• filter:
  • 15678 9
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
gooddealie said:   BTW it's a good idea to set up your account online so that you can check your expiry date by logging in (don't renew through the website though because they offer only full price plans, and not the discounted rates).

I was a dummy and missed my renewal date and they charged my credit card $50 and change. I must have missed that charge when it came through (d'oh!). So I called them and asked if I could get the same deal I had before and it was no problem getting my account switched to 5 months for $25 ($28.11 total with tax/fees) subscription. They're refunding the difference. So don't think that you just have to live with it if they do end up charging your card for a renewal (though it's obviously better to keep on top of the date). You can still call and get things switched back to a discounted rate.

If someone wants/needs to use their card use a virtual that expires in a month. Yes they will try to charge but to no avail. You accrue a charge but then they send an email offering 6 mo for 24.99 + roylaty and tax they remove the charges incured (at least in my case) and started the 6 mo on the date I called. Next time who knows?

rated:
Was able to get 5/$25 today, not as good as 5/$20 or 6/$25 but good enough for me so I took that.

rated:
michelb88 said:   Was able to get 5/$25 today, not as good as 5/$20 or 6/$25 but good enough for me so I took that.
Did you specifically ask for the 6/$25?

rated:
Just got 1 yr for $89 + $11 music royalty. Had to talk to 3 representatives and threaten to cancel but they finally gave it to me (don't know why I must verify my info each time). Didn't ask for the 6/$25 deal as I hate calling them even once a year for the deal, let alone twice a year.

rated:
Just got 5/$20 this morning.

rated:
Has anybody had any luck getting any type of deal on the All Access package with premium channels? I listen to (mostly) the Fantasy Sports station and MLB and NHL games on radio, so it would make sense for me to get this package.

I have a free trial until April 26th and was called today and offered the 6/$25 for the select package when I then asked about the All Access package. She said they have a promotion of 6 months/$49.99 total for that package and I said (after reading this thread) that it was too expensive and I couldn't fit it in my budget. She didn't budge on the price and I said okay well no thank you I will probably just wind up cancelling after my trial subscription.

I can't justify paying $25 for the extra channels alone which is why I declined it, even though I mostly listen to those stations. Will they come calling back in a month when my trial is about to expire or should I have taken that $50/6 months offer?

rated:
My 3 mo trial ended on 3-15-2014. They  (brenda) called me today 3-18-2014, and offered me a 5 month for $24.10.Tax with  everything included.  I accepted and asked for a invoice. No problem!!  No $15 fee for start up. Thanks everyone for helping.  

rated:
Bumping...just called and got 5 months for $25...with taxes it came to $27.92

rated:
retrac said:   
gooddealie said:   BTW it's a good idea to set up your account online so that you can check your expiry date by logging in (don't renew through the website though because they offer only full price plans, and not the discounted rates).

I was a dummy and missed my renewal date and they charged my credit card $50 and change. I must have missed that charge when it came through (d'oh!). So I called them and asked if I could get the same deal I had before and it was no problem getting my account switched to 5 months for $25 ($28.11 total with tax/fees) subscription. They're refunding the difference. So don't think that you just have to live with it if they do end up charging your card for a renewal (though it's obviously better to keep on top of the date). You can still call and get things switched back to a discounted rate.

If someone wants/needs to use their card use a virtual that expires in a month. Yes they will try to charge but to no avail. You accrue a charge but then they send an email offering 6 mo for 24.99 + roylaty and tax they remove the charges incured (at least in my case) and started the 6 mo on the date I called. Next time who knows?

Be careful with letting a charge from them remain unpaid, even if service is not used. SiriusXM attempted to put me into collections on a charge that wasn't owed for a device that was not in use. 

rated:
got 5m/$30. very quick, less than 5min.

edit: didn't push it, very smooth call.

rated:
Just called...asked for 5 for 20 and got it with no issues. 21 something with tax and credit from last few days of previous plan.

rated:
Called to cancel my subscription and they offered a one year for $136.87 ($13.21/month) and I declined. Then I got transferred and was offered 50% off to get one year for $102.13 ($8.51/month). I accepted so I don't have to do this again soon. I love discounts!

rated:
Called to cancel my subscription and they offered a one year for $136.87 ($13.21/month) and I declined. Then I got transferred and was offered 50% off to get one year for $102.13 ($8.51/month). I accepted so I don't have to do this again soon. I love discounts!

rated:
pochantes said:   Called to cancel my subscription and they offered a one year for $136.87 ($13.21/month) and I declined. Then I got transferred and was offered 50% off to get one year for $102.13 ($8.51/month). I accepted so I don't have to do this again soon. I love discounts!
If that makes you happy, then fine. But I'd rather have to call a second time in 6 months and get it for half of what you paid.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014