• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Once again, walking through my local Costco and saw another astounding laptop on sale.

YMMV because I think this price point is probably because there is a supply issue with 15R rather than Dell dropping the price on this awesome laptop. The only beef I have is the 5400 rpm HDD. I'd replace that with an SSD and this would be as good as anything else out there. I've used this one before and it chugs along decently OOTB. If you can replace it with an SSD, this will be blazing fast.

Specs:
Intel Core-i7 2640M 2.80 GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB 5400rpm HDD, Dual graphics - Intel HD-3000 + 2GB NVIDIA GeoForce GT 525M, Super Drive (DVD-RW), 15.6 HD 720p display, 1.3MP webcam with integrated mic. 2-year manufacturer warranty.

Online link for reference only: Costco Online

Online indicates Office 2010 is included. That would be a huge bonus if it does.

Member Summary

Dell XPS 15z
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
And dont forget, if you bought this, it qualifies you for $15 Windows 8 whenever it comes out. You dont have to install ... (more)

TheWalL (Jul. 15, 2012 @ 12:04p) |

side question, does anyone know if you buy a refurbished computer, do u still qualify for the Windows 8 promotion?
thanks... (more)

prince2100 (Jul. 15, 2012 @ 1:16p) |

You are correct. I was really hoping on buying the XPS but I guess I lucked out "/ oh well

rgibanez (Jul. 27, 2012 @ 10:17p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

is this nationwide?

That is a great price. What store did you see it in? Did you happen to take a picture of the tag or have a receipt?

I wonder if this was a return or something? I've tried calling a few Costco's and they say it's an online-only item. That's a great price for a 15z. The specs online say it has a 7200RPM drive.

What Costco location?

I just looked in my coupon book for Costco (6/14 to 7/8) and they have $180 off a Dell Inspiron 15.6 Intel Core i7, 8GB of RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 1GB Discrete Graphics Card Item 657941. Costco Concierge Service technical support and second-year warranty.
Warehouse Price $879.00
Instant Savings -180.00
YOUR COST $699.99 It does say NO COUPON NECESSARY. It has no additional information listed.

I tried to find it online but I could not. I may head out to Costco tomorrow and check it out.

Kcitsme said:   I just looked in my coupon book for Costco (6/14 to 7/8) and they have $180 off a Dell Inspiron 15.6 Intel Core i7, 8GB of RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 1GB Discrete Graphics Card Item 657941. Costco Concierge Service technical support and second-year warranty.
Warehouse Price $879.00
Instant Savings -180.00
YOUR COST $699.99 It does say NO COUPON NECESSARY. It has no additional information listed.

I tried to find it online but I could not. I may head out to Costco tomorrow and check it out.

Coupon item description at least slightly differently than OP's description, e.g. memory on NVIDIA.

horizon6 said:   Kcitsme said:   I just looked in my coupon book for Costco (6/14 to 7/8) and they have $180 off a Dell Inspiron 15.6 Intel Core i7, 8GB of RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 1GB Discrete Graphics Card Item 657941. Costco Concierge Service technical support and second-year warranty.
Warehouse Price $879.00
Instant Savings -180.00

Coupon item description at least slightly differently than OP's description, e.g. memory on NVIDIA.

I may have quoted the 2GB on NVIDIA from the 15Z I had used. My local Costco (Naperville IL) doesnt have that Inspiron 15R in stock and is substituting with the 15Z instead.

TheWalL said:   horizon6 said:   Kcitsme said:   I just looked in my coupon book for Costco (6/14 to 7/8) and they have $180 off a Dell Inspiron 15.6 Intel Core i7, 8GB of RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 1GB Discrete Graphics Card Item 657941. Costco Concierge Service technical support and second-year warranty.
Warehouse Price $879.00
Instant Savings -180.00

I may have quoted the 2GB on NVIDIA from the 15Z I had used. My local Costco (Naperville IL) doesnt have that Inspiron 15R in stock and is substituting with the 15Z instead.

Wonder if this is the beginning of price transition from Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge chips?

