discount applies to your entire electronics department purchase - TVs, DVD players, etc., But of course the best deal is on all of the Apple products that are never on sale!

I helped my father-in-law walk out with a iPad 3 64GB+4G, a Targus Versa View Case, an Apple TV, and some printer ink - all receiving this great deal!

Here is the run down on the iPad prices - hurry, offer ends tonight!

iPad 2 16GB: $274.71
iPad 3 16GB: $343.56
iPad 3 32GB: $412.41
iPad 3 64GB: $481.26
iPad 3 16GB+4G: $433.07
iPad 3 32GB+4G: $501.92
iPad 3 64GB+4G: $570.77

----------------------------------------------

6/2/12 - The meijer in Champaign, IL is running a promotion through midnight tonight where they are offering 10%+10%+15% off electronics purchases for customers signing up for a new meijer store credit card. That makes the iPad 3 $344.25 plus tax. They had a sign up next to the iPad display that said "Ask how you can get these iPads for these prices on June 2" and then it listed the discounted prices for all the models of iPads. I spoke with the department manager and he said that this promotion applies to any electronics purchase and would apply to your total bill, not just one item - so you could buy 5 iPads at the discounted rate if you wanted to. He said the promotion also applied to grills and patio furniture but the percentage discounts varied in other departments. So for the "new ipad" 16GB model the starting price would be $499.99, then 10% off that, then 10% off that figure, then 15% off that figure, which works out to $344.25 plus tax. Not quite the same math as 35% off ($324.99) but still a good deal. Their iPad display looked fully stocked when I was there around 1pm today.

I'm not sure if this is a national promotion or regional or store specific - so YMMV! Good Luck!

Member Summary

iPad 3 16GB
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
did any one price match in bay area? with WalMart etc

ziba (Jul. 22, 2012 @ 3:21a) |

Does anyone know if they have same promotion for LABOUR DAY?

mvkkreddy (Aug. 30, 2012 @ 11:38a) |

Check the website I think I saw something for 20 percent off general merchandise not sure though

Yeldarb1 (Aug. 30, 2012 @ 8:44p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have a card from them already, Dang it.

Sounds like a smokin deal for the latest ipad!

Would be really tempted if I didn't have to sign up for another ccard....sweet deal tho!

How can you get 10%+10%+15% off? I think 10%+15% off is national.

Still waiting for the Apple iPad Mini

Cenbit said:   Still waiting for the Apple iPad Mini

That's not just an iPhone?

there is NO ipad 3...apple calls it the "new ipad"we must be correct, or we will be reprimanded on this blog...abd everyone knows apple is always right...

afox50x said:   Cenbit said:   Still waiting for the Apple iPad Mini

That's not just an iPhone?

No silly...it's called the iPod Touch.

I went into a Lexington, KY, meijer to get this deal. All they would give me was 15% off for the credit card. They didn't know anything about the 10% + 10%. );

I got a free ipad3 with new credit card activation. this is not good at all. don't jump in a credit card deal unless >$300 incentive. you lose about 30 credit points for it.

I did this deal a few weeks ago. Basically they often run 15% off general merchandise which includes the iPads which is shocking to me. The first 10% is for when you sign up for a meijer credit card and the second 10% is a promo they run when you sign up on the weekend I believe for a new meijer credit card. Smoking deal!

hao214 said:   I got a free ipad3 with new credit card activation. this is not good at all. don't jump in a credit card deal unless >$300 incentive. you lose about 30 credit points for it.

Is that deal still available. Can you post a link?

Unless you're planning on getting a loan soon, the actual effect on your creditworthiness should be pretty minimal. Just remember to pay it off and you should be fine.

If your score is so marginal that a store credit card will be a problem, then you have other things to worry about.

