• filter:
  • 16789 10
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Just got the 6 months for $25 for the "select" plan by calling 866-635-2349.    

I'm at about three years now of ongoing promos.  

rated:
I may have to take them up on this one, my last six month for $25 ended June 1. Canceling was easy, I called them up and told them to cancel the service and was persistent as they offered me increasingly better deals (but the best deal they offered me was about $40 for two quarters, too rich for my blood).

I like the service but feel it is overpriced for what you get. Those who find it to be like an unending stream of commercial free music don't spend all day working out of a vehicle, I do, and I promise they use an eight hour loop, and if you listen all day every day for a couple of weeks you will soon realize that their selection isn't any better than the average FM station. The real appeal for me is the lack of commercials on the music channels and no worries about reception.

rated:
Just called to Cancel. Was first offered 1 year for $89 + fees, then was offered 6 months for $45. I mentioned having 5 months for $25. Had to "ask supervisor", about 5 seconds later. Came back with the OK. Entire phone call took no more than 5 minutes.

rated:
Called to cancel due to the Anthony Cumia firing and was given 3 months free. Not bad.

rated:
Same for me as with jeohde. I did make the mistake of calling 1 week before my expiration, so they started the 5 mos. today and gave credit for the unused week - would not just renew next week at the promo rate. Their business model leaves a lot to be desired. I wouldn't allow them my CC# for future billing, so they will invoice me for the (outrageous) renewal rate ($50.95 quarterly) in 5 mos. - dinging me for a $2 invoice fee along with the pro-rated renewal rate until you threaten cancellation to get the promo rate. They will not e-mail a reminder or invoice at renewal to avoid the charge, though they e-mail a confirmation of renewal/payment. Only way to avoid it is to keep track of the renewal date and call in advance.

rated:
jeohde said:   Just called to Cancel. Was first offered 1 year for $89 + fees, then was offered 6 months for $45. I mentioned having 5 months for $25. Had to "ask supervisor", about 5 seconds later. Came back with the OK. Entire phone call took no more than 5 minutes.
  Same thing with me with the $89 and $25 deal offered. I wasn't offered the 5 months for $45 which I wouldn't have taken anyways I have been doing 5 month deals for 4 years now.. I put a reminder in my Google calendar and keep changing it to remind 5 months away. 

rated:
Tip: After you get the deal signed up, send them an email a few days later and request that you NOT be put on autorenewal, which is always the default. There will be no invoices/billing fees/etc. because service will stop. Ignore the "last chance to pay 1/2 price" offers before expiration. Your service will just stop after the last day. Then the emailed/mailed offers in the mail keep getting sweeter. $25/6 months is par.

rated:
stevick said:   Same for me as with jeohde. I did make the mistake of calling 1 week before my expiration, so they started the 5 mos. today and gave credit for the unused week - would not just renew next week at the promo rate. Their business model leaves a lot to be desired. I wouldn't allow them my CC# for future billing, so they will invoice me for the (outrageous) renewal rate ($50.95 quarterly) in 5 mos. - dinging me for a $2 invoice fee along with the pro-rated renewal rate until you threaten cancellation to get the promo rate. They will not e-mail a reminder or invoice at renewal to avoid the charge, though they e-mail a confirmation of renewal/payment. Only way to avoid it is to keep track of the renewal date and call in advance.

Or just ask them to take you off auto renewal!!  Do not let the auto renewal status stay active or you will miss out on deals and get negatively surprised if you forget to cancel on last day. 

Why did you call then 1 week early if you didn't wish to be renewed 1 week early?

rated:
Music

rated:
thanks.. signed up.

rated:
The rep started with $89 + tax / 12 mon, then $45 + tax / 6 mon, and then I told her I wanted 6 mon for $25. She said she could do 5 mon for $20ish + tax for each unit. This is the same conversation I've had for quite a few renewals, but they won't just give me the 6 for $25 to start.

It is annoying to go through the same dance every 5 months…but it is a far better savings than paying ~$360/yr + tax (for 2 radios at the standard rate).

rated:
Just called, had to give all my information to someone, who then transferred me to someone else, who I had to give all my information to again. I told them I was not interested in keeping the service unless I could keep a similar rate, and they told me GFY. "You've been doing this for years ever since you got your car, the only way at which you can continue your subscription is at the regular rate, otherwise you must cut off your service." I told them to cancel, and within 10 seconds they said I was canceled.

We'll see if they come crawling back.

rated:
I just called twice to 1-866-635-2349. We have two radios on 5 months/$25 plan, and thanks to this thread I've been renewing at this rate for about 2 years. It was time to do the dance again.

First call, I went to "change or cancel service", and asked for promo to be matched again,. She was unable to offer any better pricing than 1 radio full price / 2nd radio at multi-radio rate since my radios were "still under promotion." It would have been over $40 per month (!). So I ended conversation there and hung up.

