• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Been looking for a good deal on these exact lights for the past month since Lowes had some sort of comparable incentive on the Sylvania 6" LED down lights for ~$25 from ~$40. Lowes wasn't doing it in my area and these EcoSmart lights have CREE LEDs and are rated higher, dim better, etc. than the Sylvanias and I've been on the prowl for the best price. I was about to pay $385 for a case of 12 from Amazon when I saw that Home Depot had them for $24.97 on their webpage as an in-store exclusive.

Online webpage said order limit of 10. I ordered 10 under my name, and 10 in my wife's name and we went in-store to pick them up. In store they were also marked $24.97 so I picked up another 6 while we were there.

Here's the link to HD's webpage if it works:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202240932/h_d2/ProductDi...

EcoSmart 6 in. 9.5-Watt (65W) LED Downlight(E)*
Model # ECO-575L Store SKU # 499485

edited to add that I'm in NE Ohio, zip 44646, and it shows the lower price online when I select a store.

Home Depot
See Home Depot promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

EcoSmart 6'' Cree LED Down Light
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I just installed five recessed lights in my condo and ordered five CREE CR6's from energyfederation.org (EFI) which has ... (more)

katarn4 (Jan. 08, 2013 @ 9:12a) |

Just picked up $475 worth of these last night. Ugh, but they are nice lights.

badrobot (Apr. 05, 2013 @ 3:54p) |

In NY the bright white (blue box) are $2 more than softwhite. $23.xx to $25.xx

badrobot (Apr. 05, 2013 @ 3:55p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Still $40 in Charlotte.

these lights are great. i have a bunch in my house, been very happy with

I have 4 of these in my den, got them at the same price. Much better than the Commercial Electric LED lights. These have a nice warm color, and dim better than the CE lights.

Add YMMV to title, still $40 around me.

In Orlando and Melbourne FL it shows $40.

This is regional. Your power company provides rebates for them

purduephotog said:   This is regional. Your power company provides rebates for them

Doubtful in this case. If you use the OPs zip, there is only 1 store with the $24.97 price. All other stores around that zip are still at $39.97.

SafetyDance said:   purduephotog said:   This is regional. Your power company provides rebates for them

Doubtful in this case. If you use the OPs zip, there is only 1 store with the $24.97 price. All other stores around that zip are still at $39.97.

Zip 08820 (NJ) has it for reduced price

I have had 6 of these in my kitchen for about 6 months and I realized 2 days ago 1 of them was not working

wth? 29.97 in pittsburgh Pa,but 39.97 in Eastern Pa, why the diff. both in PA?

Installed 8 of these in my kitchen remodel last month. They are super bright! Although they compare them to 65 watt equivalent, they are closer to 100 watts (in my opinion).
Got them for $34.95 each at The Home Depot in Seaside CA.

I purchased about 30 of these a month or so ago. It has been this price in NJ for at least two months now. These are great lights. The only complaint is that they sometimes flicker when on a dimmer, but if you adjust the dimming, you can avoid the flicker spots.

Price is very YMMV, depends on local utility subsidies. Unsubsidized price is $39.97. If your area doesn't provide these subsidies, the CR6 can be found regularly on the 'bay for $35-38 shipped no tax (example), sometimes less if you're willing to watch & wait.
These are excellent quality lights that come as close to incandescent as anything I've seen. Dimming is smooth down to the last 10%. Dimming experience depends alot on the quality of dimmer you have.
An additional point to consider is that these retrofit kits have the sealed trim built in. This can cost $10-15 if purchased separately.

jaghardt said:   wth? 29.97 in pittsburgh Pa,but 39.97 in Eastern Pa, why the diff. both in PA?

Probably different power companies in both these regions. Like Peas said, the regular price is $39.97, but if your local power company kicks in the price can vary. I've seen these as low as $19.97 in certain areas

freakinout said:   jaghardt said:   wth? 29.97 in pittsburgh Pa,but 39.97 in Eastern Pa, why the diff. both in PA?

Probably different power companies in both these regions. Like Peas said, the regular price is $39.97, but if your local power company kicks in the price can vary. I've seen these as low as $19.97 in certain areas

fwiw, i work in the 44646 area code but live in the 44730. all of the stores near the 44730 showed the $24.97 price. I have AEP (American Electric Power) so perhaps it's within their boundaries..?

can someone post a pic of what this looks like in their home - want to get an idea how this looks installed - TIA!

thenew3 said:   Installed 8 of these in my kitchen remodel last month. They are super bright! Although they compare them to 65 watt equivalent, they are closer to 100 watts (in my opinion).

The description states 575 lumens. On my GE's 100w CFL bulg, it states 1750 lumens. Isn't the lumens (brightness) the same whether it is a LED or CFL bulb?

TIA

fw789 said:   thenew3 said:   Installed 8 of these in my kitchen remodel last month. They are super bright! Although they compare them to 65 watt equivalent, they are closer to 100 watts (in my opinion).

The description states 575 lumens. On my GE's 100w CFL bulg, it states 1750 lumens. Isn't the lumens (brightness) the same whether it is a LED or CFL bulb?

TIA

Lumens are supposed to be comparable. However, the reflector can determine a lot about your amount of thrown light.

I just replaced a 825 Lumen fluorescent lamp with a 940 Lumen LED and the LED is noticeably dimmer. This is because the fluorescent had a good reflector that sent all the light right where I needed it, while my LED lamp is throwing light downward where I don't need it.

I wouldn't call a CREE CR6 equivalent to a 100W. 65W is more like it. There is a CREE LR6 if you want more light but I don't recommend it, it doesn't dim as well and it flickers very slightly at low dim levels.

That 100W CFL you have won't really throw twice as much light as a 875 Lumen bulb because the lamp is so pretzeled up it throws a significant amount of light back upon itself. Still, it will be brighter than lower-rated similar bulbs.

Picked these up for $19.97 yesterday @ Manchester Home Depot, CT.
Looks nice!

Edit: Link on OP's post also brings this price up now.

$24.97 Eastside Seattle, too.

at 24.95 again i pick up 24 of them

$26 in San Diego (Balboa store)

Any Black Friday Deals going on for these lights?

Home Depot now has these in 5000k in blue boxes. I saw them in 4" and 6" they did not have a pricing tag yet.

4" is 846001
6" is 845656

I don't know if we will see the great deals on these as most power company rebates are on warm white bulbs only.

They also came out with new packaging for these. Same SKU but the box now states 50 more Lumens at 625. Wattage stays the same at 9.5

I just installed five recessed lights in my condo and ordered five CREE CR6's from energyfederation.org (EFI) which has partnered with my and what looks like quite a few energy suppliers in the Northeast.
With my states subsidy they come out to $26.95 http://www.energyfederation.org/estarlights/default.php/cPath/42...
I know that these are the same as the EcoSmart 6's but I did like getting the 5 year warranty that comes with the CREE branded bulbs.
The EcoSmarts are currently running $24.97 at my Home Depot. Any thoughts on whether it is worth spending the couple extra dollars for the warranty?

Just picked up $475 worth of these last night. Ugh, but they are nice lights.

In NY the bright white (blue box) are $2 more than softwhite. $23.xx to $25.xx

macdave said:   Home Depot now has these in 5000k in blue boxes. I saw them in 4" and 6" they did not have a pricing tag yet.

4" is 846001
6" is 845656

I don't know if we will see the great deals on these as most power company rebates are on warm white bulbs only.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014