$250 off organic mattress

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
250 off the organic bedroom I called and they can ship nationwide, had been looking at a Savvy Rest and OMI online. These are usually never discounted. I think I am going to go ahead and do the coupon thing, when I called they said it would take about a week to get to me.

LivingSocial
See LivingSocial coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

organic mattress (13.04kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
same company now haas split king adjustable beds by reverie (exact same as tempurpedic) for $2400 includes a foam mattre... (more)

joebeau (Nov. 01, 2012 @ 4:33p) |

Price without mattresses and only adjustable bases is 500 less

joebeau (Nov. 02, 2012 @ 2:31p) |

joebeau (Nov. 02, 2012 @ 2:31p) |

Seriously, an organic mattress? Maybe I need to start an organic ______ company.

hey brother, look at what is in todays mattresses you sleep on. Organic does sound funny but non toxic is probably better unless you prefer boric acid a formaldhyde

organic <> better

eajohnst said:   organic <> better

tobacco is organic...

but all the chemicals they put in it are not......

VirginiaDC said:   eajohnst said:   organic <> better

tobacco is organic...

title needs help. vendor? organic wool? organic cotton?

stove knitters should diy

joebeau said:   but all the chemicals they put in it are not......

tobacco is organic...

chemicals <> bad
natural <> better

There are dozens of naturally occurring plants that could be considered "organic" which contain toxins at are just as bad for you (if not worse) as some of the most toxic man-made chemicals. I am not saying that "organic" products are bad or anything like that. Simply making the point that just because one manufactuer may have put questionable materials in their product, that doesn't mean that all man-made chemicals are bad for you or that going with something labeled as "organic" is necessarily better for you. Some products marked as "organic" are great products. But, there are also a lot of crappy "organic" products out there too as many companies have learned that many consumers equate "organic" with quality & health when organic certification has absolutely nothing to do with either. And, there are some great products out there that could never be marketed as "organic" since they are made with certain materials - even though those materials are perfectly safe and are environmentally friendly.

Couldnt agree with you more, I think the big thing with all the new bedding is first off tempupedic and foam is terrible for you, Its 100% petroleum. the other things is that the government makes them be flame retardant. Most companies use very mad chemicals some of which are actually banned in other countries and in clothing. Organic uses all natural wool to pass the governments test and does not have chemicals in them. Basically on all new matttesses other than organic (Latex, wool, cotton....) they are soaked in chemicals. Its worth doing the research on, it will surprise you. Same goes on new couches and furniture since a couple of year back.

joebeau said:   Couldnt agree with you more, I think the big thing with all the new bedding is first off tempupedic and foam is terrible for you, Its 100% petroleum. the other things is that the government makes them be flame retardant. Most companies use very mad chemicals some of which are actually banned in other countries and in clothing. Organic uses all natural wool to pass the governments test and does not have chemicals in them. Basically on all new matttesses other than organic (Latex, wool, cotton....) they are soaked in chemicals. Its worth doing the research on, it will surprise you. Same goes on new couches and furniture since a couple of year back.

I hope you don't have any clothes with spandex, polyester or other polymers in them. Those are petroleum based as well.

cant really say I am into the spandex polyster thing.... got rid of those in the 80's

I don't want to go off track - we could discuss all things manmade - but I hadn't thought of the bed before, just the bedding. Worth considering since you spend about 1/3 of your life sleeping.

Couldnt agree more. I purchase the voucher owners said call tomorrow and we would go over prices.

joebeau said:   but all the chemicals they put in it are not......

tobacco is organic...

actually its the cigarettes that have the chemicals put into them, not the the tobacco.

Can I just throw the mattress into my compost pile after its useful life?

Cotton would be flammable.

My niece used to sell stuff like this, $10,000.

eajohnst said:   I hope you don't have any clothes with spandex, polyester or other polymers in them. Those are petroleum based as well.
I recently read Bonk by Mary Roach, a tremendously informative but equally funny rundown on the current state of sex research. It included this hilarious but thought-provoking tidbit:

"Dr. Ahmed Shafik ... [published] ... a paper in European Urology in which he investigated the effects of polyester on sexual activity. Ahmed Shafik dressed lab rats in polyester pants.

"There were 75 rats. They wore their pants for one year. Shafik found that over time the ones dressed in polyester or poly-cotton blend had sex significantly less often than the rats whose slacks were cotton or wool. (Shafik thinks the reason is that polyester sets up troublesome electrostatic fields in and around the genitals. Having seen an illustration of a rat wearing the pants, I would say thereís an equal possibility that itís simply harder to get a date when you dress funny.)"

MeIsCheap said:   actually its the cigarettes that have the chemicals put into them, not the the tobacco.
"More than 25 million pounds of pesticides are used in tobacco production in the United States, and tobacco ranks sixth among all agricultural commodities in the amount of pesticides applied per acre."

Federal regulators are overlooking the massive use of pesticides on tobacco

joebeau: I gave you green just for bringing this topic up (and to negate the red you just got from LeonProfessionl [who aptly takes his name from a movie about a hitman]).

But I know nothing about pricing on organic mattresses, so could you give me a price range for a good one? Yes, I know I'm probably in for a shock....

