• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here is a link for 1,000 free UA miles. This is a bonus with Mileage Plus Shopping Portal when you register your Mileage Plus Credit Card. Enter your Mileage Plus number and password will take you to the registration page.
The terms say: the bonus offer is available only for members who received an email from MileagePlus Shopping, however I can still register successfully without the invitational email.
Donít forget about the other 1,750 free United points and the 4,000 Netflix United deal. United has given out so many free miles recently.

Member Summary

United (24.32kB)
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

new members?

other 1,750 free United points ?

You might want to update the title of your thread to let people know you must have a Mileage Plus Credit Card to get these free 1,000 United miles.

My card was already registered, probably from a previous promotion. Thx anyway OP!

It worked for me. Thanks OP.

vickh said:   
other 1,750 free United points ?

OP is probably referring to this: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/pointmetotheplane/2012/07/11/an-easy-1750-ua-miles-to-start-the-day/

Thanks OP the deal is ok but, good luck using those mile towards travel. I have had United Premier status for a couple years and have 150k miles. Twice a month I have been trying to use my miles to upgrade to 1st class for over a year, on average there are about 6 people trying to upgrade per 1st class seat, it costs 10k mile per segment and $50.

Now they charge you to flystand-by on a earlier flight the same day (even if the flight you are ticketed on is oversold and the one you are trying to get on is half empty). Huge bag fees. They nickle and dime you for every possible thing you can imagine.

Last January I decided to use my miles to fly from Boston to Norfolk. First United wanted 25k miles and $300 dollars (that was more than a normal ticket thru Expedia, Travelocity or Kayak), so then they demanded 50k miles and $10 which I agreed too. April, a month before my trip, my plans changed, then they demanded $125 for me to cancel my ticket. That was the last straw

I am sick and tiered of United treating me like a inconvenient commodity and sardine, rather than a loyal paying customer. Good-bye United, hello JetBlue I will take your friendly staff, extra leg room, unlimited snacks & drinks, and free TV service in every seat.

Maybe you can use those 1,000 miles towards a magazine subscription or something.

valeadmagnet said:   Thanks OP the deal is ok but, good luck using those mile towards travel. I have had United Premier status for a couple years and have 150k miles. Twice a month I have been trying to use my miles to upgrade to 1st class for over a year, on average there are about 6 people trying to upgrade per 1st class seat, it costs 10k mile per segment and $50.

Now they charge you to flystand-by on a earlier flight the same day (even if the flight you are ticketed on is oversold and the one you are trying to get on is half empty). Huge bag fees. They nickle and dime you for every possible thing you can imagine.

Last January I decided to use my miles to fly from Boston to Norfolk. First United wanted 25k miles and $300 dollars (that was more than a normal ticket thru Expedia, Travelocity or Kayak), so then they demanded 50k miles and $10 which I agreed too. April, a month before my trip, my plans changed, then they demanded $125 for me to cancel my ticket. That was the last straw

I am sick and tiered of United treating me like a inconvenient commodity and sardine, rather than a loyal paying customer. Good-bye United, hello JetBlue I will take your friendly staff, extra leg room, unlimited snacks & drinks, and free TV service in every seat.

Maybe you can use those 1,000 miles towards a magazine subscription or something.

I have miles on 8 different airlines and I feel that united is the easiest airline to use miles. I just booked a trip for 6 to hawaii at low award level when the other airlines had very little (if any) availability. I will gladly take those miles off your hands....

valeadmagnet said:   Thanks OP the deal is ok but, good luck using those mile towards travel. .......

Did you mean upgrade or travel?

I booked some trip to Europe on UAL recently 2 months out using my miles and had decent bit of availability at the saver level. I could even plan a trip as per my dates versus the airline dates.

Delta - had zero luck - continues to be scum. Some day Delta will figure out that there is no free lunch - i.e. if they are not letting people use miles at a saver award levels even with long notice, customers will migrate to other airlines. Given similar fares, Delta is my last choice to fly.

My MileagePlus Visa card is already registered. Has anyone found a way to UNREGISTER a card? I even added another card, but there is still no option to unregister a card. I want to unregister it, wait a few days, and register it again to see if i get the 1000 bonus miles.

valeadmagnet said:   Thanks OP the deal is ok but, good luck using those mile towards travel. I have had United Premier status for a couple years and have 150k miles. Twice a month I have been trying to use my miles to upgrade to 1st class for over a year, on average there are about 6 people trying to upgrade per 1st class seat, it costs 10k mile per segment and $50.

I can assure that you can fly "ANY" airlines and eventually they will screw you no matter what your status.

valeadmagnet said:   Thanks OP the deal is ok but, good luck using those mile towards travel....

Last January I decided to use my miles to fly from Boston to Norfolk....so then they demanded 50k miles and $10 which I agreed too....

You paid 50K miles for a ticket from Boston to Norfolk? I hope that was Norfolk in the UK, cuz you'd have to be silly to pay that level of mileage for a domestic RT ticket like that.....

Even with United 1k and system-wide vouchers, you may not get your 1st class seat, but that's part of the deal. United is still the easiest airline to redeem miles to someplace you want to go. Try getting to Europe with 5 people for Christmas with another airline--and that cost me only 300,000 miles and nominal taxes.

For value and ease, use your miles for international travel! I just got a business class one way ticket on United from London to Atlanta during the the Olympics for 50K miles (instead of $5,498), and there were Coach seats available for 30K. Using 50K files for a $500 domestic trip is not good value!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014