• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I'm in Costco right now and see that this deal is even better now with the price reduced to $799! Those who have already purchased, take your receipts to the return desk and they'll refund the difference in price!

I've been looking for a 60-65" TV to replace the 50" the movers broke. I was looking at Panasonic and Samsung but saw this deal and saw the reviews and went for it. I bought 2 of these for less than the price of 1 of the TVs I was looking at. avsforum has some really good reviews on it as does Amazon. These are both listed as 6500 but I'm pretty sure the 6550 is the same, just costco branded.

No 3D, no Internet, but I don't care - I get my Netflix from my blu-ray or my Tivo and have no use for 3D. Hope this helps!

Member Summary

LG 60PA6550 60" Plasma (7.02kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The lifespan is that it will last right up to the day it dies on you. Frankly just remember the TVS of today are not mea... (more)

robertw477 (Jan. 03, 2013 @ 6:41p) |

Sigh... 5-6 years? People like you are responsible for the disposable nature of today's consumer society. Your expect... (more)

slickdeal45 (Jan. 03, 2013 @ 6:45p) |

They are indeed built for obsolescence! My panasonic 50" plasma lasted 36 months. Flashing LED light (7 times) indicat... (more)

selinavolpatti (Mar. 26, 2013 @ 5:45p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

So if you enter the Model Number in the search box nothing comes up but using the browse function it appears that Sams Club has the same model...for those of us not lucky enough to have a CostCo close by.

LG 60PA6550 - $898

This has the extra-thin bezel and minimal base-plate/stand.

I calibrated it to match what they're posting in avsforum.com and the picture looks great! Again, no 3D or frills but a dang good picture and at this price for a 60" I'll take that all day long!

Looks like a great deal! Wish there wasn't any tax tho

I checked this out at Costco and couldn't get the brightness to adjust. It stayed at 50 in all the modes I tried. The contrast was adjustable.

I want to use it in a bedroom at night and want flexibility as to the darkness of the image. Does anyone know if the brightness is adjustable somehow?

Looks cool, thank you.

Hi Buster said:   Does anyone know if the brightness is adjustable somehow?
Maybe the energy saving feature was turned on? I think it automatically adjusts brightness based on lighting conditions. If you turn it off, it should let you manually adjust brightness.

paratoke said:   Hi Buster said:   Does anyone know if the brightness is adjustable somehow?
Maybe the energy saving feature was turned on? I think it automatically adjusts brightness based on lighting conditions. If you turn it off, it should let you manually adjust brightness.
That might have been it. I couldn't get it into a mode where I could adjust the brightness even though I see that being adjustable at the link to AVSForum.

Went to checkout at Sam's with free shipping. Total was $898.00 + $60.62 tax = $958.62. I didn't have a membership, so that was an extra $40, making it $998.62. I was about to pull the trigger when I found it at PC Richard for $988.97, no tax, free shipping. Hope I can cancel my Sam's membership real quick, cause I'll never actually use it. Then again, I'm only saving abo $10 dollars by going to PC Richard. Maybe I can just look at it as a Sam's membership for $10 instead of $40.

Ugh...deal shopping is so hard...lol

paratoke said:   Hi Buster said:   Does anyone know if the brightness is adjustable somehow?
It was in demo mode. When I switched it to home mode the brighness was adjustable.

$849 now at Costco.

849 now at SAMS too..

I was afraid of that. Does Costco pricematch themself? I don't really want to lug the set back.

I just took my receipt up to Costco and they promptly refunded me the difference. A manager had to come over-ride something, but it was a breeze. Make sure to take your receipt, that's the first thing she asked for. Good Luck!!

Cool.

Is the standard price $850 now, or is it a $250 off manufacturer's coupon? They charged tax on the before $200 coupon price, so if it's the normal price they should refund tax on $250 as well.

It's now a $250 manufacturing coupon.

No problem getting the pricematch other than the trainee taking about 10 minutes to do it.

I heard you can only do it once within the 90 day return window. I want to get the max return I can - anyone think it may go down another $50 anytime soon?

jfdub said:   I heard you can only do it once within the 90 day return window. I want to get the max return I can - anyone think it may go down another $50 anytime soon?

Good question! Bigger question is when the Manufacturers Coupon expires . . which would leave you with no refund. Personally, I'd grab the money and run.

Ah yes, good point - I wasn't thinking about the coupon expiration date... I'll check tomorrow on when that expires.

Price reduced to $799 now!

this is so tempting considering the pana 60-incher P60ST50 is double this price, but that pana screen is soooooo much more beautiful, but is it worth twice the price.

It was worth it for me, I just bought two!

jfdub said:   Price reduced to $799 now!
Thanks!! Went to Costco and got my price adjusted from $849 I paid for it few weeks back. When they lowered the price to $799 rest of them got sold, only floor model left in my Costco. Just make sure you get the outside antena connected to it if you are a sports fan.... love it.

"this is so tempting considering the pana 60-incher P60ST50 is double this price"

Yep, but the next Panasonic down (UT 60") is 178 more from Amazon right now. I believe that's 178 well-spent. Panasonic is my goto TV company since I can't afford Sony (well, I won't pay for Sony anyway.) Been very very happy w/ the 2 I've owned.

Of course the best strategy is to wait for February; Probably get the ST panasonic for <1k then.

Still, you really can't beat 8 bills for a 60" TV! That's the silver lining of outsourcing, innit?.

Is this deal still going on ? Was there a timeframe ? I dont see it.

Thanks

It's still going on. I just picked one up yesterday at a local Costco. They had 5 in stock.

Instant rebate expires 12/8/12.

PC Richard has it for 797.97 shipped no sales tax or membership fees for me.

Is PC Richard a safe retailer?

I know its not really that hot, Just an FYI for anyone still looking for this.. Sam's Club has it currently for $828.00. Link

$779 at Costco now and no tax where I live... A no-brainer for wanting a huge TV with no need for smart features.

What's the expected lifespan for plasma TV compare to LED TV? Also how would LG plasma compare to Panasonic? Thanks

The lifespan is that it will last right up to the day it dies on you. Frankly just remember the TVS of today are not meant to last 20 years. If you get 5-6 good yrs that is doing well. With technology changing you might want to upgrade anyway after a few yrs.

Rob

robertw477 said:   The lifespan is that it will last right up to the day it dies on you. Frankly just remember the TVS of today are not meant to last 20 years. If you get 5-6 good yrs that is doing well. With technology changing you might want to upgrade anyway after a few yrs.

Rob

Sigh... 5-6 years? People like you are responsible for the disposable nature of today's consumer society. Your expectations are so low.

Panasonic touts a 30 year panel life on their plasmas. Doesn't mean it'll last that long, but they aren't built to fail, as you imply.

They are indeed built for obsolescence! My panasonic 50" plasma lasted 36 months. Flashing LED light (7 times) indicates board failure. Had to scrap it, and not too pleased.This TV was made in 2009 and i bought it in 2010.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014