Error

The message you are trying to link to is not in this topic.

Fandango IMAX Tickets $8.99 Way.com

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
On way.com they have Fandango IMAX tickets for $8.99, regular tickets for $7.49, and 3d for $8.49. To me the only one really worth it is the IMAX because it's like $20 a ticket here in NY. The website is a little difficult to navigate, but I ordered and they delivered.

http://www.way.com/play/activity_searchresult.php?movie=1

Member Summary

fandango
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

movie night
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Actually tried it earlier, I asked if it still worked as I wasn't getting my ticket for an hour or so and they had 0 onl... (more)

HibikiRush (Apr. 14, 2013 @ 11:43p) |

$8.99 would have been a great deal on IMAX 3D, as a ticket in Atlanta runs $18.25. Looks like they raised the prices to... (more)

Mulox (May. 11, 2013 @ 11:28a) |

Thanks, OP. Regular tickets come out right around the Costco price of about $8 each, but the benefit is I got a reserved... (more)

HighTechnology (May. 25, 2013 @ 3:22p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Dark Knight Rises in the IMAX. Check

lol'd at iMax

jd2010 said:   lol'd at iMax

lol, just fixed that!

How does the ticketing work? Do they give you a voucher to redeem at the theater or do you have to pick the movie and show time now?

They give you a printable e-ticket.

Delivery Methods: Electronic Ticket

Is it good for any future show, or are you picking the date and time now?

davidjdewey said:   Is it good for any future show, or are you picking the date and time now?

I'm pretty sure you have to order it now and they send you an e-ticket. They don't send you a Fandango code or anything like that, although you can call and ask.

davidjdewey said:   Is it good for any future show, or are you picking the date and time now?

Got an email from them and in the special instructions when you are checking out you need to put:
Movie Title
Movie Date
Movie Time

They only work at a specific movie theater

NM

badrobot said:   Totally regional. There's nothing for this in NY, for example.

Like I said, the website sucks ass, but they do any Fandango ticketing theater.

After you click on the link, enter your city, you might have to enter it a few times, but it definitely works.

Here would be a direct link

http://www.way.com/play/activity_searchresult.php?description=new%20york,%20ny

is iMax made by Apple?

Their list even includes movies theaters that are out of business. Do we trust this site?!

binutg said:   I bought it twice. The guys pretty responsive. May be because its a startupYou bought twice - so the tickets are really tied to a certain theater on a certain date? But what about the specific movie (which is shown at specific times)? How can you be sure what time it is going to be showing next week? Or in two weeks?

Marc

Ugly. I searched for theaters near Philadelphia, and those with IMAX list higher prices for the IMAX tickets. Yes, they're still discounted, but they are NOT $7.49 for any theater as this company's web site says. Also, I checked the local theater: the current feature is $18 for IMAX tickets ($15 for kids), but this way.com site claims the IMAX ticket price at the theater is $30. Net savings is still half price for an adult ticket, but not, as advertised, nearly 70% off. I'll pass, until these clowns get their site working right... OP, this is might be a good find IF you are committed to a specific show with a higher-price admission fee, presuming the theater honors the ticket you bought from way.com for $8.99.

Is this a reliable site?

Never heard of this site before and ticket prices (IMAX-3D) are too good to be true.

Whoever built that site should be taken out back and shot.

How long does it take to receive the electronic ticket once I purchase from way.com?

Funny how there are so many new members for whom the site "worked" .

So after you purchase the tickets, way.com emails you and asks you for the movie Title, Date and Showtimes and waits for you to reply email in which they said they'll send you a Fandango email with the tickets. Just waiting on that last part.

vectorz said:   So after you purchase the tickets, way.com emails you and asks you for the movie Title, Date and Showtimes and waits for you to reply email in which they said they'll send you a Fandango email with the tickets. Just waiting on that last part.

my local theater does not offer online ticketing by Fandango, yet it's still listed on this way website, and I wonder how the way people would pull this off.

WebNomad, I doubt it will work in your case. I got a timely reply to my first email submission and they said I will receive my tickets in the next hour.

I just got back from watching Brave 3D. I bought the tickets on Thursday and received an email to pick a Movie, place and time. Today, Saturday, I requested a 4PM showing and 12:37PM and received my confirmation at 1:37PM. I did notice on my receipt rewards where being counted but it was not my account.

I was a little dubious but bought tickets tonight for Prometheus (Imax 3D) and it worked as described. Hope they're still doing this for the Dark Knight next month.

great service from Way.com. I bought two tickets for prometheus 3D 1 hour before the show time. Way.com CS told me it was too close. However, 10 min later they sent me two iMAX tickets for a slightly later show even I only paid for 3D not iMAX.

I placed 2 orders. One order for Spider-Man IMAX 3D on July 4th and one order for Dark Knight Rises IMAX 3D on July 27th. Order for Spider-Man was confirmed same day. Dark Knight Rises was not available on July 27th, so they countered with July 26th.

Fandango confirmation number received. I will provide final confirmation on the day of the showing. So far, the customer service has been very responsive.

nevermind

well i bought 2 tickets for spiderman in imax 3d at about 4pm today and all i received was an email saying thanks for your purchase etc. Im still waiting for my actual e-ticket. I hope this site is legit.

Never heard about the brand.

for those that claim it works.. how long did it take you to receive the actual e-ticket? (not the confirmation email)

1-3 hours

well its almost 24 hours later and all i received was the initial confirmation email. I tried calling them 5mins ago, and it rang about 25x before going to voicemail.. my movie that i ordered is on friday night.. i really hope this is not some kind of scam. Other potential buyers beware.

I did not receive an eticket just a Fandango confirmation number. I printed that email with the number and brought it to the theater and they gave me my ticket.

Just to follow up, I just received my Fandango confirmation # (24hrs later) and I will print it out and see if it works on friday. I will keep everyone posted.

The link doesn't seem to work any longer. Was it only 4th of July offer?

mysteryAgain said:   The link doesn't seem to work any longer. Was it only 4th of July offer?

The direct link doesn't work. Clicking on it takes you to the homepage, but you can just choose movies, and enter your city. Call them up or email if you have any issues with them.

Worked great for me but took a few hours to complete the process so if you plan ahead its a great deal. Only con.. Worst website ever.

Just received my confirmation for a movie today. Told them the exact seats I wanted from a Cinema Suites theater and they got my first choice. So far seems great we will see if there are any problems at the theater. Was emailed a Fandango confirmation code, ordered last night at about 10:30pm

Skipping 48 Messages...
Thanks, OP. Regular tickets come out right around the Costco price of about $8 each, but the benefit is I got a reserved ticket without having to make a trip to the theater well before the movie starts. Two tickets @7.99 each + 5% convenience fee for a total of $16.79.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014