• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
michelb88 said:   What's the best deal for SiriusXM Internet Radio?
This one is solid.

rated:
Neilium said:   
michelb88 said:   What's the best deal for SiriusXM Internet Radio?
This one is solid.

Which one? The one posted here is not for Internet Radio. Did you intend to include a link??

rated:
Renewed mine 6/$25 calling 866-518-3925 , no obstacles.

rated:
Was not given that offer 6mo for $25. Asked about it and was told no! at 866-518-3925

rated:
antimelanier said:   Was not given that offer 6mo for $25. Asked about it and was told no! at 866-518-3925
It's called CSR roulette for a reason. Hang up and try again.

Always good to use words/phrases like "cancel", "too expensive", "Not used enough to justify the cost" etc.

rated:
First 2 reps said no, 3rd rep didnt care at all and signed me up no problem... at 866-518-3925

rated:
Just renewed my 2 radios for another 6 months at $25+fees. The rep at first offered me a year for $99, but I told her that while I enjoyed the service, what I was paying was what it was worth to me and would not pay more, and she was able to get me the $25 rate again.

And yes, it's important to get to the "cancel my service" person and let them know that you will cancel if you can't get this price. Today's rep actually confirmed that before offering me the $25 rate (maybe since the calls are recorded and they need to make sure every effort was made to get you to pay more).

rated:
I noticed that I marked down the date the subscription would renew in my calendar instead of the last date of the current subscription, so my card ended up getting charged a little over $100 for the next 6 months. Whoopsies. So I called 888-635-5142 and said that although I enjoy the service, I just saw the renewal charge had gone through and I needed to cancel the subscription as the cost to renew was far too expensive. The first woman I spoke to sounded like she was somewhere in the southern US. She tried talking me into some music only subscription for $9.95 per month but I declined, and she said that since I had a promotion I wasn't able to get another one back-to-back with it (which is a lie, but there is no use in arguing with her). So I said I'd think about it and discuss it with my husband and hung up.

I called right back and got a guy who sounded like he was in an off-shore call center, and surprisingly, he was much easier to deal with. I only had to decline one attempt to get me to sign up for a year. Within about 5 minutes, he had signed me up for the same plan I had before (6 months for $25+tax and fees=$28.47 total) for the XM Select plan, and he refunded the difference between what I had been billed that morning and the $28.47 cost to my credit card. Easy peasy. I made sure that this time I marked down the last date of the subscription in my calendar rather than the date they will renew it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015