• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw this deal noted for purchase at OfficeMax plus tax ($32.50 for me. Saw same price at Amazon with free ship and no tax, available with PRIME shipping too.

Member Summary

HP Pavilion p7-1235 Desktop
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
anyone get it up and running and enjoy it?

Ramius (Jul. 30, 2012 @ 8:22a) |

Hi Ramius. I received my Pavilion p7-1235 3 days ago and love it. It is lightning fast (to me).
The Windows Experience sc... (more)

wilsrjr (Aug. 01, 2012 @ 9:01p) |

I got my computer but where is the $50 cash card, anyone??

iSeeInPics (Aug. 06, 2012 @ 8:13a) |

• Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

No tax for YOU, maybe. Scamazon has been charging tax here for years, and if they have their way they'll be charging tax in all 50 soon. Enjoy it while you still have it.

GlassVial said:   No tax for YOU, maybe. Scamazon has been charging tax here for years, and if they have their way they'll be charging tax in all 50 soon. Enjoy it while you still have it.

Obviously you don't like Amazon (??) but if it were up to them, they wouldn't collect it anywhere. They don't get a penny of the tax, and it costs them money to have to collect it. It is the states that are trying to get their grubby little fingers in for a cut. As much as it looks like you are trying to, you can't put that on Amazon.

OP should remove No Tax from the subject, unless that is true for everyone, it just adds confusion.

Thanks to our state comptroller, we have to pay tax in Texas now. Thanks a lot!! I'll be sure to NOT vote for you for whatever office you run for in the future. STUPID!!!!

uthorns1976 said:   Thanks to our state comptroller, we have to pay tax in Texas now. Thanks a lot!! I'll be sure to NOT vote for you for whatever office you run for in the future. STUPID!!!!

Rule #1 about any politician. They don't care if you say you're going to vote
for them or not. If they have enough money to buy other votes, yours means less.

Not to mention, they still don't care, they're getting more of your money through
the taxes.

But whatever, this is a good deal, despite all the pissing and moaning about taxes.
Scumbag politician comes to party, and leaves with your wallet, always.

stiltner said:   uthorns1976 said:   Thanks to our state comptroller, we have to pay tax in Texas now. Thanks a lot!! I'll be sure to NOT vote for you for whatever office you run for in the future. STUPID!!!!

for them or not. If they have enough money to buy other votes, yours means less.

Not to mention, they still don't care, they're getting more of your money through
the taxes.

But whatever, this is a good deal, despite all the pissing and moaning about taxes.
Plus, voter fraud is rampant. Incumbents have the benefit of a rigged system. And as shown in the case of Ron Paul, if the party establishment doesn't like you, they just cheat you of your legitimate votes.

There is no such thing as "democracy". That's just a mind-control mechanism to protect the lives of the two-party dictatorship duopoly installed by those that create the money.

So much anger.

Sorry to tell you FW'ers that in fact in many cases you STILL have to pay tax to THE MAN even if a site doesn't charge you tax...........

uthorns1976 said:   Thanks to our state comptroller, we have to pay tax in Texas now. Thanks a lot!! I'll be sure to NOT vote for you for whatever office you run for in the future. STUPID!!!!

I can tell that you do not know the word "compromise". Amazon is going to build a much larger presence in Texas. This means local government taxes and JOBS! Everything in life is a give and take. Why do you think Washington D.C. is so screwy right now? No one wants to compromise!

diswes said:   Sorry to tell you FW'ers that in fact in many cases you STILL have to pay tax to THE MAN even if a site doesn't charge you tax...........

That's the truth, just because the website doesn't collects it people think they do not have to pay it. You are supposed to but it in your tax returns. Imagine if everyone in the USA receives a "Taxes Due" notice from their local tax authority for the past 15 years of internet shopping. I can imagine a lot of people going broke!

delzy said:   stiltner said:   uthorns1976 said:   Thanks to our state comptroller, we have to pay tax in Texas now. Thanks a lot!! I'll be sure to NOT vote for you for whatever office you run for in the future. STUPID!!!!

the taxes.

Plus, voter fraud is rampant. Incumbents have the benefit of a rigged system. And as shown in the case of Ron Paul, if the party establishment doesn't like you, they just cheat you of your legitimate votes.

There is no such thing as "democracy". That's just a mind-control mechanism to protect the lives of the two-party dictatorship duopoly installed by those that create the money.