15% Off General Merchandise when you use your meijer Credit Card

Must Use Promo Code: 15MMC

6/2/2012 - 6/2/2012

Offer available online or in stores. You must be signed in to your meijer.com account and use promo code 15MMC. Only one promo code per order. 15% off your GM order offer is available for qualifying meijer.com online purchases made using your meijer MasterCard or meijer Credit Card as payment for your entire order and you must enter promo code 15MMC at checkout. The discount is computed on each product total after all other discounts are deducted but before tax, shipping and handling, and other surcharges are calculated. Offer does not apply to Electronics & Computers, Video Game Hardware, Video Game Software, Grocery, Health & Beauty, Baby Food & Formula, Diapering & Wipes, Pet Food & Treats, Weber Brand products, Big Steals, More Big Steals, gaming cards, prepaid cards, gift cards, meijer Extended Protection, digital photo services, and online pharmaceutical refills. Offer not available with meijer Prepaid MasterCard and does not apply to previous orders. meijer reserves the right to limit quantities (including after you have submitted your order). Special pricing or offers are good only while supplies last. No substitutions or rain checks. Please see our Terms and Conditions for complete details. Online offer does not apply to in store purchases or orders made on partner business sites.

See store for store offer details. Offer expires 6/2/2012 at 11:59 PM Eastern | 10:59 PM Central | 9:59 PM Mountain | 8:59 PM Pacific.

A meijer card is actually kind of worth it if I remember right..they often have percentage off grocery and GM days and you can pay off the balance at checkout anytime if you're forgetful or a poor planner. I used to work there and could stack my 10% employee discount on top for an even sweeter deal. If you know someone who works there borrow their discount card.

meijer does not sell the Ipad online. Only in stores. Too bad I live in California.

Wait for the fire sale. Lol

OMG!! I see another person from Champaign, IL!!!! NICE TO SEE YOU!

NOTPC said:   there is NO ipad 3...apple calls it the "new ipad"we must be correct, or we will be reprimanded on this blog...abd everyone knows apple is always right...why do all the shills always call fatwallet a blog. it's not a f***ing blog.

10% + 10% 15% off = 31.15% off, if you want the exact percent off.

robertsdoug said:   A warning about store cards and how they affect your credit score.

http://lifehacker.com/359610/avoid-store-cards-for-a-better-cred...
http://www.credit.com/rs/vol7.jsp

From personal experience that article is totally absurd. I am sure it depends HEAVILY on factors other than simply opening a "store card." We've opened 3 store cards in the last 90 days and SIX credit cards in the last 6 months and my 3 bureau scores are actually UP ONE POINT. Maybe 45+ years of perfect credit (~800)and less than 1% utilization rate help but as a general statement as made in that article it's pure BS.

great deal. meijer has a lot of great deals also aside from this. i love this shop.

Opening a card will not affect your credit score. Don't open too many cards in a short time.

I did a similar meijer deal a few years back with the Sony PSP.

At that time it said it excluded electronics. (It didn't)

You have your choice of a meijer store card, or a meijer branded MasterCard.

You get 5-cents/gallon off gas, every day and they have the try and match the cheapest gas in town to start.. (sometimes 10-cents when they are running a promo) when you use your meijer card at a meijer Gas Station.

Got one for my friend with my meijer card, too bad they were ready to give additional 10% on top of 15% on opening a store card, but I aready have one and friend was not interested in another card. Walked out with 15% off....friend happy too!

it's a fake - there is no "ipad 3", the newest one is the "new iPad" - check apple's site and don't buy this fake!

mannyv said:   Unless you're planning on getting a loan soon, the actual effect on your creditworthiness should be pretty minimal. Just remember to pay it off and you should be fine.

If your score is so marginal that a store credit card will be a problem, then you have other things to worry about.

Agreed.

I apply for any card that suits my fancy at any time, and have tons of authorized but unutilized credit. More importantly, I pay off my cards every month and pay off loans for cars, etc. early. .... My credit score is near 800.

slapshot136 said:   it's a fake - there is no "ipad 3", the newest one is the "new iPad" - check apple's site and don't buy this fake!The iPad I just bought has the name "Etch A Sketch" on it. I bet you're going to say THAT'S a fake too, hah?

Any store charge/credit card promotion is deal, only if you get $300 or over in benefits.

