• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I just re-upped as well at 5/25. I'm actually happy with the service for this price and it was completely pain free and I was on/off the phone with my credit and extension in less than 5 mins. That's almost worth avoiding the hassle of trying to squeeze another month at that price.

rated:
Just renewed with them, both vehicles for the 5 months for $20 each plan. They tried to offer me the 12 months for $89 and I think the agent got the idea I was no way going for it because of my laugh.

rated:
Just called and told them I wanted to cancel, and she shot me a six month price of $108.00 to which I responded no I won't pay that I'll cancel first and she then search the database and gave me the 6 for $25 which I said I would accept. You just have to be firm and tell them you will go no higher and they will settle on that price. With tax and fees it was$27.98.

rated:
just renewed 5 mo. for $20 (7th time in a row)....on the phone for less than 10min.

rated:
I called them at 1-866-635-2349 and said that I needed to cancel my service because I couldn't afford the renewal rate. I was then offered a year for $89 + taxes and fees, which I declined, and then I was offered the same deal I currently have, which is 6 months for $25 + taxes and fees for the XM Select plan. I accepted that and the rep signed me up. Call took less than 5 minutes from beginning to end.

rated:
I finally remembered to call to get the new rate before the automatic renewal took place (which was going to be tomorrow) and I got the bill in the mail a couple of weeks later.  The person initially claimed that the only offers she could give me were the $89 for 6 months, or $9.99 per month for a reduced music package. I said I wasn't interested in those and wanted the 6 for $25 deal. She eventually put me on hold and when she came back she said that as a courtesy she could offer me the 6 for $24.99 deal, so of course I took it.

Then I told her that I wanted to re-activate an additional radio if I could get the same rate, which I figured wouldn't be a problem. Wrong. I told her I had received the 5 for $20 offer via email and she claimed that was all she could offer me, wouldn't even check. So I told her to forget it and called the number in the email that I had received (855-253-9095) and the guy there was able to give me the 6 for $25 deal without any problem.  Now I just have to call back one time to renew both radios and not have to deal with different renewal dates.

I've always been told about the $2 invoice fee, but never was billed it. The second guy told me about the fee, but then said that because I was in NY, I would not be charged. Must be some state law, I guess.

rated:
Just wondering, I took a monthly plan (have had Sirius for over 2 years between different cars), which was more or less to save me money initially. Do you think they will let me convert to a 5 month for 25 dollar plan that seems to be the trend on here?

rated:
I'm sure that Sirius would let you change your plan.  I just renewed a 6 mos. for $25, and I had a week to go on the old plan.  They credited me the fee for the week and deducted it from the new plan.  Just make sure they know that you'll cancel your service and that you want a new and better rate.

rated:
Just got 6 months all access with online for $50 for 6 months. I need to stream at work.

rated:
My current subscription ended today, so I called in to renew or threaten to cancel.....

I rec'd:

XM Select 6 Month  $24.99
U.S. Music Royalty Fee  $3.47
Total Current Charges  $28.46

So I'm good for another 6 months before having to do the same song and dance again.

rated:
Ive been doing the 12 for $89 for years. Told them today that was still too much, cancel me. 5 for $25 offered right away. Done.

rated:
Lefty421 said:   My current subscription ended today, so I called in to renew or threaten to cancel.....

I rec'd:

XM Select 6 Month  $24.99
U.S. Music Royalty Fee  $3.47
Total Current Charges  $28.46

So I'm good for another 6 months before having to do the same song and dance again.

My subscription was scheduled to expire on 3/1/15.  I'm leaving town over the next few days and knew I would not be able to call before the expiration date and didn't want my subcription to auto renew.  I called them at 866-635-2349 and said I wanted to cancel.  I also mentioned a friend of mine just got the XM Select 6 month package for $24.99 and the CSR told me he got that because his subscription expired.  I told him my friend is a current subscriber and still got this rate.  The CSR told me that he would have to check to see if that package was still available and put me on hold.  After a minute or two he came back on and told me he could offer that same package to me. I got 6 months for $29.59 which includes the Music Royalty fee.  Took me a total of 5 minutes on the phone.  Really hate going through this every 6 months but I guess that's what we'll have to keep doing.  Just set a reminder on my phone for 6 months out and will do this again.

rated:
Thanks so much! Just finished my 6/mo renewal call for $24.99.

rated:
hate sxm, if you listen to it for a week, everything repeats and quality is poor vs FM HD Radio. News stations are ok, but still not worth the subscrpition

rated:
Thanks for the updates. Got 6 months / $24.99 today. It was actually super easy, called told the first person I spoke to that I wanted to renew at the promo rate - they asked me if I wanted 5/$20 or 6/$25 - I said 6/25 (I keep forgetting to call to renew so the less often I need to call the better).

rated:
$57.61 (six months, ALL ACCESS, meaning the play by play sports channels and other channels that are not part of the normal package) is what I was able to get.

rated:
I have ALL ACCESS for $57 and some change for six months. I wanted all the channels as I listen to play by play sports on a regular basis. I was paying month to month.

rated:
Just renewed at 6 mo/ $25 for each of two radios + fee + taxes. Called 866-635-2349#. Said I wanted to cancel right away based on amount I listen at the current rates. They offered $89/year first, I said still too high. Then offered $25/6Mo like they always do. Been doing this for years - but worth it.

rated:
Just cancled my x m account, after three times on the phone.i am refusing to deal with a company that has no known USA phone reps, plus they try to squeeze as much as they can out of there customers. No more XM!

rated:
bpd67 said:   I got 12/$89 last week, I'm ok with that as I hate calling in every 5-6 months.
  Why bother calling at all?  After my 25$ subscription ran out, I got a link emailed to me for another subscription at the same price.  The key is double check auto renew is turned off a few days after you renew.  

rated:
NEDeals said:     Why bother calling at all?  After my 25$ subscription ran out, I got a link emailed to me for another subscription at the same price.  The key is double check auto renew is turned off a few days after you renew.  
  Can't find a way to turn off auto renew in my acct. Am I that helpless?

rated:
It is cheap for renewing radios with internet access...!!

rated:
just called and received this offer...just have to remember to call in every 6 months.

rated:
retrac said:   
NEDeals said:     Why bother calling at all?  After my 25$ subscription ran out, I got a link emailed to me for another subscription at the same price.  The key is double check auto renew is turned off a few days after you renew.  
  Can't find a way to turn off auto renew in my acct. Am I that helpless?

Cannot find this either.

rated:
Has anyone gotten a deal (besides All Access) that includes online (i.e. Select plus online streaming)? If so, what did you ask for?

rated:
You can't turn off auto-renew.  You have to call in, Sirius told me.

The other comments that you must be persistent in calling are true.  I called 3x today:  the first rep could not understand what I meant by "the Sirius app".  Hung up on him.

With the second phone call, I told the rep that the new Sirius app is terrible, I've done all the updates, fixes, uninstalls/reinstalls on 3 devices to no avail and asked how am I supposed to renew my subscription and pay for something that doesn't work?  She told me I do not qualify for any low rates because I already had a deal for the All-Access 1 vehicle ($65 w/fees/6 mos.)

The third phone call today:  told this rep the same as above.  Was first offered one year, but told this rep no way since I did not want to be stuck for a year when an app doesn't work. Was then offered the 6 mos./$65.  This rep pro-rated that rate and gave me a $14 credit, so $55.04 for 6 mos, All Access and 1 vehicle.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015