• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
none in gaithersburg, md (i went around in circles around the laptops)

Tried Naperville when they opened today....they're out.

Sucks living near 1 digit store numbers. They make sure that correct ad items are always available.

Could someone please provide C0stc0 item number? Is it 657941? or 645851?

Thanks a lot.

florist said:   Could someone please provide C0stc0 item number? Is it 657941? or 645851?

Thanks a lot.

photo in earlier post shows 657962 for 15z

I'm surprise to learn this has the full Office when my Dell outlet 15z was only Office Starter. I also assumed all i7 chips were quad core but dual core may have to do.

polishdreamer said:   magichau said:   The same with me, just came back from the store.

futurer said:   I am at Costco. no 15z in sight. 15r is available for 699 after 180 instant rebate

Yeah, goodluck buying a Z for this. I'm not even defending my position here, there's no receipt & no stock shown of this. Thanks for a tag of a mystery computer that no one else can get, it's a great looking deal that's not been purchased yet. First receipt of a Z purchased here for $649 OTD as this thread says gets my apology,it says $699 + tax for a mystery computer. That be mid $700 here, so where is the OTD price as posted?

Who gives a shit about your apology?

meulbr said:   Tried Naperville when they opened today....they're out.

Sorry man. Did you try talking them into selling you the display item?

Wait...I thought you already got one earlier? Trying to eBay?

Monkeybiz said:   I'm surprise to learn this has the full Office when my Dell outlet 15z was only Office Starter. I also assumed all i7 chips were quad core but dual core may have to do.

Nope, sorry, in-store version doesnt have full Office suite. You'll have to buy your own. Only the online-version has Office included...but thats almost double the price. I'm sure you could find Office for cheaper than $600.

I gave the item number at the customer service desk in East Hanover, NJ and also, no stock listed for anywhere in the Northeastern US. Bummer

Yea. Columbia, MD only had the 15r.

Yes, takes a little effort, but some information for those interested: From the "Locations" link on costco.com home page, select location(s) of your choice, then look at the "New items in the warehouse" link for the chosen warehouse. Many indicate whether the "15r" or the "15z" came in to the warehouse location. Stock quantities information is not provided on the page.

tldr: don't be lazy, do the leg work and be polite to brick and mortar reps.

horizon6 said:   Yes, takes a little effort, but some information for those interested: From the "Locations" link on costco.com home page, select location(s) of your choice, then look at the "New items in the warehouse" link for the chosen warehouse. Many indicate whether the "15r" or the "15z" came in to the warehouse location. Stock quantities information is not provided on the page.
I thought about writing a similar post last night, but this thread is full of people that don't seem to take a few minutes to read. One recently asked what the item number was when that info (657962) was stated in an earlier post.

I remember the days when deals would be 50 pages long and it took a few pages of reading to fully understand what was going on. This deal is only three pages. Seriously...

polishdreamer, you've been a user here for almost ten years. When I checked this site daily over five years ago, I remember you were extremely helpful. What happened? Why are you so pissed off? I bet you know how to check inventory at any brick and mortar out there. And especially Costco, it's so easy to ask someone in a red vest to check a particular item number.

I know deals haven't been as awesome as they were back when De11 trolled us daily, but c'mon now. No need to be so pissed off.

For the young ones using the site, it's very easy to check Costco inventory for your entire area. Just go to your nearest store, politely ask someone in a red vest if they have item x. If they don't ask them if they can check other stores in the area. If you're lucky, you can even look over their shoulder. Most people don't care about the latest tech "deal". They want to sell their inventory.

If they're not too busy and you're polite, you'll get what you're looking for.

People, don't be this guy.

TheWalL said:   meulbr said:   Tried Naperville when they opened today....they're out.

Sorry man. Did you try talking them into selling you the display item?

Wait...I thought you already got one earlier? Trying to eBay?

I did. I was looking for one for my wife.

horizon6 said:   Yes, takes a little effort, but some information for those interested: From the "Locations" link on costco.com home page, select location(s) of your choice, then look at the "New items in the warehouse" link for the chosen warehouse. Many indicate whether the "15r" or the "15z" came in to the warehouse location. Stock quantities information is not provided on the page.

My Costco doesn't have any Dells listed as "new items in warehouse", but when I stopped by the other day, they had the awesome Dell deal in stock.

I went back last night and it was gone.

I gotta say - even though this is a Dell, this computer is amazing. I'm having a tough time getting used to the small type on the screen because it's so high res though! It's unbelievably fast. I wish I had bought two of them!

In stock at my store, but what a god awful keyboard.

Any in the dallas, tx area?

salwana said:   tldr: don't be lazy, do the leg work and be polite to brick and mortar reps.

I thought about writing a similar post last night, but this thread is full of people that don't seem to take a few minutes to read. One recently asked what the item number was when that info (657962) was stated in an earlier post.

I remember the days when deals would be 50 pages long and it took a few pages of reading to fully understand what was going on. This deal is only three pages. Seriously...

polishdreamer, you've been a user here for almost ten years. When I checked this site daily over five years ago, I remember you were extremely helpful. What happened? Why are you so pissed off? I bet you know how to check inventory at any brick and mortar out there. And especially Costco, it's so easy to ask someone in a red vest to check a particular item number.

