• 1 23459
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Keep Listening with 6 Months for Only $25*
Save 71%!
There's so much music and talk to explore, but so little time. Subscribe for six months of the Sirius Select package for just $25* and enjoy over 130 channels. That's a 71% savings, and we'll also waive the activation fee. Act before June 30, 2012. Call the number to take advantage of this unbeatable deal.
Call To Get Started…
1-866-434-7429

The idea here is to call in the day before your plan ends, and renegotiate your deal! Remember, plans go to auto renew at full rate after promo ends, so watch your dates carefully. It works, even if you do not have a new activation, they want to keep you as a customer.

* OFFER DETAILS: Activate a prepaid semi-annual (6-month) subscription on a Sirius Select subscription package, pay only $24.99 for your first 6 months, and save 71% off the standard subscription price ($4.17/mo versus $14.49/mo). Offer good on any inactive radio on your account and comes with free activation (a $15 value). Service will automatically renew and bill at the then-current rate, on a Quarterly (3 mos.) Plan, until you call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349 to cancel. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. Fees and taxes apply. All fees and programming subject to change. This offer cannot be combined with any other. Our satellite service is available only to those at least 18 and older in the 48 contiguous USA and DC. Our Sirius satellite service is also available in PR (with coverage limitations). Our Internet radio service is available throughout our satellite service area and in AK and HI. Free Listening channels subject to change. Certain channels are not available on our Internet radio service or on mobile devices. © 2012 Sirius XM Radio Inc. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. All other marks, channel names and logos are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Sirius XM Radio (92.68kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Called to cancel my subscription and they offered a one year for $136.87 ($13.21/month) and I declined. Then I got trans... (more)

pochantes (Apr. 06, 2014 @ 4:11p) |

Called to cancel my subscription and they offered a one year for $136.87 ($13.21/month) and I declined. Then I got trans... (more)

pochantes (Apr. 06, 2014 @ 4:12p) |

If that makes you happy, then fine. But I'd rather have to call a second time in 6 months and get it for half of what yo... (more)

billrubin (Apr. 06, 2014 @ 10:25p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I've seen quite a few complaints online about the difficulty in canceling Sirius / XM service. You must call in to cancel, rather than cancel via email or secure messaging, and some report that the call gets disconnected before the process is completed...pretty sleazy.

Like the OP says, "they want to keep you as a customer."

rated:
austex said:   I've seen quite a few complaints online about the difficulty in canceling Sirius / XM service. You must call in to cancel, rather than cancel via email or secure messaging, and some report that the call gets disconnected before the process is completed...pretty sleazy.

Yep, and also even after you call first time and they say account closed, you may sill receive another charge and have to call again to reverse it.
That happened to me, but after the second call, they cancelled account for good.

rated:
Called in to the 1-866-434-7429 number today and got the 6 months for $25 deal. I got transferred a few times but everyone I spoke to knew about the offer - 2 of the reps said that they just couldn't change the rate because I was active and on annual billing, I needed someone to do a override. I actually also got a decent credit for my remaining days - my plan wasn't actually set to renew until next week. Anyway, if you have time left on a higher cost plan you might benefit more not waiting until the last day and getting this offer while it's active.

The call took ~ 15mins total. I would have cancelled altogether if they didn't have this deal - It just wasn't worth it to me anymore for what they were originally charging. It is worth it to me for $4.17/month, though.

Thanks OP and everyone else who has contributed to the Sirius threads!

rated:
Just did this last week. Guy was trying to sign me up for some year plan that was over 100 bucks, and i said never mind and he was like "oh i see that we have another promo for 25 for 6 months" . Can't beat that for another option to keep you entertained during traffic hours.

rated:
I mentioned this before on a different thread. We bought a car and it came with SiriusXM for three months. The three months ended last week. No calls, no letters, nothing asking us to subscribe. What a stupid company. How many potential customers do they ignore?

rated:
Thanks, OP, just got the deal for my two radios..."this will be the last time you are eligible for this promotion since you had the same promotion one time before."

I sure hope this isn't true, otherwise I will cancel at the normal rates.

rated:
Glad some Peeps are having luck!

rated:
I've been trying to cancel my free 30-day trial for a couple days now and they keep telling me they can't cancel because my trial is still active and to call back the next day. Anyone ever seen this? They keep offering me the $86/yr rate. Maybe when they can finally cancel, they'll be able to give me this one.

rated:
Thanks OP. My new car free subscription expired today. The first person who answered the phone offered it to me without me asking and they waived the reactivation fee. Cha-ching!

rated:
NM

rated:
bru20 said:   I mentioned this before on a different thread. We bought a car and it came with SiriusXM for three months. The three months ended last week. No calls, no letters, nothing asking us to subscribe. What a stupid company. How many potential customers do they ignore?

