• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sony Rewards offers the Sony Alpha SLT-A77 24.3-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera bundled with the Sony Alpha 16-50mm Lens, model no. SLT-A77VQ, and 149,999 Sony Rewards Points for $1,499.99 with free shipping. (Not a member? Sony Rewards is free to join.) This translucent mirror camera features a tilt/swivel 3" LCD, 1080p video capture, SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization, 3D sweep panorama image capture, built-in GPS, face detection, HDMI output, USB connectivity, SD/SDHC/Memory Stick PRO Duo compatibility, and more.
LINK

Member Summary

pic
Thanks sartor
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The sale is for 150,000 point, not $1500 and get 150,000.

A77 is Sony's top of the line - body only sells for $1400. This combo nominally sells for $2000(+tax). That said, Sony is very soon coming out with a new kit lens 18-135mm (combo available 7/20 according to SonyStyle.com), so they might be getting rid of these kits. A65 and other A77 combos are also for sale.

***double post***

zklopman said:   The sale is for 150,000 point, not $1500 and get 150,000.

A77 is Sony's top of the line - body only sells for $1400. This combo nominally sells for $2000(+tax). That said, Sony is very soon coming out with a new kit lens 18-135mm (combo available 7/20 according to SonyStyle.com), so they might be getting rid of these kits. A65 and other A77 combos are also for sale.

With the A77, I would rather have the 16-50mm lens since it is a constant F2.8 and is supposed to be one of the sharpest lenses out there. The 18-135mm has a bit more versitile zoom range, but the 16-50mm is generally the better lens.

eajohnst said:   zklopman said:   The sale is for 150,000 point, not $1500 and get 150,000.

With the A77, I would rather have the 16-50mm lens since it is a constant F2.8 and is supposed to be one of the sharpest lenses out there. The 18-135mm has a bit more versitile zoom range, but the 16-50mm is generally the better lens.

a bit more versatile? 18-135 (assuming it will be a decent lens) will be a great all-around lens, from a decent wide angle to a nice tele. Certainly, pros (those using a77 - actually, are there *any* pros using Sony???) will not care much for all-around lens, but the more amateur(using a65 or lower level bodies) would vastly enjoy the much higher tele range in exchange for the slightly less wide and smaller max aperture.

zklopman said:   eajohnst said:   zklopman said:   The sale is for 150,000 point, not $1500 and get 150,000.

a bit more versatile? 18-135 (assuming it will be a decent lens) will be a great all-around lens, from a decent wide angle to a nice tele. Certainly, pros (those using a77 - actually, are there *any* pros using Sony???) will not care much for all-around lens, but the more amateur(using a65 or lower level bodies) would vastly enjoy the much higher tele range in exchange for the slightly less wide and smaller max aperture.

You are wrong and let me tell you why: Sony cameras are compatible with old Minolta glass and there is a ton of it that is very good quality in the mid to telephoto range for very cheap. A serious amateur is the a77 market and if they are shopping for this camera they most likely have it covered already. I'm look to buy an a77 and I already own a 17-50 f/2.8 but I would much rather have a Sony than a Sigma.

There's an extra $200 off if you have a Sony credit card which drops it to $1300 + tax

Gobysmith said:   There's an extra $200 off if you have a Sony credit card which drops it to $1300 + tax

Just pointing out: you don't have to pay for the camera with your Sony VISA to get the discount. You can pay with any credit card; but you have to "register" your Sony VISA at sonyrewards.com to qualify for the extra $200 discount.

Sonyrewards appears to be running a separate VISA promotion as well: register ANY VISA card with the site, and get sonyrewards points (1 point per dollar charged) if you use that card to purchase. Link to promo

It's good camera, with 3d and panorama view.
But I like d3200, especially in low light situation.

Where can I find the offer for the $200 off. I have gone to Sony Visa but can't find it there.

I am getting in on this deal if its still up in a few days. I have $150 in Sony rewards ive built up using my Capital One Sony card for gas, food, etc over the past few months. When I login to sonyrewards.com it shows this camera is 1299.99 with 16-50mm F2.8 lens. Normally this combo sells for $1900+. Though I am planning to sell my A580 and keep the A77, i will miss the low light performance of my A580...

If i miss the deal, then i think i will go for a D3200 too. I just hate the ergonomics of the D3200...

I am looking at my next upgrade camera. I am looking at the A65. Low light capability is one of the features I am going for. The combination of my 1680z and my A300 is terrible response in low light.

gmbot said:   I am looking at my next upgrade camera. I am looking at the A65. Low light capability is one of the features I am going for. The combination of my 1680z and my A300 is terrible response in low light.

I went from the a300 to the a580 and couldn't be happier. I wanted to get the a65 but when I was buying it was delayed and the price of the a580 dropped and its low light performance is very good so I went the traditional dslr route.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014