Fandango IMAX Tickets $8.99 Way.com

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
This is a great site to order movie tickets. I ordered for prometheus IMAX 3D for just $8.99 in santa clara. I got reply from them instantly with confirmation number. Went to box office and got tickets. It's so cheap at this price for IMAX 3D. Good service as well.

it worked perfectly. Heads up for whoever discovered the site.

Does anyone know if it says "no passes" on Fandango can you still use these?

$10 IMAX in the Bay area. $8 and $9 for the other tickets.

worked for me.. thnks

Worked fine for me at "Block at Orange" here in Orange, CA...great site and great savings specially you're looking for IMAX 3d, reg one costs around $18.50 and here you get for $9.99.

Good site and thanks for the info...

@DelCheapo: yes, you still can use as what you will be getting a real ticket, no pass...they give you at a discounted rate probably because they buy the tickets in bulk from AMC/Edwards and these kind of tickets never expire...I saw a company doing the same thing for the employees to show some appreciation...hope that helps

Just worked for me to see Amazing Spiderman in IMAX 3D in Lincolnshire, IL.

Can I buy tickets in advance? I want to see The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX 3D, but should I buy it the same day or can I buy now?

Couldn't find the Equire IMAX theater in Sacramento, CA; only IMAX theater nearby to me. Any help, or is there nothing I can do?

statix said:   Couldn't find the Equire IMAX theater in Sacramento, CA; only IMAX theater nearby to me. Any help, or is there nothing I can do?

http://www.fandango.com/esquireimaxtheatre_aanjx/theaterpage

Seems like they don't use Fandango or Movietickets.com. If you want to give it a show give a call to way.com and see what they can do. I doubt anything can be done though. It does sound like it may be the only 15/70 IMAX theater around though.

Here is the list for everyone.

http://www.lfexaminer.com/theaUSA.htm

Not sure about this website in its current form...

Placed an order for 2 tickets this morning for a Friday show (specified exact show during ordering process). Got an email confirmation from them which is useless, as it doesn't contain any info on how to actually use what you've bought to get movie tickets. Sent them an email reiterating my movie choice. No reply so called their "customer service" number in the afternoon. A person picked up the line with a "hello." No menu, no naming of the company, etc. It's essentially someone's personal phone (just as way.com seems to be a one man operation/company)...

Talked to the person and explained my problem. They told me to email them my show time request. When I pointed out I had already done that, they said they'd process the tickets immediately. That was 8 hours ago. Still no email or tickets anywhere. Now have to call again tomorrow morning. If that goes nowhere, time for a credit card dispute. Not sure I'd say this hassle is worth saving a few bucks...

Update: Finally received an email containing a confirmation code for Fandango (not an actual Fandango email but a copy of the code) with an apology that they were having technical issues. Now apparently have to get to the movie theater early to convert this to an actual ticket. We'll see how it goes...

Bought tickets and received confirmation the next day. Just seen TDKR @ IMAX for cheaps! thanks again OP!

The service is reliable. I purchased same day movie tickets and received them within 15 minutes via email.

AMAZING
That's all I need to say.

Although I was skeptical at first, I decided if this deal actually works out, my girlfriend and I will save a considerable amount of money over time. On top of my concern of this deal being "too good to be true", the movie we wanted to watch was playing at CinaBistro. If you're not familiar, it's a theater/restaurant experience. Tickets are usually double that of the local AMC and it's reserved seating.

Well, like I said, I decided to give Way.com a try and ordered two tickets at $7.99 apiece for a total of $16.78. The order process has an area labeled Special Instructions where I typed the title of the movie, the show time and the seat numbers, "Premium Rush, 10:05 pm, Seats E7, E8", is exactly what I typed. Note: If you need to reserve seats, simply go on Fandango.com first and follow the order process until you're choosing a seat. You can find out what seats you'd like to reserve from that page then simply cancel the order. If it's close to showtime, I'd probably recommend adding backup seats in case your first ones are taken. I'd probably also ask to keep the seats together if the theater has love-seat style seating.

I completed and submitted the order and immediately received their order confirmation email, it was 8:47 PM. Be sure to read and reply to this email as they need the information to actually book the ticket. You're asked for the movie title, the date of the showing and the time of the showing. In my reply I typed each question and each answer on a new line and used an extra new line to separate the questions in order to avoid confusion. I then added one more question "Seats" with the answer "E7, E8". You might recall I had already requested our seats in the Special Instructions box, however I wanted to be as clear and helpful as possible. After answering the questions I hit send. My official reply time was at 8:52 PM. Believe it or not, I received the official Fandango confirmation from Way.com at 9:02 PM, that was a 10 minute response time!

While reviewing the Fandango confirmation I noticed they even reserved the seats I requested. As an added feel-good bonus, the Fandango confirmation included the purchase details which displayed the ticket pricing. In my case it said:
2 x GENERAL $29.00
Convenience Fee $2.50
Fandango Bucks -$31.50
Total $0.00

Not a bad deal at all! I paid a total of $16.78 for tickets that would have cost me $31.50. So Way.com ended up saving me $14.72 which, at this place, was probably the cost of tipping our waitress for dinner service (worth it) but that doesn't change what a great deal we received on our movie tickets!

Looking back, I realize it took me a little while to actually come across this deal and then some time reading about it and finally time to make the decision of using it. If you're reading this than you've already found the deal, why not save your time and money and order the tickets already!

