• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
michelb88 said:   What's the best deal for SiriusXM Internet Radio?
  This one is solid.

rated:
Neilium said:   
  This one is solid.

Which one? The one posted here is not for Internet Radio. Did you intend to include a link??

rated:
Renewed mine 6/$25 calling 866-518-3925 , no obstacles.

rated:
Was not given that offer 6mo for $25. Asked about it and was told no! at 866-518-3925

rated:
antimelanier said:   Was not given that offer 6mo for $25. Asked about it and was told no! at 866-518-3925
  It's called CSR roulette for a reason. Hang up and try again. 

Always good to use words/phrases like "cancel", "too expensive", "Not used enough to justify the cost" etc.

rated:
First 2 reps said no, 3rd rep didnt care at all and signed me up no problem... at 866-518-3925

rated:
Just renewed my 2 radios for another 6 months at $25+fees. The rep at first offered me a year for $99, but I told her that while I enjoyed the service, what I was paying was what it was worth to me and would not pay more, and she was able to get me the $25 rate again.

And yes, it's important to get to the "cancel my service" person and let them know that you will cancel if you can't get this price. Today's rep actually confirmed that before offering me the $25 rate (maybe since the calls are recorded and they need to make sure every effort was made to get you to pay more).

rated:
I noticed that I marked down the date the subscription would renew in my calendar instead of the last date of the current subscription, so my card ended up getting charged a little over $100 for the next 6 months. Whoopsies. So I called 888-635-5142 and said that although I enjoy the service, I just saw the renewal charge had gone through and I needed to cancel the subscription as the cost to renew was far too expensive. The first woman I spoke to sounded like she was somewhere in the southern US. She tried talking me into some music only subscription for $9.95 per month but I declined, and she said that since I had a promotion I wasn't able to get another one back-to-back with it (which is a lie, but there is no use in arguing with her). So I said I'd think about it and discuss it with my husband and hung up.

I called right back and got a guy who sounded like he was in an off-shore call center, and surprisingly, he was much easier to deal with. I only had to decline one attempt to get me to sign up for a year. Within about 5 minutes, he had signed me up for the same plan I had before (6 months for $25+tax and fees=$28.47 total) for the XM Select plan, and he refunded the difference between what I had been billed that morning and the $28.47 cost to my credit card. Easy peasy. I made sure that this time I marked down the last date of the subscription in my calendar rather than the date they will renew it.

rated:
I wasn't paying attention and let the renewal happen, they had an old card that had been stolen and replaced so couldn't charge me. The first time I didn't pay the bill before calling 866-635-2349. A woman with an asian or other accent (she sounded like a friend of mine from Jakarta) tried to get me to do a monthly (no deal, same 10.99 or 14.99 on website) or annual with a "special $10 credit" for the lowest plan for $140 after taxes. I told her that I would discuss it with my husband and call back.

The second time I paid the bill online first, then called 888-635-5142 ... and ... got the same woman!!! But I told her the same thing 'gooddeallie' said, and surprisingly she didn't acknowledge that we had already talked. She gave me an annual price for $99, then a 6 month for $47, both of which I declined. I told her that I like to listen to talk radio on FM, and I am the one who drives the car most of the time, that only my husband prefers Sirius and it's not important enough to me to pay those prices for him to listen to oldies. So she "found" the $24.99 + taxes for 6 months price. Refund to my card for the difference, less $12 for the month that I screwed up because I was too busy having fun on summer vacation, oh well. :/ Next time, I will call the day before it renews like they told me last time and she told me today.

rated:
billrubin said:   Neilium said:   
  This one is solid.

Which one? The one posted here is not for Internet Radio. Did you intend to include a link??

The offer that is the title of this thread!

rated:
My $25 6/month sub expires on 8/26/15.  I plan to call tomorrow (one day before it expires) to make certain that I don't get charged the full amount.  Is everyone still getting this same sub?  Are there any better deals that Sirius may be offering?  I'd like to get a great 1-year deal so I don't have to deal with calling them every six months.

rated:
NEDeals said:   
billrubin said:   
Neilium said:   
  This one is solid.

The offer that is the title of this thread!

I don't think everyone was getting internet radio apart of their 6 mon/$25+tax deal.  I have the 5 mon/$20 deal and internet radio is not included either.

rated:
scsiguru said:   My $25 6/month sub expires on 8/26/15.  I plan to call tomorrow (one day before it expires) to make certain that I don't get charged the full amount.  Is everyone still getting this same sub?  Are there any better deals that Sirius may be offering?  I'd like to get a great 1-year deal so I don't have to deal with calling them every six months.
  These 5- or 6-month deals are the best deals available. This is the advantage of having to call more often - you get a better deal. The best 1-year deal costs significantly more than two 6-month deals. That's intentional. There is a trade-off in terms of price if you don't want to call as often.

rated:
Happy to find it is still available, good deal.

rated:
I have a Citibank advantage card, for stuff like this, I create a virtual CC number that can be used for specific time and dollar amount.

I charge stuff like this with virtual, as they never can renew it.

rated:
FYI, renewed 6 months at $24.99 + $3.47 royalty fee + tax tonight with the 866-518-3925 number. 1st cust service immediately transferred to another department which first offered me 12 months at around $99, then 6 months at around $47 and then said I could have the 6 for $25. It might be possible to get out of the royalty fee but I didn't even try.

rated:
Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive -- just renewed my wife's 6-month promotional subscription for $24.99 + $11.97 for traffic + royalty= $40.43. While I know paying for traffic may seem extortive to many people  since it's free on our phones, we live in the NY metro area and integrated traffic is well worth the $2/month to us...

All I nicely told the rep that answered was that I wanted to renew at the same promotion as last time, otherwise I was planning to discontinue the service.  He said he'd be happy to do this -- he did offer the alternative of an annual option at $99 or so (I think this included the traffic since the other subscription did), which of course I passed on.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015