• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
Thanks for the find of the deal.

Well the Costcos in my area have had the 657941 laptop on order for a while because they sold out. Each store has told me they were supposed to get the shipment on June 29th but the order hasn't came yet. I can only hope that they will be selling the XPS 15z (657962)instead of the 657941.

salwana said:   I remember the days when deals would be 50 pages long and it took a few pages of reading to fully understand what was going on. This deal is only three pages. Seriously...

polishdreamer, you've been a user here for almost ten years.

Thanks for the memories. I laughed. I cried. *sigh* Good times, good times. There will never be another Dell WD 340HDD deal again.

So I picked up the 657941 laptop the other day, her are the specs if anybody is wondering. Intel core i7-2670qm, 8gb of memory, 1TB of memory (5400), 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 525m, screen resolution is 1366 by 768, comes with windows 7 home premium (64 bit) with Microsoft office starter 2010, Dell stage software. The only cons: lacks backlit keyboard and lacks of full HD screen.

I can't necessarily comment on whether or not the screen is "full HD"(although it's definitely 1080), but the keyboard is backlit for sure.

rgibanez said:   So I picked up the 657941 laptop the other day, her are the specs if anybody is wondering. Intel core i7-2670qm, 8gb of memory, 1TB of memory (5400), 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 525m, screen resolution is 1366 by 768, comes with windows 7 home premium (64 bit) with Microsoft office starter 2010, Dell stage software. The only cons: lacks backlit keyboard and lacks of full HD screen.

Sounds like you got the 15R and not the XPS 15z. This deal we're talking about has 2GB nVidia card and full HD 1920x1080 screen. It also has backlit keyboard. Mine had Office installer that prompts to enter a license key to begin downloading Office 2010. I uninstalled it. I've not found the time to dig through my emails to get my old Office 2010 key from the $10 HUP purchase a while ago. If I wait long enough, I might even qualify for the next version of Office.

And dont forget, if you bought this, it qualifies you for $15 Windows 8 whenever it comes out. You dont have to install it on this laptop, instead you can upgrade a different Win7 device with that license.

side question, does anyone know if you buy a refurbished computer, do u still qualify for the Windows 8 promotion?
thanks.

You are correct. I was really hoping on buying the XPS but I guess I lucked out "/ oh well

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014