Thank you Way.com,

Zac Boyles

Is this deal still working?

Thanks

taf

I assume they are still in business as they have posted recently to their Facebook page. Might try them out in the near future.

Tried their service out on Sunday but they ended up having to issue me a refund because their movie theater search page is not accurate. They currently only support Fandango-ticketable theaters but their site shows every dang theater under the sun (including, if I'm not mistaken, some theaters in my area that closed several years ago). Their site allowed me to select and pay for tickets to a Showcase Cinemas, which is only ticketable via MovieTickets.com. On top of that I didn't hear back from them within their 15-20 standard turnaround time and I had to initiate a chat myself to find out what was going on. They failed to recognize the problem right away but, once they did, they issued a refund right then and there. They told me they are working on adding MovieTickets.com-ticketable theaters to their service.

If you decide to use them, check Fandango first to make sure you only request a Fandango-ticketable theater.

not working for me. it's $12 for my local IMAX.

Worked for me twice

FWIW, in parts of the country where IMAX tickets are less expensive than in places like NYC, the General Mills deal is cheaper. IMAX tickets here are $13.50 at night, $11.50 matinee. And the specially marked boxes of GM cereal are still on the shelves in my area. If you get a good deal on the cereal, then with those IMAX prices it is ~$4 for a matinee or ~$5.50 at night, plus you've got two boxes of cereal.

Just back from the theater in NJ. Family made a program to go and watch "Life of Pi - 3D" on the spur of moment. I was looking at spending almost $130 and quickly searched at FW (Thanks you FW again!) to find this site.

Great response and worked well.
I got a call to confirm the order and the exact showtime. Email with e-ticket attachment was on my mobile within 30 minutes after that.

I got some Fandango codes on eBay, which are from schick. What you're supposed to do is go to the rewards site and enter two codes, then they say they'll email a Fandango code. Well, its been nearly two weeks and the only code out of four is the one the seller did, since I told him that two were invalid, but it worked for him. I emailed schick twice, but no response.

qcumber98 said:   is iMax made by Apple?

Ye it's shiny, white, made in China and waay overpriced.

I can buy tix for same price at Costco - $16 for two regular tickets at Edwards or UltraStar Cinemas. Hence each one comes out to be $8/ticket. (Same as Way.com for theaters in my Area).

Edward offers IMAX upgrade for $5/ticket, which comes to be $8 + $5 = 12/ticket for IMAX (Same as Way.com for theaters in my Area).

scored some hobbit tickets at $12 per ticket. I hope it works.

exclusivelysid said:   I can buy tix for same price at Costco - $16 for two regular tickets at Edwards or UltraStar Cinemas. Hence each one comes out to be $8/ticket. (Same as Way.com for theaters in my Area).

Edward offers IMAX upgrade for $5/ticket, which comes to be $8 + $5 = 12/ticket for IMAX (Same as Way.com for theaters in my Area).

$8 + $5 = $13

Stay away from this guys. A non-working contact phone number is a definite red flag for me.

Contact Us

Way.com Inc.
830 Stewart Dr
Ste 212
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
USA

Customer Service: 408-598-3308
Fax: 888-781-8138

I called that number and it worked fine for me. I spoke to their customer service and they said they were having trouble with some vonayge numbers not getting through for some reason. They're working on ironing out the issue.

Tried 4 different ones in the Seattle area and they are ALL 11.99 for IMAX/3D.

Damn, 3d is 13.50 and the closest Imax is the fake one, which is $15. Not worth the 30 minute drive.

Thanks, saved $15 on two Imax tickets for the midnight Hobbit showing.

Apparently it still works. I was about to buy tickets form Hobbit 3d IMAX on the Regal Cinema website which was going to end up costing $40 at $18 per ticket plus $4 convenience fee ($2 per ticket). Went to Way.com and ordered the two tickets for only $27. That's $13 I saved using this site. That's big money. I haven't received the tickets via email yet, but once I get them and go see the show, I'll come back and tell you if it all went smoothly. If it does, I will be back to that site for future tickets. I'm still apprehensive.

Funkatopia said:   Apparently it still works. I was about to buy tickets form Hobbit 3d IMAX on the Regal Cinema website which was going to end up costing $40 at $18 per ticket plus $4 convenience fee ($2 per ticket). Went to Way.com and ordered the two tickets for only $27. That's $13 I saved using this site. That's big money. I haven't received the tickets via email yet, but once I get them and go see the show, I'll come back and tell you if it all went smoothly. If it does, I will be back to that site for future tickets. I'm still apprehensive.

Don't be. Just used them recently for Skyfall Imax, got a Fandango.com confirmation email soon after I purchased them, saw the movie without any problems. I saved ~$25 ($38 instead of $63 or so). FYI - it seems that all tickets (not just Imax) are cheaper, I'll continue to use this as long as it works.

Just got the tickets. Psyched!

they screwed up on my order and would not give a refund. I wouldnt use them again.

Thanks OP! Read feedback here, used one of my credit cards (in case it is a fraud). Will post back what will happen. Keeping fingers crossed.

10 minutes after the purchase they emailed me and said that they will be sending the tickets by the end of the day

Strange. The 2 times I've used it, they've sent me the Fandango confirmation within an hour. Already saved $40. Thanks OP!

Never heard of this site... Anyone used a movie ticket from here before?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.