Too bad they didn't equip these with the higher res screen. That's the most worthwhile upgrade from the base config.

TheWalL said:   horizon6 said:   Kcitsme said:   I just looked in my coupon book for Costco (6/14 to 7/8) and they have $180 off a Dell Inspiron 15.6 Intel Core i7, 8GB of RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 1GB Discrete Graphics Card Item 657941. Costco Concierge Service technical support and second-year warranty.
Warehouse Price $879.00
Instant Savings -180.00

That's a huge YMMV, I mean it's a one off deal & not really attainable normally.

horizon6 said:   Kcitsme said:   I just looked in my coupon book for Costco (6/14 to 7/8) and they have $180 off a Dell Inspiron 15.6 Intel Core i7, 8GB of RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 1GB Discrete Graphics Card Item 657941. Costco Concierge Service technical support and second-year warranty.
Warehouse Price $879.00
Instant Savings -180.00

It's because the OP got a once in a lifetime opportunity that will not be repeated again, he might as well found a wallet with $500 in it & posted it on here.

I also would like to call BS until I see a scanned receipt of what was purchased, until then I consider this a Deal Discussion. I'm going to call the Naperville store later today & see if they have stock of this computer, I'd expect a rain-check offer & not a much better computer. WHy anyone would do this is not normal, so it's not real.

Please scan the receipt & let's see what you purchased, until then it's not real.

I didnt claim to have bought it...did I? The store opened at 10.30am...have you called yet? I post what I see when I'm in a store and think its a deal. I know this laptop is worth twice that price. Thats why the YMMV in the title. I'd much rather let the community independently verify the deal but if you're inclined to cross check, I see similar deal posted on other deal sites.

TheWalL said:   I didnt claim to have bought it...did I? The store opened at 10.30am...have you called yet? I post what I see when I'm in a store and think its a deal. I know this laptop is worth twice that price. Thats why the YMMV in the title. I'd much rather let the community independently verify the deal but if you're inclined to cross check, I see similar deal posted on other deal sites.

You posted the deal. Nobody should give you a hard time for posting what you saw.

Rob

TheWalL said:   I didnt claim to have bought it...did I? The store opened at 10.30am...have you called yet? I post what I see when I'm in a store and think its a deal. I know this laptop is worth twice that price. Thats why the YMMV in the title. I'd much rather let the community independently verify the deal but if you're inclined to cross check, I see similar deal posted on other deal sites.

I found a winning lottery ticket, walked by it but didn't cash it. It's hot so I posted it, so what's the problem??

No one can repeat a half price deal at Costco that is supposedly available. I did call my local store, the manager told me I'm insane to even think this would fly so what does that say about this whole fantasy idea?

robertw477 said:   TheWalL said:   I didnt claim to have bought it...did I? The store opened at 10.30am...have you called yet? I post what I see when I'm in a store and think its a deal. I know this laptop is worth twice that price. Thats why the YMMV in the title. I'd much rather let the community independently verify the deal but if you're inclined to cross check, I see similar deal posted on other deal sites.

You posted the deal. Nobody should give you a hard time for posting what you saw.

Rob

Dude, a half off deal at Costco because their out of stock is fantasyland. Even posting it here is just completely off the wall, this is just not real.

I am at Costco. no 15z in sight. 15r is available for 699 after 180 instant rebate

polishdreamer said:   TheWalL said:   I didnt claim to have bought it...did I? The store opened at 10.30am...have you called yet? I post what I see when I'm in a store and think its a deal. I know this laptop is worth twice that price. Thats why the YMMV in the title. I'd much rather let the community independently verify the deal but if you're inclined to cross check, I see similar deal posted on other deal sites.

I found a winning lottery ticket, walked by it but didn't cash it. It's hot so I posted it, so what's the problem??

No one can repeat a half price deal at Costco that is supposedly available. I did call my local store, the manager told me I'm insane to even think this would fly so what does that say about this whole fantasy idea?

