Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Chase Ultimate Rewards (3.19kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Buy from Chase with whatever reward points you have

You can look on eBay (look for sellers with lots of good feedback) or... (more)

jatan1986 (Nov. 11, 2012 @ 7:16p) |

Lands end is still at 20% and Kohls is still at 10%

cyberl0k (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 1:36p) |

great way to take 20% off a Sears appliance purchase...

psxzombie (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 8:32p) |

copied from thread http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1162773/. It seems there are several better way to redeem Ultimate Rewards.

For holders of premium cards:
1. Sapphire Preferred, Ink Bold, Ink Plus: Transferring points to other travel rewards programs (up to $0.02/pt for United, $0.017/pt for Southwest, etc)
2. Sapphire Preferred: 20% discount for travel redemption

For everyone else:
1. Transfer/sell (YMMV and at your own risk) to holders of premium cards ($0.011-$0.015/pt). Rewards2Cash.com is one example that offers cash for rewards. Practice at your own risk.
2. Discounted gift cards (10%-20%)
3. Redeem for cash (statement credit, deposit to checking, check) at value ($0.01/pt)
  • Also categorized in:

MISTERCHEAP said:   https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marke...

Same with Gap (Can be used Gap, ON or BR)- $50 GC for $40 - Shows up in my chase ultimate rewards

Not seeing "sale" in the GC area to click on.

rolfecms said:   Not seeing "sale" in the GC area to click on.

this may be only for "FREEDOM" cards, not Sapphire.

Thanks for the reminder OP. We get these giftcards and hold on to them for the Lands Ends big clearance sales. The combination of the reduced cost giftcards and sale prices provides for some amazing values.

wasnt it Chase Ultimate rewards that had awesome deals from BB last BF? if yes, i need to save points for that.

Thanks, I was waiting for these to came back. Always 20% off @ Kmart and Sears...love it!

MISTERCHEAP said:   rolfecms said:   Not seeing "sale" in the GC area to click on.

I have Sapphire, so that's the answer.

Thanks op.

If you have both Freedom and Sapphire, you can transfer the points to the Freedom card, and then use the points through the Freedom card's redemption program. I have done this in the past and posted step by step here.

Will chase charge the transaction fee for the reward points transfer between the Freedom and Sapphire cards?

Never have been charged before. It also occurs instantly.

From Ultimate Rewards home, click "Manage Ultimate Rewards" tab on left side. Then click "Combine Points" and it allows to you transfer between accounts.

Kohls cards are 15% off.

Good find. Thank you.

Thnx OP

Chase Sapphire Ultimate Rewards has Kohls gift cards for 10% off. I need to ditch Sapphire and get Freedom.

I keep hoping for something useful but haven't seen any in awhile. Looks like I might just cash some out as have over $400.

Nice deal.

These can only be purchased with points, or is it possible to pay for them (we recently cashed out our Freedom Reward points)? Thanks.

Yes, It was. I got a 40" Samsung LCD with only $270 of points & no tax! Fricken amazing deal.

deshwasi said:   wasnt it Chase Ultimate rewards that had awesome deals from BB last BF? if yes, i need to save points for that.

cool stuff

I got a $50 gift card.

First screen that pops up is a balance transfer. I did the transfer then bought a bunch of lands end cards. I'll use them at Sears for my apartments next time they have a sale for stoves. Extra 20% off on sale items makes a fine deal. My Sears store confirmed the cards work there. THANKS

We have a 5000 square foot catalog store with very little product. stoves, refrigerators, tv.s, lawn mowers and some tools and soap. The nearest lands end is probably 500 miles away and they don't have any lands end products in the store and they tell me you can use Lands end gift cards on anything.

I am being told by my Sears and Kmart that Lands End gift card can only be used on Lands End products....

consumer1 said:   I am being told by my Sears and Kmart that Lands End gift card can only be used on Lands End products....Don't ask them any questions -- just have them ring up the stuff you want to buy and after they tell you the total amount, say "gift card" and hand it to them upside down (most cashiers wont bother looking at the front and they'll just swipe it, if they do say something then just tell them its a regular gift card and it'll work fine if they swipe it)

Website shows you can use it at Sears/Kmart: http://www.landsend.com/pp/popupAllSites.html?copyName=pop_giftc...
Where can I use the Lands’ End® Gift Card?
You can use the plastic Gift Card for purchases at LandsEnd.com, with a phone order, and in Lands’ End®, Sears® and Kmart® retail stores. The E-Gift Card may be used the same as a plastic gift card (please present a printed version for purchases at Lands’ End®, Sears®, and Kmart® retail stores). *Sorry, Lands’ End Gift Cards are not valid at Lands’ End Shops at Sears – Canada.

I dont have a LE GC with me, but read the back of the GC -- it'll probably mention Sears/Kmart on there

I usually redeem my Discover card Cash Back on the Sams Club membership offer that they have ($40 membership + free $10 GC). Both $40 & $10 cards they send are just regular Sams Club/WalMart gift cards, but the "$40 Sams Club Membership" wording on the front of the card confuses some cashiers so I just say "gift card" and hand it to them upside down and they just swipe it without any problems

rolfecms said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   rolfecms said:   Not seeing "sale" in the GC area to click on.

I have Sapphire, so that's the answer.

Thanks op.

OP, Thanks for sharing this exciting offer!
I tried but this is not available for folks like me with only Sapphire!

It was showing TJ Maxx GC with 10% off, but that discount disappears as soon as you log in. Smells funcky

Still works for the Land's End gift card - just ordered one.

Bump....deal is back on again!

Glad to see this is still Active Works fine on Craftsmen website for the tool chest that is 50% off right now...
See respdoc =Forums › Hot Deals
Sears Craftsman 14 Drawer 26 Inch HD tool chest combo $264 (Craftsman members and Sears Coupon)

Just got some more for future purchases again!!

Now I just need some Tools!!

Hi,
I am not familar with this reward program .
Is this point redemption for discounted cards or can you buy Spa Finder GIFT CARDS FOR 20% off
i.e is it a click through to from their shopping portal and you can buy a $1000 card for $800 or is it a 20% discount on the points required for SpaFinder.

Lookingforanedge said:   Hi,
I am not familar with this reward program .
Is this point redemption for discounted cards or can you buy Spa Finder GIFT CARDS FOR 20% off
i.e is it a click through to from their shopping portal and you can buy a $1000 card for $800 or is it a 20% discount on the points required for SpaFinder.
You use your rewards points to buy discounted GCs

Thanks, what is the best way to get spa gift certs at a discount.

Lookingforanedge said:   Thanks, what is the best way to get spa gift certs at a discount.Buy from Chase with whatever reward points you have

You can look on eBay (look for sellers with lots of good feedback) or you can check websites like Cardpool, Plastic Jungle, ABC Gift Cards, etc

Lands end is still at 20% and Kohls is still at 10%

cyberl0k said:   Lands end is still at 20% and Kohls is still at 10%great way to take 20% off a Sears appliance purchase...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014