• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The Capital Grille has it's Generous Pour going on right now. It started today and runs through I believe September 2nd. There are 9 wines on the list (1 sparkling, 2 whites, 5 reds and 1 dessert wine) where you can do as much of them as you like. I was there tonight for dinner and I thought I was mis understanding the server on the deal. I was wowed on it and to me worth every penny. You can even do it at the bar. Here is the link...

http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/videos/TheGenerousPour2012/main....

Member Summary

Capital Grille
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If you live near Stamford, CT, it's Stamford Restaurant Week thru 9/3. Capital Grille is participating and they have a ... (more)

billrubin (Aug. 26, 2012 @ 10:17p) |

Or a Merlot...

yaijic (Aug. 27, 2012 @ 10:26p) |

We took advantage of this as an opportunity to try out our local Capital Grille that just opened up a couple of months a... (more)

quickNdirty (Aug. 27, 2012 @ 10:42p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

City and state in title please

This will not end well...

Butcherboy said:   City and state in title please Apparently it's any Capital Grille location. No need to list to list a city / state in the title as there are 40-50 of them and it's valid at all locations. We had a GREAT time there tonight and if there is one near by then take advantage of this offer.

Butcherboy said:   City and state in title please

Its a Darden owned chain, so there are a few more than is gonna fit in the header.

I see them opening themselves up for lawsuits some places though, this type of unlimited pour doesn't work well.

I remember once a local bar on a military base tried something like this... it turned into a riot, literally, and the based closed the bar and MWR fired the management. (it was unlimited chicken and beer as I recall)

yaijic said:   Butcherboy said:   City and state in title please Apparently it's any Capital Grille location. No need to list to list a city / state in the title as there are 40-50 of them and it's valid at all locations. We had a GREAT time there tonight and if there is one near by then take advantage of this offer.

My mistake, Did not know it was for all Capital Grille location,

Thanks OP

Trying to satisfy my own sense of a deal, just wondering if anyone with a knowledge of wine can help me with this? How many bottles do I have to drink to break even?

Just a search of terms:
lunetta rose
simcic rebula 2008/2009 http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/edi+simcic+rebula/2008 $20.00
gary farrell chardonnay 2009 http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/gary+farrell+chardonnay/2009 $25.95
conn creek anthology cabernet 2007 http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/conn+creek+anthology+cabernet/... $34.00
ferrari-carano mountain reserve cabernet 2008 http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/ferrari-carano+mountain+reserv... $28.99
chateau du pin cabernet 2009 http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/chateau+du+pin+cabernet/2009 $8.84
falesco assis rosso sangiovese 2009
villa mt eden grand reserve pinot noir 2007 http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/villa+mt+eden+grand+reserve+pi... $22.98
Kanu Kia-Ora Nobel Late Harvest 2006 http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/kanu+kia-ora+nobel+late+harves... $11.84

RedWolfe01 said:   

I see them opening themselves up for lawsuits some places though, this type of unlimited pour doesn't work well.

I remember once a local bar on a military base tried something like this... it turned into a riot, literally, and the based closed the bar and MWR fired the management. (it was unlimited chicken and beer as I recall)

i think your comparision might be a little "apples & oranges". The average Capital Grille patron is probably a whole lot less likey to start and/or participate in a bar fight than the average military base "chicken & beer" bar crowd

devilboy215 said:   Trying to satisfy my own sense of a deal, just wondering if anyone with a knowledge of wine can help me with this? How many bottles do I have to drink to break even?

All of them.

devilboy215 said:   Trying to satisfy my own sense of a deal, just wondering if anyone with a knowledge of wine can help me with this? How many bottles do I have to drink to break even?
I too was trying to look at it that way but then I remembered that all restaurants often mark up their wine quite a bit. In comparison for what they are charging its a steal. Even if you have half glass of the sparkling, a glass of white and a glass and a half of the Anthology you are ahead even on a retail price. I'm going to head back here on a date, sit at the bar and have a few of their bar bites. Yeah I can eat cheaper somewhere else but the value here at $25 is an unbelievable deal.

Freaking awesome deal, any hooks with having to buy anything past any appetizer ??

polishdreamer said:   Freaking awesome deal, any hooks with having to buy anything past any appetizer ??It's a smoking hot deal and I'm shocked that I got a red from someone in my OP. It's cool though.. I'm glad you like it. My server told me its valid at the bar too. I'm sure if you just sit at a table and order an app they might say something. However they have a GREAT bar menu. Sit up there, grab some food and enjoy some great wine. I'm pretty proficient in wine knowledge and there were quite a few that I never heard of before that were fantastic. If anything its a great opportunity to try wine that you wouldn't normally buy.

nyc restaurant week is coming up too (capital grille participates), so this will stack well with that.

No way I can drink $25 worth of wine. Especially the stuff I buy.

VirginiaDC said:   No way I can drink $25 worth of wine. Especially the stuff I buy.

2 boxes of Franzia is my limit as well.

It may be a bit of a drive to get there, so make sure you drink a lot to last the whole ride back.

GudSpellur said:   VirginiaDC said:   No way I can drink $25 worth of wine. Especially the stuff I buy.

2 boxes of Franzia is my limit as well.

