• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
J&R.com PreOrder Sale + FREE SHIPPING OtterBox Cases for Samsung Galaxy S3

http://www.jr.com/product/productListing.jsp?...

OtterBox Defender $29.99 down from $44.99

Black
Grey
Atomic
Boom
Reflection

OtterBox Defender Camo $39.99 down from $49.99

OtterBox Commuter $24.99 down from $31.45

Glacier
Night Sky
Boom
Atomic

OtterBox Commuter Black $24.99 down from $34.95

Member Summary

OTTERBOX Defender & Commuter Cases (46.92kB)
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Just a heads up, I own one of these for the Galaxy S2 and the echo is terrible. I've replaced the case with a different one of the same variety only to find it was identical. I did some research and they are known to have this problem. There are a ton of reviews indicating this. I can't say if it is the plastic, the gap between the phone and the plastic, or some unknown issue / combo of issues. I'd wait to see how the reviews look on this one to be on the safe side.

Diztronic. Close thread.

I had an OtterBox defender for an evo4g and it broke into pieces like the $1 of cheap chinese plastic it is. Don't waste your time

coolbreeze said:   Diztronic. Close thread.
That's the case I'm using: LINK

Since this phone is already pretty big I didn't want to bulk it up too much. I just wanted something for scratch protection and with a slight lip around the front so I can put it face down without touching the screen.

The Diztronic case is exactly want I wanted and it came with a high quality screen protector (it doesn't go to the very edge of the phone but that works out because the S3 has a slightly curved screen at the ends and it provide enough room so the case won't bunch up if you take it off and on). And I say high quality because some cheap screen protectors refract back banded colors or have a surface finish that makes finger movements feel sluggish, not at all the issue with the one they give you with the case.

scrouds said:   I had an OtterBox defender for an evo4g and it broke into pieces like the $1 of cheap chinese plastic it is. Don't waste your time

I totally disagree. I have defenders on both iphones and they are great cases. Big but great. And if your case fell apart like you claim, call OtterBox and they will send you for free whatever parts failed. Unless of course yours is a fake.

breaux124 said:   coolbreeze said:   Diztronic. Close thread.
That's the case I'm using: LINK

Since this phone is already pretty big I didn't want to bulk it up too much. I just wanted something for scratch protection and with a slight lip around the front so I can put it face down without touching the screen.

The Diztronic case is exactly want I wanted and it came with a high quality screen protector (it doesn't go to the very edge of the phone but that works out because the S3 has a slightly curved screen at the ends and it provide enough room so the case won't bunch up if you take it off and on). And I say high quality because some cheap screen protectors refract back banded colors or have a surface finish that makes finger movements feel sluggish, not at all the issue with the one they give you with the case.

i agree, i was in the market for a case + screen protector for my new s3 and i narrowed it down to either

a. ringke case by rearth + ringbo screen protector by rearth
b. diztronic case w/ screen protector included

i thought i would chance the screen protector and ended up getting the diztronic cuz it was the cheaper option, and got it straight from their site because i didn't want to spend 25 bucks for free shipping on Amazon (shipping was only 2 bucks and i got it in 3 days). and like breaux124 said, the screen protector is top notch, it applies easily and does not reflect bands and is not sticky/tacky to the touch. as for the case, i give it a 10/10. it feels great, hardly adds any bulk to the s3, while providing a much needed grip so it doesn't slip out of your hands (and believe me, it almost did a few times the first week when i used my phone without the cover!)

I've got my evo 4g wrapped in the commuter, and haven't had any issues in the year and a half that i've had it. I did however cut off the port cover flap thing on the bottom. That is the only part of it that i'd change. That part of it just kind of flaps around, and rather than have it tear off, i just cut it off.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014