• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was cleaning out my garage yesterday and had a couple of old stair lift batteries sitting in the corner. I looked up where I could take the batteries for recycling and saw Advance Auto was on the list. When I took them in and ask the csr if they would accept them, he said, "Sure, and we'll give you $5 credit for each of them."

I knew that they would charge you a core charge when you purchased a battery and refund that when you brought the old one in, but I never knew they would pay for old batteries. I didn't ask if there were any limits or conditions - but if you have old batteries lying around, cash them in.

Advance Auto Parts
Need a Advance Auto Parts coupon that earns 5.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Advance Auto (2.85kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

FYI Junk yards / car recycling will usually pay more depending on how many batteries you have.

I didnt know they did that but core credit from purchase of a new battery is
$12 for full size car batteries so might better save them, if you might want a new
battery in the future.

Our local Interstate battery store has a sign out front with the current buying price. Usually $6-8 dollars.
I know most of the chain parts stores do this as well. They might pay a bit more as a core instead of buy.

Thanks, this is good to know since Advanced Auto is right down the street. I prefer to go to a place that is close to home than drive across town to get a dollar more. Green for you!

scrap yards here in lower ny buying them for 13-15$ each

last one i brought in here in kansas got $20

Sears Auto used to offer $10 for old batteries last year.
dont know if they are anymore

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014