Second call, went directly to cancellation, and asked to cancel both radios. She asked why, I told her I could not afford to pay more than I do today, and that "I've been told I cannot get a promo rate anymore." Within a minute, she says that since we are long time customers in good standing, she can offer me the same promo we have today (5 for $25 on each). Done.

So if you don't get what you want, hang up and call back, go right to cancellation. And FWIW, I usually call in the evening and have long hold times. Today I called around 11:15am ET and got right through both times.

rated:
I just got the mailing for another 2 week Free Preview (60 channels)
August 26 to Sept 8,  2014

RETURNING LISTENERS
Listen FREE for 2 weeks.
No commitment necessary.

Then, subscribe and get your first 5 months for $ 20 + fees + taxes = $ 24.xx
Go to siriusxm.com/7234
OR
Call 1.866.243.7234

Offer Details: Activate a Select subscription, pay $19.99 for your first 5 months,
save 73% off the current monthly rate of $14.99, plus get free activation (a $15 savings).

Fees and taxes apply.
Service will automatically renew every 3 months thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates.
To cancel you must call us at 1-866-635-2349.
See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. 
All fees and programming subject to change.
This offer cannot be combined with any other.
Offer good only on your currently inactive radio. 

The idea here is to call in the day before your plan ends, and renegotiate your deal.
Remember, plans go to auto renew at full rate after promo ends, so watch your dates carefully.
It works, even if you do not have a new activation, they want to keep you as a customer.

rated:
I have tons of music, I wanted Sirius just to listen to Howard Stern, unfortunately he's not part of the "select" package. Been doing this deal for a few years now. Found out after they activated it that channel was not avail. Cxl my order. Thank you guys for keeping this info up to date even though I didn't take the deal. Just wish they included that hooked nose Jew in the select package. Oh well....

rated:
Got charged the Semi-Annual Fee today. Called 1-866-635-2349 and here's the transcript:

Me: I would like to cancel my Lexus subscription
Rep: I'm sorry, we have a special offer of 5mo/$25
Me: No, I just don't use the car that often
Rep: I'm sorry, how about 6mo/$25
Me: I suppose I can do that.
Rep: Good. It will be $30 total for royalties and taxes.
Me: Sounds good.

Profit. The deal still exists my friends. 6mo/$25 or $30 total. Woot!

rated:
Wash, rinse, repeat. Just renewed for 5 more months.

rated:
My sub auto-renews on 10/1/14.  I'm on the 5 months for $25.  Has anyone got the 6 months for $25 lately?  Thanks!

rated:
Keep plugging along everybody!

rated:
DelChuckles said:   Keep plugging along everybody!
 Quoted wrong post. Happens when on vacation I guess.

rated:
I need to call, mine is past renewal. I was always doing 12 months for $80 just because I didn't want to mess with it every 5-6 months. I might try to call today.

rated:
scsiguru said:   My sub auto-renews on 10/1/14.  I'm on the 5 months for $25.  Has anyone got the 6 months for $25 lately?  Thanks!
Couldn't get 6 mos for $25 today either.

I have been on either 5 mos for $20 or 6 mos for $25 for years and years on 4 cars.   Today for the first time they would not go below 6 mos for $30.  I cancelled.  We will see what happens.

rated:
Just tried chat and calling to try and renew my Select package at the $25 rate. No luck. They did offer 1 year @ what comes out to about $7.50/month. Lame how they don't let you use the same promotion more than once.

rated:
scsiguru said:   My sub auto-renews on 10/1/14.  I'm on the 5 months for $25.  Has anyone got the 6 months for $25 lately?  Thanks!

raiden9, two replies above yours states a month ago and I got it the end of July. So it does happen.

rated:
ForSpud said:   
Couldn't get 6 mos for $25 today either.

I have been on either 5 mos for $20 or 6 mos for $25 for years and years on 4 cars.   Today for the first time they would not go below 6 mos for $30.  I cancelled.  We will see what happens.

To update, I called back today and got on the 6 mos for $25  renewal with no hassle at all this time.

rated:
THank you for posting. I forgot to call this weekend and today was last day and they were going to charge me $114 for 6 months. Called and here is new deal

6 months at $24.99 xm select
6 months at $11.99 traffic for my navigation
Total $46.08

didnt even ask for this, just told him (Clark from India lol) it was to much and he said I'll renew you at same rate of 6@$25. Asked about traffic and gave me half off for that as well 

rated:
Well the SOB CSR wouldn't budge on his offer.  I was only able to get 5 months for $24.99.  I should have just hung up and called again for a different CSR, but I was pressed for time.  It was my fault.  On my 3-1-15 renewal I'm going to press hard for the best offer.

rated:
scsiguru said:   Well the SOB CSR wouldn't budge on his offer.  I was only able to get 5 months for $24.99.  I should have just hung up and called again for a different CSR, but I was pressed for time.  It was my fault.  On my 3-1-15 renewal I'm going to press hard for the best offer.
Some reps seem to be better at finding the 6/$25 deal than others. As you said, you should have hung up and tried again.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014