• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Not sure if this is an error or what, but I picked this up last night. The local Lowes said that it costs them $539, so I can assume they weren't happy about selling it to me at that price. They still had it marked at $599.

Here's the link-

http://www.lowes.com/pd_362071-46-WDT710PAYM_4294857925%2B429481...

Add to cart to see price. There's free local delivery or in store pick up. Sale ends the 26th.

Lowe's
See Lowe's discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Whirlpool Stainless Dishwasher
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This model is not listed on either site. It does not have teh fire issue.

defjukie (Jul. 15, 2012 @ 11:18p) |

not being listed doesn't guarantee it doesn't. it just means no one has reported having an issue with this model to the ... (more)

blankblank (Jul. 16, 2012 @ 5:56a) |

Stainless steel finish and plastic tub... They got the priorities are wrong on this one.

Zuke76 (Jul. 16, 2012 @ 7:32a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Just a note- cheapest I found it for was $536 on Amazon.

Did you use it yet? Quiet?

i was able to use a link through another coupon site (don't remember which one finally worked, just googled coupon/code Lowes) but i believe it was for 10% off appliances over $299. got the price down to 363.69 before taxes. good luck & thanks for the deal.

titewad said:   Did you use it yet? Quiet?

We're in the middle of remodeling our kitchen, so it will be a few weeks before we're able to use it. Reviews online indicate it's pretty quiet, but take it with a grain of salt.

ezletzpla said:   i was able to use a link through another coupon site (don't remember which one finally worked, just googled coupon/code Lowes) but i believe it was for 10% off appliances over $299. got the price down to 363.69 before taxes. good luck & thanks for the deal.

Yep. You can also go to your local post office and get a 10% off coupon with a moving packet.

I have this model, it is very quiet and works well.

Thanks for this deal, just what we were looking for. Used the Lowes cc for 5% at checkout and a 2.5% rebate for clicking through another site. Now, on to the mail in rebates from our utility company.

My advice is not to buy this. Bought a very similar Whirlpool dishwasher for my sis, a Consumer Report's Best Buy, a little over 2 years ago. Three weeks ago, it no longer worked. Digital panel is shot, but after seeing a local news report, she considers herself very fortunate. Whirlpool has a tremendous problem with some of their dishwashers catching fire and it all originates from the control panel on the door. One of my sister's local news stations had a story on it as one of their anchors had his catch fire. Apparently, Whirlpool is aware of the problem, but refuses to issue a recall or provide any compensation to those whose d/washers have burnt up. I am so happy my sister's just shorted out and did not catch fire.

EDIT: It appears there are several class action lawsuits forming. Below, please find a link to the anchor's story.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=whirlpool%20dishwasher%20...

Thanks Original Poster! My wife has been complaining about our dishwasher, so I am going to get this one and hopefully she will be happy with this new one.

ezletzpla said:   i was able to use a link through another coupon site (don't remember which one finally worked, just googled coupon/code Lowes) but i believe it was for 10% off appliances over $299. got the price down to 363.69 before taxes. good luck & thanks for the deal.

The current price is after 10% off appliances over $299. Are you sure you can stack two 10% coupon? I tried several times but the price remained $404.10.

470993431210771 code = 10% off. seems to work when i just enered it again. still shows 404$ in the upper corner cart....only shows discount when i click on the cart to see items.

ezletzpla said:   470993431210771 code = 10% off. seems to work when i just enered it again. still shows 404$ in the upper corner cart....only shows discount when i click on the cart to see items.

that code worked

$404.10
Was $449.00
(Save 10% thru 06/26/2012 )
$404.10

Subtotal $404.10
Promotional Code :
Remove
-$40.41

Estimated Sales Tax $35.46

Estimated Total $399.15

Dont forget 2% FW CashBack and + www.CardPool.com GC for 7.2% off

If you can't get the coupon to work. Best buy has it for $399. Show it to Lowe's, they'll beat it by 10 percent. Also, Best buy has installation for $20. I don't know if Lowe's is offering Free install after $399. They used to.

