• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
www.bestbuy.com

srt 6/24

HP model M6-10350X with 640gb HD/6 GB ram/Quad Core A10 processor and BEATS Audio $599.99 while supplies last
sku 5608338

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lenovo $299.99 AMD Dual Core model 8575-1450ACU sku 5272499

320gb/4gb ram 15.6"

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Lenovo 8575-1450ACU
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Although I don't like HP laptops for their quality, the HP model is using the new Trinity chip from AMD (based on processor numbering) and that is definitely a good price for it.

The Lenovo laptop is using one of the E-series Brazos processors and is going to have very sluggish performance. For $299, it may be a good deal for basic browsing, word processing etc.

netadmin said:   Although I don't like HP laptops for their quality, the HP model is using the new Trinity chip from AMD (based on processor numbering) and that is definitely a good price for it.

The Lenovo laptop is using one of the E-series Brazos processors and is going to have very sluggish performance. For $299, it may be a good deal for basic browsing, word processing etc.

right, I try to post the sub $300 lappy for people on limited budgets or as you say, those who need a laptop to travel/check emails basic web browsing/grandma use, etc.

PS

the HP in the OP is 3.0 USB enabled.

5608338 sku returns nothing in search

importcf said:   5608338 sku returns nothing in search

IS TODAY JUNE 24TH?

Not a bad deal MC, thanks. (Green).

polishdreamer said:   Not a bad deal MC, thanks. (Green).

yeah, the HP looks like a bad ass laptop from what I can tell. wish I could get all the specs listed, but hopefully they'll be up in the AM.

obviously not! that doesn't mean they dont sell the product at regular price.

importcf said:   obviously not! that doesn't mean they dont sell the product at regular price.

in this case it does, if an SKU doesn't come up prior the sell date at BB, it's not yet on the website.

Model # matches all but one letter and the SKU from OP is listed as the part number, so I wouldn't be surprised if these are the specs of the Lenovo $299:

http://shop.amd.com/us/All/Detail/Notebook/ecx-Bes-US-5272499?Se...

RE:
The allegedly sluggish Lenovo.....

Would a rocket scientist buy a $300 laptop?
Do we have one of them here?

lol agreeded yesidonoitall, i myself always need a CHEAP laptop whenever mine goes out- good deals so far! green

I am pissed right now
RE:Fox26 Medford:
TV guide says Two and Half Men....
Some damn baseball game is on....

yesidonoitall said:   RE:
The allegedly sluggish Lenovo.....

Would a rocket scientist buy a $300 laptop?
Do we have one of them here?

Rocket scientists or laptops?

Yes, I actually am a rocket scientist. Yes, I would buy a $300 laptop, not for work necessarily, but for my kids. I may be a rocket scientist, but I am also cheap!

For the non rocket people today BB has
a Toshiba for $269.99
Toshiba 15.6"1 Satellite Laptop with 2GB DDR3 Memory and 320GB Hard Drive

The Lenovo is perfect for grandma use as you said. Just bought two of them - my mother and her live-in older friend can't agree on sharing their 8 3/4 year old desktop, which is also perfectly adequate for their use. Her friend visits every sweepstakes site in the world, so I want her off that PC anyway. They bought identical laptops which I will configure at the same time. If you delete all the loaded stuff and put on just what they need, it should work just fine.

I

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014