Mine was a free six month subscription and they sent me 3 letters before expiration but nothing beat op's deal.

rated:
Just spoke with them and these promotions are Radio ID specific - meaning they know what car it's in or if it is a stand alone radio, etc.
The promotions that are available depend on what the car is. Unfortunately they were not interested in giving me the $25 for my Mercedes S550 but I still got a much better deal than the rack rate. It was $101.04 for one year including taxes and fees. Not saying I could not have done better but I like Sirius and for me I think it is certainly worth that much. It costs money to put satellites into orbit so I feel I should pay them something for the effort.

rated:
scb71 said:   Just spoke with them and these promotions are Radio ID specific - meaning they know what car it's in or if it is a stand alone radio, etc.
The promotions that are available depend on what the car is. Unfortunately they were not interested in giving me the $25 for my Mercedes S550 but I still got a much better deal than the rack rate. It was $101.04 for one year including taxes and fees. Not saying I could not have done better but I like Sirius and for me I think it is certainly worth that much. It costs money to put satellites into orbit so I feel I should pay them something for the effort.

I got the same response, it goes with the radio ID. FWIW: my car is a Honda Element, so we are not talking a Mercedes for sure.

They quoted me $88 annual rate, plus fees (which I bet takes me to $101). Meanwhile, my wife is paying $77 for her car..... I will never live this down unless I can match/beat her deal!

I called the 7474 number.

rated:
So I called the 7429 number above. Totally different story! They offered me the $24.95 six month deal, that the other rep told me was NOT available for my radio.

What a mess.

rated:
Called the 7429 number above. Was offered the $24.99 six month deal and was able to get the $86 1 year deal as weel.

rated:
milkandcookies said:   bru20 said:   I mentioned this before on a different thread. We bought a car and it came with SiriusXM for three months. The three months ended last week. No calls, no letters, nothing asking us to subscribe. What a stupid company. How many potential customers do they ignore?

Mine was a free six month subscription and they sent me 3 letters before expiration but nothing beat op's deal.

Well I don't know why they didn't try to contact me but it is their loss.

I wish I could get rid of the stupid XM1 and XM2 mode on my radio and the damn shark fin antenna.

rated:
Just called the 7429 number and had a great guy help us out. The previous call had us talking to a woman offering us her "Best deal"--"$179.99 for a yr--we were saving $20 because we have 2 cars with radios". Well we hung up, called the 7429 number and the gentlemen was more than willing to give us the $25 for 6 months and waiving the $15 reactivation fee. Thanks to all who posted !!!

rated:
Remember, if you don't get the offer, call again so that hopefully you speak with a different rep.

rated:
Offshore reps for Sirius are bad. Very bad.

rated:
got everything started within 10 mins during the phone call, thanks OP needed the XM radio for a long roadtrip

rated:
I just called and got the $24.99 for 6 months. My subscription ended today with a billing rate of $172.13, which I wasn't going to pay! He said you have to stay on auto bill and just call a day before to negotiate another deal/rate. Basically I went from about to pay $14.71/month to $4.71/month. Sweet deal.

rated:
I recently was in a car accident, rear ended on the highway. My XM Snap broke as my knee went into the screen. It still works, except screen. So, I called them yesterday to see what they could do for me. Sending me the XM Onyx http://shop.siriusxm.com/xm/ctl10600/cp49759/si4346819/cl1/ for free, only have to pay $7.22 for shipping. They also are sending me a install kit, worth $79.99 to have it professionally installed at a dealer. If you are persistent, you can get things accomplished.

update: Received the XM Onyx, had it installed for free courtesy of Sirius/XM; works great!

rated:
scb71 said:   Just spoke with them and these promotions are Radio ID specific - meaning they know what car it's in or if it is a stand alone radio, etc.

The deals are not radio-specific. The deals depend on what department you are talking to. The regular sales department cannot offer the cheap deals. But the Retentions department can. They don't advertise that they are the Retentions department though, so you generally have to figure it out. The Retentions department exists to keep customers from dropping the service. They'd rather give you a cheap deal and keep their subscriber numbers high than lose you completely. If you call the general numbers, you get the sales department. Usually they have to transfer you to the Retentions dept. before you start getting offered good prices. The other way of getting the Retentions department is to keep choosing the "cancel account" options when you get the automated "press 1 for this" "press 2 for that" menu. They won't automatically cancel you - they'll transfer you to a Retentions agent whose job it is to talk you out of canceling (or offer you a deal you can't refuse) first.