You are right, i also went there and was so embarassed to hear that there is no such discount of 10% and 10%, even I had a little scuffle with them but then they corrected me.So please don't make others embarrassed.

kiteguru said:   Any store charge/credit card promotion is deal, only if you get $300 or over in benefits.
Can you tell me of a specific example where you've received $300 or more in benefits when you signed up for a store card? I can't.

wfay said:   kiteguru said:   Any store charge/credit card promotion is deal, only if you get $300 or over in benefits.
Can you tell me of a specific example where you've received $300 or more in benefits when you signed up for a store card? I can't.

Credit is Credit..It does not matter store or credit card. Benefits does not only mean sign up bonus. Kohls Charge Card saved me over $500 in the last year. It is the only store credit card worth having on my report. I see Kohl's deal on here too often..meijer deals? Only 5 hot topics in a year.

It makes more sense waiting for a Citi or Chase credit card deal if you don't have one. I got $325 from last Chase Freedom deal on my wife's name and sold it for $487.50..This is the deal that makes me "wow". This is why I love fatwallet.

kiteguru said:   wfay said:   kiteguru said:   Any store charge/credit card promotion is deal, only if you get $300 or over in benefits.

Credit is Credit..It does not matter store or credit card. Benefits does not only mean sign up bonus. Kohls Charge Card saved me over $500 in the last year. It is the only store credit card worth having on my report. I see Kohl's deal on here too often..meijer deals? Only 5 hot topics in a year.

It makes more sense waiting for a Citi or Chase credit card deal if you don't have one. I got $325 from last Chase Freedom deal on my wife's name and sold it for $487.50..This is the deal that makes me "wow". This is why I love fatwallet.

I spent $0 at Kohls last year so their card is not going to benefit me.

On the other hand, I spend $100 a week at meijer which is $5200 a year. The card gives a 20% coupon each time you spend $2k so that is 2.5x per year. Assume I use those coupons on special items like this iPad3 normally $500 minus 20% is $100 off. So that gives me $250 per year in savings thanks to those coupons.

Plus you get 5c per gallon off your gas. I have 2 cars and we buy 20-30 gal of gas a week that is another $1-1.50 per week so $52-78 per year.

That gives me over $300 of savings which meets your threshold thus you should get it. And maybe I will think about it too.

wfay said:   kiteguru said:   wfay said:   kiteguru said:   Any store charge/credit card promotion is deal, only if you get $300 or over in benefits.

I spent $0 at Kohls last year so their card is not going to benefit me.

On the other hand, I spend $100 a week at meijer which is $5200 a year. The card gives a 20% coupon each time you spend $2k so that is 2.5x per year. Assume I use those coupons on special items like this iPad3 normally $500 minus 20% is $100 off. So that gives me $250 per year in savings thanks to those coupons.

Plus you get 5c per gallon off your gas. I have 2 cars and we buy 20-30 gal of gas a week that is another $1-1.50 per week so $52-78 per year.

That gives me over $300 of savings which meets your threshold thus you should get it. And maybe I will think about it too.

Those variables were not listed on the deal description. I think it may be a good idea if you list them in the summary section so that people can get a better understanding in the card benefits.

Do you know when meijer is discounting the ipad3 next time?

Update on 7/14/12 - This deal is going on again today at meijer - thanks to another poster who alerted yesterday that this deal would be on again today. This discount applies to your entire electronics department purchase - TVs, DVD players, etc., But of course the best deal is on all of the Apple products that are never on sale!

I helped my father-in-law walk out with a iPad 3 64GB+4G, a Targus Versa View Case, an Apple TV, and some printer ink - all receiving this great deal!

Here is the run down on the iPad prices - hurry, offer ends tonight!

iPad 2 16GB: $274.71
iPad 3 16GB: $343.56
iPad 3 32GB: $412.41
iPad 3 64GB: $481.26
iPad 3 16GB+4G: $433.07
iPad 3 32GB+4G: $501.92
iPad 3 64GB+4G: $570.77

did any one price match in bay area? with WalMart etc

Skipping 2 Messages...
Check the website I think I saw something for 20 percent off general merchandise not sure though

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.