I know deals haven't been as awesome as they were back when De11 trolled us daily, but c'mon now. No need to be so pissed off.

For the young ones using the site, it's very easy to check Costco inventory for your entire area. Just go to your nearest store, politely ask someone in a red vest if they have item x. If they don't ask them if they can check other stores in the area. If you're lucky, you can even look over their shoulder. Most people don't care about the latest tech "deal". They want to sell their inventory.

If they're not too busy and you're polite, you'll get what you're looking for.

People, don't be this guy.

Very well said salwana, clearly Green. Your comment indicated the "reason" for the first sentence in the post you quoted. Almost didn't do that post, just as you thought about it, but decided to do it with the preface hoping to be useful to some without receiving too much kicking from others. Thank you.

FW was a site for people to help each other get deals. Those now demanding spoon feeding, are unwilling to be reasonably helpful to others, or are basically nasty, too often make this site uncomfortable and deter other members from posting deals here. Do we need a test for membership or is there a chance that people will follow the advice in the last line of the quoted post?

I made a dozens of phone calls and found out Bedford Park(IL, near the Midaway airport) has 7 of them. Went there this noon and bought two 15Z! They have 5 left, plus a display one. Call first before you go.

Bedford Park (34.78 mi.)
7300 S. Cicero Ave
Bedford Park IL 60629-5817
(708) 552-9010

Has anyone seen this in any of the Boston area stores?

salwana said:   

I totally forgot about that until just now, LOL. I will lighten up a little here, it's a good deal if it can be found.

bargainron said:   Any in the dallas, tx area?

No, if you use the inventory search. Only "r".

polishdreamer said:   I totally forgot about that until just now, LOL. I will lighten up a little here, it's a good deal if it can be found.Haha. Nice. I still have a couple of De11 Axim x50's from back in the day that I got for half off... unopened. I hope I can get at least a hundred for 'em.

After checking e8ay, looks like the range is $20 to $70. /cry

If I had the time and of my Costcos had inventory, I'd be flippin' this 15z, for sure. Grats to the people that have them in their area.

None in GA or PA area.

It looks like most were in the warehouses in the middle of the country.

Strange a substitute in one zone or part of of one rather than the "available "r's" spread out. Perhaps a D--l delivery mistake?

Curiosity wants to know the story

I purchased one last week at the Independence MO store, it does have the 1080p screen installed. When I called they had 8, by the time I got there only 2 were left.
$699 plus tax out the door.

Bought one (15z) in Kansas City, MO. It is Dual Core i7, 1080P, MS Office starter only, lighted keyboard, 2M video, 8G memory, 1Tb 5400 drive. All and all -- really good laptop. I have been looking for a laptop for a while. Some reviews compare this to a MacBook Pro. Most state that the Mac is a little better however, value goes to this machine. I want a great product at a great price -- this 15z fits the bill...

Something to remember on laptops is that they are maximized for battery life. Sometimes performace and battery life need to be balanced. This also fits this bill.

With a fried bought last 2 last Wednesday at their Clearwater Fl location. One is already bid for 1010 on eBay, I will keep the other one. Very nice machine.

Great find. Thank you.

this is not available in northeast, just found that in the store.

futurer said:   None in GA or PA area.
Wow, you must drive very fast

I picked up one in Nanuet, NY today. They have plenty in stock. My Costco in Hackensaak, NJ had only display one.
Just make sure that we all talking about the same model - ti is Inpiron 15R.

Sorry, it's XPS 15z, not Inspiron 15R. Inspiron 15R costs about $7-800, whereas XPS costs 1200-1300 regularly. I went to Costco Hackensack multiple times, but 15z was never there.

Got the last one in Bedford Park, IL. Thanks ytppx and TheWall. It's a great computer.

If you have an .edu email, it seems you can get the laptop (with slightly less spec with 6gb memory & 500gb hd) for $799 + free xbox.
xbox on craigslist is being sold for around 120-150, so makes it about the same price.

microsoftstore

This model is not even available in the whole south east region. Does anybody have it from the south east region?

My dad is looking to get a new laptop or desktop because his old one is overtaken by a ridiculous amount of viruses.
But at the same time, I've always been slightly skeptical towards the electronics that costco sells. Does anyone own this laptop? If so, would you recommend it, or should I go for something a bit more reliable? Thanks!

kyungjpark said:   If you have an .edu email, it seems you can get the laptop (with slightly less spec with 6gb memory & 500gb hd) for $799 + free xbox.
xbox on craigslist is being sold for around 120-150, so makes it about the same price.

microsoftstore

This is OOS (out of stock). Any ideas if Microsoft retail stores have the same deal?

jackfujimori said:   My dad is looking to get a new laptop or desktop because his old one is overtaken by a ridiculous amount of viruses.
But at the same time, I've always been slightly skeptical towards the electronics that costco sells. Does anyone own this laptop? If so, would you recommend it, or should I go for something a bit more reliable? Thanks!

Dude, you don't need to get a new computer because of viruses. Just do a fresh install of Windows. Anyhow, this laptop is ridiculously good for the money. If you see it at this price, do NOT hesitate to buy it. You can thank me later.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014