Wow, lay off the 'roids polishdreamer. Why so hostile? He did put YMMV in the title. And we all know the variances of a YMMV deal before we click on it.

That said, it would be nice to see a pic of the sign or display laptop, or both.

I have the 15z, been using it for a year now. Best laptop I've ever had. Great speakers, solid vid card (I've played Diablo 3, various modern FPS's, Mass Effect 3, etc. on it - and they all ran fine. I have and i5, not the i7. I also have the 1gb vid card, not the 2gb card that is mentioned in the OP's description). Good battery life, about 6-7 hours on battery saver mode, or 1.5 hours of intense gaming. It's very thin, and noticeably light for a 15 notebook. The laptop is easy to pack/unpack for airport security. It's sturdily constructed. I'm on a plane 20 days a month, so it's important to me that my laptop travel well. And once you swap out the HD for an SSD, you'll have a smoking-fast beautiful capable beast.

If you can get it with these specs, at this price, don't hesitate.

What type of store half prices another computer instead of rainchecks for an OOS item?? This also says OTD, so it would have to be around $650 to be real. This is a $1,299 computer, does $650 off for an OOS item sound real?? No receipt, no picture of the tag & half off a sale item for a lame reason = BS. This needs to be in deal discussion, it's unbelievable at every level.

Klingsor said:   polishdreamer said:   TheWalL said:   I didnt claim to have bought it...did I? The store opened at 10.30am...have you called yet? I post what I see when I'm in a store and think its a deal. I know this laptop is worth twice that price. Thats why the YMMV in the title. I'd much rather let the community independently verify the deal but if you're inclined to cross check, I see similar deal posted on other deal sites.

Wow, lay off the 'roids polishdreamer. Why so hostile? He did put YMMV in the title. And we all know the variances of a YMMV deal before we click on it.

That said, it would be nice to see a pic of the sign or display laptop, or both.

I have the 15z, been using it for a year now. Best laptop I've ever had. Great speakers, solid vid card (I've played Diablo 3, various modern FPS's, Mass Effect 3, etc. on it - and they all ran fine. I have and i5, not the i7. I also have the 1gb vid card, not the 2gb card that is mentioned in the OP's description). Good battery life, about 6-7 hours on battery saver mode, or 1.5 hours of intense gaming. It's very thin, and noticeably light for a 15 notebook. The laptop is easy to pack/unpack for airport security. It's sturdily constructed. I'm on a plane 20 days a month, so it's important to me that my laptop travel well. And once you swap out the HD for an SSD, you'll have a smoking-fast beautiful capable beast.

If you can get it with these specs, at this price, don't hesitate.

Photo evidence
Disclaimer
All right whiny little girls. Here you go.

Is this Dell XPS or INSPIRON?
I like to purchase Dell XPS but I didn't find this deal in website, in website it is showing like $1,299.99 After $400 OFF. Where can I get this laptop at this price. Can you please post the link r process.
Thanks in advance.

TheWalL said:   All right whiny little girls. Here you go.

Your link in the original post is to a different computer, this came up with an online search -No Results Were Found For "657962" on the ticket.

WOW, Anyone know if this is in Texas also????

That is a deal no matter how you try and twist it!!!! Your talking about an almost $1400 laptop!!! Run do not walk if you can find this deal!!! Help, I need this deal in Dallas area!!

iam4usri said:   Is this Dell XPS or INSPIRON?
I like to purchase Dell XPS but I didn't find this deal in website, in website it is showing like $1,299.99 After $400 OFF. Where can I get this laptop at this price. Can you please post the link r process.
Thanks in advance.

Its XPS 15z. The top of the laptop got chopped off in the image. The online link is for REFERENCE only. This deal is NOT online.

ETA: In-store display item has Office 2010 installed...but you need to provide activation information (meaning, you may need to buy a license key).

polishdreamer said:   TheWalL said:   All right whiny little girls. Here you go.

Your link in the original post is to a different computer, this came up with an online search -No Results Were Found For "657962" on the ticket.

Do you know how to read? Title clearly says B&M. The OP clearly states online link is for REFERENCE only. If you dont trust the post, move on. Others may find it useful.