Best Buy

Thanks OP! Green 4 u. I've been looking for a dishwasher for a while now. Assuming it does not burst into flames in the next few years, this is a great deal.

I always got the message "The promotional code has already been redeemed on Lowes.com." when I tried to redeem it.

mrlemm said:   ezletzpla said:   470993431210771 code = 10% off. seems to work when i just enered it again. still shows 404$ in the upper corner cart....only shows discount when i click on the cart to see items.

that code worked

$404.10
Was $449.00
$404.10

Subtotal $404.10
Promotional Code :
Remove
-$40.41

Estimated Total $399.15

Lowe's can only price match local stores. Not sure whether BB has it for $399 in store.

bargainhunter3 said:   If you can't get the coupon to work. Best buy has it for $399. Show it to Lowe's, they'll beat it by 10 percent. Also, Best buy has installation for $20. I don't know if Lowe's is offering Free install after $399. They used to.

Best Buy

ezletzpla said:   470993431210771 code = 10% off. seems to work when i just enered it again. still shows 404$ in the upper corner cart....only shows discount when i click on the cart to see items.

Code worked fine for me. Definitely worth green.

Green for OP too.

Considering when I priced the replacement of the upper and lower baskets for my dishwasher, I was looking at $250+ (and that was without changing any of the related hardware such as clips, wheels, etc..). Considering how easy it is to swap out an existing dishwasher, Definitely worth the extra $100 to get a new one.

THanks.

$404.10
-$40.41
Truck Delivery
$65.00
Free Lowes Truck Delivery
-$65.00
Sales Tax
$25.46

Total
$389.15

Thanks OP. I was in the market for a dish washer. This sounds perfect. I am going to take a stab and installing it myself. Wish me luck

gatzdon said:   ezletzpla said:   470993431210771 code = 10% off. seems to work when i just enered it again. still shows 404$ in the upper corner cart....only shows discount when i click on the cart to see items.

Code worked fine for me. Definitely worth green.

Green for OP too.

Considering when I priced the replacement of the upper and lower baskets for my dishwasher, I was looking at $250+ (and that was without changing any of the related hardware such as clips, wheels, etc..). Considering how easy it is to swap out an existing dishwasher, Definitely worth the extra $100 to get a new one.

THanks.

Code is not working for me. Has anyone found another code that is working for them?

johnbullus said:   Lowe's can only price match local stores. Not sure whether BB has it for $399 in store.

bargainhunter3 said:   If you can't get the coupon to work. Best buy has it for $399. Show it to Lowe's, they'll beat it by 10 percent. Also, Best buy has installation for $20. I don't know if Lowe's is offering Free install after $399. They used to.

Best Buy

Anytime I've had Lowe's price match, they went to their website, did not call the store. probably should've put YMMV

BTW,
Picked this up today. MAKE SURE that you purchase the adapter ($4) that this model needs for the water line where it enters the bottom of the unit, as it DOES NOT come with it. It's a brass adapter, 90 degree, with a large female on the side going into the washer, and a smaller male side that the water line goes on to.

I had to make a trip back to the store to get this, as it was different from the one on my old dishwasher.

Do you have a model/item number or link for that part? I'm just thinking that might help other FWer's if they have to get that part too.

wfwilloughby said:   BTW,
Picked this up today. MAKE SURE that you purchase the adapter ($4) that this model needs for the water line where it enters the bottom of the unit, as it DOES NOT come with it. It's a brass adapter, 90 degree, with a large female on the side going into the washer, and a smaller male side that the water line goes on to.

I had to make a trip back to the store to get this, as it was different from the one on my old dishwasher.

Just called Lowes of Orangeburg, NY. Installation would be $200 buy a "professional Plumber". I was shocked. Isn't that a little steep?