Came here to say the same thing. Box of franzia, $8.95. Lasts at least a couple of days. Plus we're a lot more friendly to puking in the bushes at my house than they are at the capital grill. Now, I'm just guessing on that last bit.

Does that include a designated driver for that price?

RedWolfe01 said:   I see them opening themselves up for lawsuits some places though, this type of unlimited pour doesn't work well.This is a regular event for them, so clearly they have not had problems with it in the past.

If you live near Stamford, CT, they will be holding their semi-annual Restaurant Week Monday, August 20 - Monday, September 3, 2012. CG has been participating in the past and I assume they will this year as well. You can get a 3 course meal for $30 AND take advantage of the $25 OYCD wine. Last winter's menu is here.

The West 51st Street location in NY (Time-Life building) has a very nice pre-theater menu for $38, and presumably you can do the wine as well. You do not need to be going to the theater to take advantage of the menu but I suspect it is not available after 7pm or so.

WOW, I was just planning on having dinner at Capital Grill this weekend. Will have to look further into this. Thank you OP!

They offered this last year as well, at least at the Charlotte location. I happened upon it while dining there for Charlotte Restaurant Week - made a great deal even better!

dukerau said:   They offered this last year as well, at least at the Charlotte location. I happened upon it while dining there for Charlotte Restaurant Week - made a great deal even better!Yes, it's a chain-wide thing, and if you can combine it with a RW deal, it's even better!

I think they change the wine choices halfway thru the period.

freakinout said:   RedWolfe01 said:   

i think your comparision might be a little "apples & oranges". The average Capital Grille patron is probably a whole lot less likey to start and/or participate in a bar fight than the average military base "chicken & beer" bar crowd

Dunno, the Plano police don't seem to have any issues writing DUIs in the area where the new Cap grille is out there. Rather get into a Drunk and disorderly than a DUI for wrapping my BMW around a tree.

I did this last year, had about 15 glasses in total. I was sooooo glad the Capital Grille was not far from my home as it was not an easy walk home afterward...

Anyways, from what I remember (haha), most of the wines were very good

freakinout said:   RedWolfe01 said:   

Drunks are drunks, no matter how "classy" they may be.

I would have no problem downing a few bottles of wine for $25 and taking the bus back home.

The web page says enjoy "at dinner", but I wonder if it can be had with lunch.. And/or if there is a minimum purchase? I'm sure $50 for two could quickly turn into a couple hundred for dinner and drinks here.

goldmareese said:   Does that include a designated driver for that price?

Yes, it's called a piece of paper with a cabs telephone number..

Lugs said:   The web page says enjoy "at dinner", but I wonder if it can be had with lunch.. And/or if there is a minimum purchase? I'm sure $50 for two could quickly turn into a couple hundred for dinner and drinks here.Looks like you can do it at lunch but its still $25.00/person. At dinner go in and split a steak and/or just eat light at the bar. It's worth every penny if you ask me. I loved it. A group of us was going to Ruths Chris for dinner but just changed to the CG to get in on this deal. I need to find out when restaurant week is here...

Lugs said:   The web page says enjoy "at dinner", but I wonder if it can be had with lunch.. And/or if there is a minimum purchase? I'm sure $50 for two could quickly turn into a couple hundred for dinner and drinks here.

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Could you just go in, sit at the bar and have a couple of appetizers and wine? Or do you have to order dinner/entrees?

The drunk chicks are free, too.

yaijic said:   I'm shocked that I got a red from someone in my OP.

Don't worry, he was so drunk on wine he thought he was giving you a green.

yaijic said:   Lugs said:   The web page says enjoy "at dinner", but I wonder if it can be had with lunch.. And/or if there is a minimum purchase? I'm sure $50 for two could quickly turn into a couple hundred for dinner and drinks here.Looks like you can do it at lunch but its still $25.00/person. At dinner go in and split a steak and/or just eat light at the bar. It's worth every penny if you ask me. I loved it. A group of us was going to Ruths Chris for dinner but just changed to the CG to get in on this deal. I need to find out when restaurant week is here...

Do they close between lunch and dinner?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

sweet berry wine!

Looks like a great opportunity to post in the Blacklisted Thread in FWF.

Wine hangover, 'tis the worst...
Starts with pain, end with thirst.
Anvil meets hammer, in my head.
Ever clanging to even words softly said...
Lest my head give way and burst.

In wine there is wisdom...
In beer there is strength...
In water there is bacteria

Looks like I am getting smart tonight!

I did this last year at the Capital Grille in Miami and they said we could only have one glass of each wine!

I think the legality of this is questionable in the Massachusetts locations. Mass has strict happy hour/drink special regs, which prohibit, among other things, "selling, offering to sell or delivering to any person an unlimited number of drinks during any set period of time for a fixed price, except at private functions not open to the public."

http://www.mass.gov/abcc/pdf/HAPPYHOUR2009.pdf

Skipping 33 Messages...
We took advantage of this as an opportunity to try out our local Capital Grille that just opened up a couple of months ago and was disappointed; wasn't blown away by any of the wines, although it was a good deal for the amount so no real complaints there- but the food and service was lacking in comparison to just about every other similarly priced steakhouses (and there are SEVERAL) in the area. Won't be back.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014