You got green from me, I wasn't whining. I think it was Douchey McDougle doing all the whining.

I checked my local Costco in SLC today, no go. It was the 15r for this price. I'd buy a replacement for mine if I were in your city. If anyone's feeling particularly kind, I'd pay for shipping, tax, etc...

Again, thanks OP.

Klingsor said:   You got green from me, I wasn't whining. I think it was Douchey McDougle doing all the whining.

I checked my local Costco in SLC today, no go. It was the 15r for this price. I'd buy a replacement for mine if I were to your city. Again, thanks OP.

I appreciated you defending this thread in your earlier post.

The same with me, just came back from the store.

futurer said:   I am at Costco. no 15z in sight. 15r is available for 699 after 180 instant rebate

magichau said:   The same with me, just came back from the store.

futurer said:   I am at Costco. no 15z in sight. 15r is available for 699 after 180 instant rebate

Yeah, goodluck buying a Z for this. I'm not even defending my position here, there's no receipt & no stock shown of this. Thanks for a tag of a mystery computer that no one else can get, it's a great looking deal that's not been purchased yet. First receipt of a Z purchased here for $649 OTD as this thread says gets my apology,it says $699 + tax for a mystery computer. That be mid $700 here, so where is the OTD price as posted?

Thanks, TheWaIL for photo.

Here are some Costco's that might have this laptop in the store:

Mount Prospect Costco
Mayfield Heights Costco
Kansas City Costco
Louisville Costco
Eden Prairie Costco
Bolingbrook Costco
Strongsville Costco
Toledo Costco
Independence Costco
Lake Zurich Costco

Item number and the item matches on google search.

http://m.costco.com/InTheWarehouse/Detail.aspx?whsNo=344

Seems like a new item at some Costco warehouse.
I don't know what my Costco warehouse number is so can't check for others.

But green for OP for posting!

On the left of OP's pic, it says 15r had mfg issues and offering the upgraded 15z at the same price. But not all Costco seems to offer the samething.

My Costco in Hackensack nj only has 15r instead.

http://m.costco.com/InTheWarehouse/Detail.aspx?whsNo=231

You can check your Costco warehouse number by searching locations on Costco.com and see the warehouse number on your URL.
Good luck hunting

polishdreamer said:   magichau said:   The same with me, just came back from the store.

Yeah, goodluck buying a Z for this. I'm not even defending my position here, there's no receipt & no stock shown of this. Thanks for a tag of a mystery computer that no one else can get, it's a great looking deal that's not been purchased yet. First receipt of a Z purchased here for $649 OTD as this thread says gets my apology,it says $699 + tax for a mystery computer. That be mid $700 here, so where is the OTD price as posted?

Its quite obvious to everyone reading in this thread that you dont get what YMMV means. You have no interest in contributing to this deal so you might as well move along. I dont need this but if someone else wants to buy, they will post a receipt if they feel the urge to satisfy you...but somehow I doubt that will happen for a jerk like you.

I think we've established that there may be reason to question this deal. We can stop going back and forth with aspect of the thread and focus on deal merits now. Thanks.

I looked at one in the Dunwoody, GA store, it was nice. My brother picked one up in SoCAL, not sure which store. He is currently playing Bioshock 2 and Diablo 3 on it.

There is some discussion over on SD whether this is a 720p or 1080p display. From what I can tell by the tag, its definitively a 1080p display. If its indeed a 1080p screen, then this is a bomb. If its a 720p, this is a so-so (but still $200 off) deal IMO.

So, I only live about an hour from the Naperville store of the OP, however I wouldn't be able to head out there until traffic is bad. Definitely considering it. TheWall, do you think there was enough stock that I might be able to score one of these tonight?

I picked one up at Naperville when they opened this morning. I filled out a pick-up slip and they got it from a lock room in the front. So, no idea how many there were.

Skipping 89 Messages...
You are correct. I was really hoping on buying the XPS but I guess I lucked out "/ oh well

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014