I strongly suspect the 1-866-434-7429 number is a direct number to the Retentions department. Which is why most people are having success when they use it.

BTW... they'll rarely confirm to you that they're in the "Retentions" department. That's an internal designator, not somthing they want to publicize with the general public. You'll know if you have the right department based on the prices they offer you.

rated:
On phone less than 5.5 minutes and am now renewed at $25 for 6 months.
Thanks!

rated:
I also renewed at the $25 for 6 month deal, not worth paying the full rate!

rated:
austex said:   I've seen quite a few complaints online about the difficulty in canceling Sirius / XM service. You must call in to cancel, rather than cancel via email or secure messaging, and some report that the call gets disconnected before the process is completed...pretty sleazy.

They are very sleazy to deal with. Set yourself an alert a few days 5 days or a week before cancellation to make sure to call. They put you on hold for a while and then transfer you to another person. If you dont cancel the jerks bill you like 20.00+ per month.

Rob

rated:
They just told me a year for $96 or 5 months for $25 The account expires in a week i& a half... Let's see how many times I hear from them till then

rated:
took around 15 minutes but I went from "mostly music" to "select" for $25/6 months

rated:
I am so annoyed with these people! It is so frustrating that I have been a faithful customer for a couple of years and I cannot get anything better than approx $50/6 mo. I was told that the $25/6 mo was a re-activation deal. Ummm... no! I am going to call back AGAIN to see if I can get a nicer person to deal with.

rated:
30 minutes on the phone and got the $25/6 months. Cancelled my Sirius account and activated my new XM Radio at the time.

Went Sirius Mostly Music to XM Select.

rated:
Called end of last week, told the person I wanted to reactivate at $25 for 6, he gave no push back and the radio was back on before I was off the phone.

Past subscription expired July 31.

Thanks for the tip FW friends.

rated:
I called the main number and got nowhere. Called the retention number and the guy offered me the $25 deal right out of the gate. Less than 5 minutes on the phone and I'm all set. BTW, my account expired about 6 months ago, and that made no difference.

rated:
i called the main number when my acct was expiring and they offered me a non worthy deal. I said no, and they cancelled my service. they didnt even try to retain me.

now i get emails to call and get 6mos for $25....

rated:
I called the 7429 number after buying a used car today and was offered the $25 deal and they waived activation. Thank you Fatwallet!!!!

rated:
Before reading the thread I called to cancel and was offered 5mo/$25 or 6mo/$30 + royalty fee + taxes. Since it's basically the same, I took the $30 offer (total $35.25). then I realized I should check out fatwallet, come across this thread and called the 7429 number and said how i "talked to my sister" who got a better deal. She said the $5 more I paid had to do with my location and my radio wasn't eligble for the better offer. Umm...okay. I think I still got a decent deal but obviously a little disappointed. A good reminder to come to fatwallet first to see the best deal I should be aiming for! 5 bucks is 5 bucks.

Fast forward to 8/15/12...got my invoice but saw the $2 charge I was told would be waived. Before I even said the reason for my call, I was offered the 6/$25 deal. The amount she said I owed was $2 less than my invoice, so it was actually removed. I went on to say even though I just renewed a week ago, I'd like to get in on the 6/$25 deal which she had no problem giving me. She said I did need to pay the $35.25, which I did, then she put through the better deal and now I have a credit of $4.42. So it seems worth calling back to see if you can get an adjustment to get the best deal they have to offer.

rated:
As mine was expiring/renewing tomorrow, I called the 7429 number a few minutes ago and was on the phone seven minutes from start to finish. The very nice rep immediately offered the 6/$25 deal. I was VERY pleased with this experience with them. Thanks, OP, for reminding us to check our subscription status! And, as always, thanks, FW, for always having the best deals anywhere!

rated:
Been meaning to do this, my sub renewed in June for $167.34. I called today, got transferred to the account service department, he said all that he could do was put me to a quarterly rate at the same price. I asked to go to the cancellation department, they offered a half price deal at $94. I asked about the 6/$25 deal, she said the best she could do was 5/$25 and i took it.

I spend a lot of time in my car and it's worth $5 a month, even if Howard is nothing but repeats now.

rated:
Just renewed 2 radios plus internet (great for smartphone app or computer listening) for a total of $56.01 all fees inclusive for sixth months.

Skipping 294 Messages...
rated:
pochantes said:   Called to cancel my subscription and they offered a one year for $136.87 ($13.21/month) and I declined. Then I got transferred and was offered 50% off to get one year for $102.13 ($8.51/month). I accepted so I don't have to do this again soon. I love discounts!
If that makes you happy, then fine. But I'd rather have to call a second time in 6 months and get it for half of what you paid.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014