Dupe

nemec4 said:   Just called Lowes of Orangeburg, NY. Installation would be $200 buy a "professional Plumber". I was shocked. Isn't that a little steep?

That sounds pretty expensive. Have you googled "install dishwasher" and looked at some of the youtube videos, it looks relatively easy. Maybe ask a handy friend to help.

I bought this a few weeks ago from Lowes. Works quite well, installed it myself. All the lines were already run since I had a dishwasher there already it was replacing. Pretty quiet, cleans well, and the price is great.

Looks like installation video for the same washer.

Installation Video

I have this dishwasher and installed it myself. I bought mine at Se@rs and the salesperson sold me the right adapters. I was replacing a 15 year old dishwasher. I really like this unit, it's VERY quiet and does a good job on dishes. Compared to my old elite K@nmore, it was a lot more capacity. I couldn't be happier with thi unit.

It comes with pretty detailed instructions, but I also used videos for my install. It took me about an hour to install, by the time I did the leveling/straightening and screwed it to my countertop.

NM duplicate

johnbullus said:   I always got the message "The promotional code has already been redeemed on Lowes.com." when I tried to redeem it.

mrlemm said:   ezletzpla said:   470993431210771 code = 10% off. seems to work when i just enered it again. still shows 404$ in the upper corner cart....only shows discount when i click on the cart to see items.

that code worked

$404.10
Was $449.00
$404.10

Subtotal $404.10
Promotional Code :
Remove
-$40.41

Estimated Total $399.15

I got the "code has been redeemed" message also. However when I changed stores, the code was accepted. Once the code had been accepted, I changed back to the original store and it stayed attached to my cart. It was a couple of extra clicks but it saved $40. Thank you!

NM

Thanks, my dishwasher is giving me issues. extra 10% worked for me.

To everyone not having luck with the online code, if you can buy at the store yourself, don't forget moving packets from the post office usually have a 10% off coupon in them from Lowes.

thanks op, extra 10% worked for me. debating getting this one though - stainless steel tub for 200 more

KitchenAid 24-in Built-In Dishwasher (Stainless-Look) ENERGY STAR
Item #: 333414 | Model #: KUDC10FXSS

nemec4 said:   Just called Lowes of Orangeburg, NY. Installation would be $200 buy a "professional Plumber". I was shocked. Isn't that a little steep?

Look at Craigslist. Most plumbers will do it for $60-75

Regarding the "fire from defective circuit board" problem, it does not appear that this dishwasher is one of the dishwashers using that circuit board. In the link mentioned below, the anchor mentions that the nbc17.com website has a list of the models that have had problems reported and this one does not appear in that list:

http://www2.nbc17.com/mgmedia/file/552/kitchenaidfire-models/

skinflinto said:   My advice is not to buy this. Bought a very similar Whirlpool dishwasher for my sis, a Consumer Report's Best Buy, a little over 2 years ago. Three weeks ago, it no longer worked. Digital panel is shot, but after seeing a local news report, she considers herself very fortunate. Whirlpool has a tremendous problem with some of their dishwashers catching fire and it all originates from the control panel on the door. One of my sister's local news stations had a story on it as one of their anchors had his catch fire. Apparently, Whirlpool is aware of the problem, but refuses to issue a recall or provide any compensation to those whose d/washers have burnt up. I am so happy my sister's just shorted out and did not catch fire.

EDIT: It appears there are several class action lawsuits forming. Below, please find a link to the anchor's story.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=whirlpool%20dishwasher%20...

We bought the same dishwasher 6 weeks ago from Lowes. Tonight we talked to the manager and talked him into giving us a credit for the lower price and he agreed.

$150 refund

Thanks OP.

It was delivered by Lowes this week...took me about an hour to install where a previous dishwasher was.... Nworks great so far.
Thanks OP!

Use your Discover card, sign up for shop discover and you'll get 5% Cash Back.

Skipping 11 Messages...
Stainless steel finish and plastic tub... They got the priorities are wrong on this one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014