And add to that list that one vote is not necessarily one vote... The Electoral College is the biggest scam in US politics. It is an outdated system formed when there were no lines of long range communication in the land. Why do they keep using it? They love the power... BTW, the US is a Republic, not a Democracy.

REPUBLIC

A state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.

DEMOCRACY

Government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.

Now I ask you, doesn't our government sounds like a Republic? Once we elect our representatives they can do whatever they want...

Richardito said:   

And add to that list that one vote is not necessarily one vote... The Electoral College is the biggest scam in US politics. It is an outdated system formed when there were no lines of long range communication in the land. Why do they keep using it? They love the power... BTW, the US is a Republic, not a Democracy.

REPUBLIC

A state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.

DEMOCRACY

Government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.

Now I ask you, doesn't our government sounds like a Republic? Once we elect our representatives they can do whatever they want...
The USA was formed as a Constitutional Republic governed with Democratic principles. It was designed that the fundamental principals laid out in the Constitution are the Supreme Laws of the Land. When Lincoln suspended the Constitution to protect the Union, he effectively destroyed the Constitutional Republic experiment. He proved that men in power can be subservient to NO Rule of Law. As such, the experiment has failed and we here in the US live under a two-party, dictatorial duopoly that tramples our rights at every excuse and puts the rights of "groups" over the rights of individuals. The country has been lost for generations, but the social controllers keep the brainwashed believing it is still "their" country.

I wonder who said: But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.

Love it or hate it, AMZN will end up charging tax is many more states. As long as they have a physical location in that state, they have to charge tax.

Their next push is same-day delivery. To decrease delivery time, they have to create distribution centers closer to the buyers. Distribution centers are planned for Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Slate article explaining this.

BTW, thanks for the post OP.

Amazon price $549 now.

But it was a great post OP.

Green.

signweb said: Amazon price $549 now.

Still $449 on Amazon, you have to look at More Buying Choices on the right hand side of the screen.

Still 449 at Amazon but 2-4 week wait.

Still live on OfficeMax with free shipping. Ships in one to three days.

http://www.officemax.com/technology/computers/desktop-computers/...

How is this when compared to I7? some one wanted an I7 laptop for whatever reason. Can this even be compared?

TIA

mugambo said:   How is this when compared to I7? some one wanted an I7 laptop for whatever reason. Can this even be compared?

TIA

No it can't compare; as its a desktop, not a laptop.

Marlin1975 said:   mugambo said:   How is this when compared to I7? some one wanted an I7 laptop for whatever reason. Can this even be compared?

TIA

No it can't compare; as its a desktop, not a laptop.

Thanks, I misread that. Sorry, please ignore my post

Would this be good to upgrade later on with a better video card and another hard drive?

the features say this: 1020GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
but the specs say this: 1TB (7200RPM) SATA

Edit:

has USB3.0 ports also:
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-pa...

4 USB 2.0 & 2 USB 3.0 ports (Back)
2 USB 3.0 ports (Front)

300W Power supply
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03359127&tm...

04BBGTO said:   signweb said: Amazon price $549 now.

Still $449 on Amazon, you have to look at More Buying Choices on the right hand side of the screen.

I stand corrected, thank you 04BBGTO. Never thought Amazon would favor less its own lower price.

No HDMI?

tabz36 said:   No HDMI?

Yeah, but I guess you can add a video card:

Expansion Slots:
1 PCI Express x16 (Gen 2.0)
3 PCI Express x1 (Gen 2.0)
1 PCI Express Mini Card (Gen 2.0)

I think the Mini Card slot is taken up.

This machine is $649 on QVC

anyone get it up and running and enjoy it?

Hi Ramius. I received my Pavilion p7-1235 3 days ago and love it. It is lightning fast (to me).
The Windows Experience score is: Processor 7.2, Memory 7.3, Graphics and Gaming Graphics (both are) 6.7, hard disk 5.9; my kids like to play Plants & Zombies, etc., and these games load in like 2-3 seconds. Internet browsing is very fast.
I might install the OCZ Synapse Cache to speed up the hard drive, but for now it's very fast without SSD Cache.
There is no HDMI, so I had to buy DVI-HDMI adapter to hook up a TV. The kids love watching movies on their computer.

I got my computer but where is the $50 cash card, anyone??

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014