• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
El Linko

New in white box.

Enter code freeship2 for free shipping.

Use sumdis12 FW coupon to bring it down to 46.75 (from 55$)

Has 8 Gigs of internal memory.

Info from website:

No phone plan subscription is required.
The Palm Pre is a CDMA 800 / 1900 MHz smartphone. It works with Sprint's wireless service.

Features :

Bluetooth version 2.1 with EDR wireless technology.
3.1-inch capacitive touchscreen display and full QWERTY keyboard.
3-megapixel camera/camcorder with LED flash.
Palm Synergy feature brings Outlook, Google, and Facebook calendars and contacts together for one logical view, and groups conversations with the same person in one chat-style view.
Web browser.
Text messaging (SMS).
Multimedia messaging (MMS).
Email client.
Alarm.
Calendar.
Calculator.
To-Do list.
Ringtones.
Vibrate mode.
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g.
Speakerphone.
Games.
Specifications :

Platform : Palm's webOS
Supported Bluetooth profiles : HSP 1.1, HFP 1.5, PBA, A2DP, AVRC, PAN
Display resolution : 320 x 480 pixels
Dimensions (H x W x D) : 101mm x 60mm x 17mm
Weight : 135g
Internal memory : 8GB
Connector : MicroUSB
Antenna : Internal
Package Includes :

Palm Pre Smartphone For Sprint Wireless - White Box Pack
Lithium-ion Battery
Travel Charger
User Guide

Cell Phone Shop
See Cell Phone Shop coupons that earn 7.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Palm Pre
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Cell Phone Shop Coupons:
    CPSOCT14
    10% off any order (expires 10/21/14 4:59am)
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Palm
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does Sprint consider this a smartphone?

fsiphoto said:   Does Sprint consider this a smartphone?

Regretfully yes, so it gets charged the additional $10 a month like other smartphones.

sauceyapple said:   fsiphoto said:   Does Sprint consider this a smartphone?

Regretfully yes, so it gets charged the additional $10 a month like other smartphones.

Thanks, was looking for a decent phone to add on the family plan for my kids that didn't have the $10 surcharge. Choices are pretty limited.

sauceyapple said:   fsiphoto said:   Does Sprint consider this a smartphone?

Thanks for your insight. Would you also know if this can work on Page Plus/ Verizon network?

fsiphoto,

my son has a samsung reclaim. it has email, txting, full keyboard (very small) not a phone i would use but for my son to start on to see how he did with one it has worked well. Plus dh got an iphone 4s on my sons line but then he kept it and moved that phone to his line and we sold dh's old evo and then bought the reclaim outright for $30 or so off eBay and it has worked well with no problems for him. It does not charge the $10 smart phone fee either which is another reason we went with it. Another option my mom has the samsung replenish it is a smart phone but no $10 fee either since its a green phone made from recycled stuff. It works okay again not a phone i would want but for a kid it would work.

It does have to be activated, but once activated it works on wifi without a plan. I got one of these used for 30 bucks last year, it had been activated by the prior owner with the account canceled, in airplane mode it works great on wifi basically as a small ipod touch with a keyboard. Nice but small screen. Stitcher, Tunein, browser, games, email, twitter etc. There's at least a thousand Pre apps and if you install Preware (homebrew installer) then it really opens it up.

I use this to listen to podcasts all the time. OK speaker for this purpose.

One issue is no memory expansion, but then again neither does an Ipod Touch.

Really big benefit: You can get an inductive charger with back (like the touchstone for the Touchpad) for less than 15 bucks if you look around.

I recall from the boards when I got it that people were able to activate it with some kind of a cheap prepaid card for just this purpose.

I used one like this for a year and I really liked it. Mine is rooted and the homebrew apps are awesome indeed. I still have it around so if anyone is interested send me a PM, It's yours for $30. Thanks.

Richardito said:   I used one like this for a year and I really liked it. Mine is rooted and the homebrew apps are awesome indeed. I still have it around so if anyone is interested send me a PM, It's yours for $30. Thanks.

How is the sound quality for MP3's? 30$ for an 8 gig player with a web browser seems like a good deal for someone...

GudSpellur said:   Richardito said:   I used one like this for a year and I really liked it. Mine is rooted and the homebrew apps are awesome indeed. I still have it around so if anyone is interested send me a PM, It's yours for $30. Thanks.

How is the sound quality for MP3's? 30$ for an 8 gig player with a web browser seems like a good deal for someone...

The quality of the speaker is good. I'm a big fan of the QWERTY slide out keyboard which makes it excellent for emails and text messages.

Where does it say "new"?
White box sounds more like refurb at best.

fallenheart said:   Where does it say "new"?

I took the time to read the Q&A.

GudSpellur said:   fallenheart said:   Where does it say "new"?

I took the time to read the Q&A.

Fair enough. I might jump in for one. I really loved pixi. It would be a nice back up phone if something happens to my current phone.

GudSpellur said:   El Linko

New in white box.

Enter code freeship2 for free shipping.

Use sumdis12 FW coupon to bring it down to 46.75 (from 55$)

How do I get both free shipping and sumdis12 15% off? Both work, but each one removes the other.

Deal expires in 2 hours.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.