• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Long time lurker, first deal post. Hope you like.

CVS has an 8 pack of Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Cartridges currently on sale for $21.74 (25% off). Buy 3 packages and apply coupon SHIPITFREE and get $15 off of $60 and free shipping.

Total comes to $50.23, $2.09 each. With tax, mine came to $53.37 which is still a nice $2.22 each.

Amazon's best for the 8 pack is $3.75/ea and their best period is $3.33 each for the non ProGlide 12 pack

LINK

Member Summary

CVS
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I've tried the Dorco 6 blade (Dollar Shave Club 6 blade)...it's nice, but I still think the fusion lasts a little longer... (more)

IronTek (Oct. 08, 2012 @ 9:43a) |

Same here. Got six packs of 6-blades with four in each pack and the handle for $27. I have shaved three times and to m... (more)

mdyoung (Oct. 08, 2012 @ 8:25p) |

Well, I have changed my thoughts on the Dorco. Below is my review I posted on their web site:

I was hoping this would be... (more)

s3riously (Oct. 22, 2012 @ 11:36a) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great minds think alike - I did this exact thing this morning when I saw the promotion

3% Cash Back from Upromise

Thanks!

I hate paying for these things, but they do shave well.

The Return-on-Investment for this deal is quite high!

While these blades are expensive they are in my mind the best shave out there. I was down to my final 3 blades so the deal was timely. Thanks OP.

Don't forget to use your extra care bucks if you have any available. Thanks OP

Any idea what the costco price is for the same ... I've seen it but I can't remember.

Kikkoman said:   Any idea what the costco price is for the same ... I've seen it but I can't remember.

No idea, but Sams Club is ~$47.50 for 16. LINK

headhntr said:   3% Cash Back from Upromise

5% from BofA Add it up.

Great timing OP.

$53.75 shipped to my home!

Just bought some last week at Wal-Mart. Had to take anti-theft box to the front checkout where the cashier could not open it and had to walk half-way across the store to get someone else to open it for her. Like most cashiers at WalMart she was in no hurry and did not care if her customer's were in a hurry. She did the WalMart shuffle both ways. This deal offers me one more reason to stay out of WalMart! Hoo-Ray! Thanks OP!

With tax $53.25 for me ($2.22 a blade)... I've been pricing these blades everywhere for several weeks now and haven't come close to this price!!! So I know this is an excellent deal for those of us that shave with blades. Thanks OP !!!

given all the bargain hunters here, doesn't anyone else use Dorco (http://www.dorcousa.com) razor blades (yes, that really is the name of the brand)? Vastly cheaper than name brand (e.g. four 4-packs (i.e. 16 cartridges) of 6(!) blade refills is only $13.50). I switched a couple months ago after having used Gillette for more than 20 years. Do you your research and read up about them.

How long do these blades last? Can you do 7 shaves? I want each blade to last at least a week, my beard is kinda middle of the road, in between a chinese and an Armenian. Don't mean to offend anyone but don't know how else to describe it.

My last blade lasted over 6 months. Don't really remember buying it. Could have been closer to a year. I have a thick curly beard. I learned you can strop disposable blades. Just like the old timer straight blades.

Anyone know of a deal on these blades in say a 5 pack? I don't need 24 year supply.

Consider this before you buy too many

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADaRIqy0Dc

dcabal said:   given all the bargain hunters here, doesn't anyone else use Dorco (http://www.dorcousa.com) razor blades (yes, that really is the name of the brand)? Vastly cheaper than name brand (e.g. four 4-packs (i.e. 16 cartridges) of 6(!) blade refills is only $13.50). I switched a couple months ago after having used Gillette for more than 20 years. Do you your research and read up about them.

I recently made the same switch, and have been pleased so far.

Is it dead already? Price shows $28.99.

Sorry to thread hack. I came here looking for the Fusion's. I Just wanted to say I ordered the Dorco's today. I did some research and they are highly rated. Thanks for the tip!

jsta6 said:   Sorry to thread hack. I came here looking for the Fusion's. I Just wanted to say I ordered the Dorco's today. I did some research and they are highly rated. Thanks for the tip!


I want to add a HUGE +1 on the Dorco recommendation! I ordered the 6-blades with trimmer and I will not be needing to scour the deals looking for Gillette deals anymore! These blades work great for me and I consider it to be a real milestone that I was finally able to say goodbye to Gillette!

dafish said:   Don't forget to use your extra care bucks if you have any available. Thanks OP

How do we use ECB'S when ordering from CVS.COM?

I've tried the Dorco 6 blade (Dollar Shave Club 6 blade)...it's nice, but I still think the fusion lasts a little longer and cuts a little better.

I don't think the Fusion offers a better price/performance ratio--the difference isn't that great--but it's just enough to keep me using the Fusion.

depreshun said:   jsta6 said:   Sorry to thread hack. I came here looking for the Fusion's. I Just wanted to say I ordered the Dorco's today. I did some research and they are highly rated. Thanks for the tip!


I want to add a HUGE +1 on the Dorco recommendation! I ordered the 6-blades with trimmer and I will not be needing to scour the deals looking for Gillette deals anymore! These blades work great for me and I consider it to be a real milestone that I was finally able to say goodbye to Gillette!


Same here. Got six packs of 6-blades with four in each pack and the handle for $27. I have shaved three times and to me just as good as the Fusion. I won't be going back as long as the price remains that low. In Costco, just 10 Fusion blades were $29.

depreshun said:   jsta6 said:   Sorry to thread hack. I came here looking for the Fusion's. I Just wanted to say I ordered the Dorco's today. I did some research and they are highly rated. Thanks for the tip!


I want to add a HUGE +1 on the Dorco recommendation! I ordered the 6-blades with trimmer and I will not be needing to scour the deals looking for Gillette deals anymore! These blades work great for me and I consider it to be a real milestone that I was finally able to say goodbye to Gillette!




Well, I have changed my thoughts on the Dorco. Below is my review I posted on their web site:

I was hoping this would be my solution to dethrone the $$$ Gillette product. While the razor is decent, it is just not as good as the reigning king. It may be suitable for others but my quest to find a replacement for Gillette must unfortunately continue. I do not get as close of a shave and it is more uncomfortable and I end up with nicks and razor burn due to having to keep going over problem areas. It is not a bad product, just not the one for me.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014