Also, what is it about Savvy Rest and OMI that you prefer?

If you want the best deal on the best quality organic mattress, check on hendersonsfurniture.com to see Organicpedic by OMI. Henderson's saysptions

Insured, in-home delivery anywhere in the Continental U.S. We deliver personally to Forest, Lynchburg, Smith Mountain Lake, Roanoke, Charlottesville, Lexington, Amherst, Blacksburg and the surrounding areas in Central Virginia. For deliveries to Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Richmond, DC, Greensboro, Winston-Salem & Northern Virginia, please contact us for more information.

They start at around 1500 for a Queen Spring or $2000-$2500 for a Latex so really King a bit more. The person who advertised about OMI earlier I wold just say I returned one a year or so ago not well made(that is why although I was considering one because I was told they corrected the product I just dont know). I have been looking at Savvy Rest or Pure latex Bliss but am interested in the WJS product I spoke to the owner about earlier. They are in line with mid priced mattresse purchased anywhere but some Like OMI and Royal Pedic can cost 7-10K.

Zenoicus said:   joebeau: I gave you green just for bringing this topic up (and to negate the red you just got from LeonProfessionl [who aptly takes his name from a movie about a hitman]).

But I know nothing about pricing on organic mattresses, so could you give me a price range for a good one? Yes, I know I'm probably in for a shock....

Also, what is it about Savvy Rest and OMI that you prefer?

Savvy rest make one calles a Serenity that you can customize each side with different layer of Latex, it seems like the one I am considering. I think the warrently is 20years on them and a queen was around $2500.

I only eat organic mattresses.

We recently purchased a Savvy Rest bed for our daughter and could not be any happier! The bed is fantastic!!!

I'm allergic to wool. Does that make me non-organic?

eajohnst said:   joebeau said:   Couldnt agree with you more, I think the big thing with all the new bedding is first off tempupedic and foam is terrible for you, Its 100% petroleum. the other things is that the government makes them be flame retardant. Most companies use very mad chemicals some of which are actually banned in other countries and in clothing. Organic uses all natural wool to pass the governments test and does not have chemicals in them. Basically on all new matttesses other than organic (Latex, wool, cotton....) they are soaked in chemicals. Its worth doing the research on, it will surprise you. Same goes on new couches and furniture since a couple of year back.

I hope you don't have any clothes with spandex, polyester or other polymers in them. Those are petroleum based as well.

Isn't petroleum organic?

macdave said:   eajohnst said:   joebeau said:   Couldnt agree with you more, I think the big thing with all the new bedding is first off tempupedic and foam is terrible for you, Its 100% petroleum. the other things is that the government makes them be flame retardant. Most companies use very mad chemicals some of which are actually banned in other countries and in clothing. Organic uses all natural wool to pass the governments test and does not have chemicals in them. Basically on all new matttesses other than organic (Latex, wool, cotton....) they are soaked in chemicals. Its worth doing the research on, it will surprise you. Same goes on new couches and furniture since a couple of year back.

Isn't petroleum organic?
only if the dinosaurs only ate from non chemically treated fields.

macdave said:   eajohnst said:   joebeau said:   Couldnt agree with you more, I think the big thing with all the new bedding is first off tempupedic and foam is terrible for you, Its 100% petroleum. the other things is that the government makes them be flame retardant. Most companies use very mad chemicals some of which are actually banned in other countries and in clothing. Organic uses all natural wool to pass the governments test and does not have chemicals in them. Basically on all new matttesses other than organic (Latex, wool, cotton....) they are soaked in chemicals. Its worth doing the research on, it will surprise you. Same goes on new couches and furniture since a couple of year back.

Isn't petroleum organic?
Why, are you planning to burn the mattress too?

well he cant burn the petroleum one silly the government makes them soak them in chemicals, thats the whole point

this thread is wonderful did not think i would be reading anything like this

joebeau said:   Savvy rest make one calles a Serenity that you can customize each side with different layer of Latex, it seems like the one I am considering. I think the warrently is 20years on them and a queen was around $2500.

So, if you get a Serenity pad(ded) mattress, can you pee in it at night without everyone knowing?

absolutely

I am also looking for finest organic mattresses for my bedroom furniture. I guess it can be a good deal. Can you please give information about the shipping charges and brand of these mattresses?

Please share voucher codes for organic mattress to get more discount.

qcumber98 said:   I only eat organic mattresses.

My poop is organic, can I sell it for $1000/pound?

KarlPt said:   I am also looking for finest organic mattresses for my bedroom furniture. I guess it can be a good deal. Can you please give information about the shipping charges and brand of these mattresses?Shipping was included for me.

my new mattress is incredible. If you guys missed out on this I got a note from the same company they have a similar special on another site mommy daddy deals dot com www.mommydaddydeals.com. Not sure if its the same or not but if you have ever considered a latex mattress I will say its well worth the money.

same company now haas split king adjustable beds by reverie (exact same as tempurpedic) for $2400 includes a foam mattress which is the same as tempurpedic charges for just the bases without mattress. Guess you could replace mattress if you do not like. Also Free Pillows and other items through the weekend on Savvy Rest and other brands can ship nationwide.

Skipping 1 Messages...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014