• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832105977

Adobe Lightroom 4.0 Student and Teacher
$20 off w/ promo code BTS977, limited offer

If you qualify this is the lowest price in over a month and the last deal I saw was $64.99 shipped. This deal works out to $59.99 shipped. Plus Newegg.com CashBack!

Eligible persons include:
University and college students - students enrolled at a higher education institution defined as an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study
Primary and secondary school students - students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction
Faculty and staff - teachers and staff employed by an accredited primary or secondary school, public or private university or college, school district, or board of education (including
emeritus status professors)
Homeschooled students and their teachers - students and teachers as defined by state homeschooling regulations

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Adobe Lightroom 4.0
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

can we simply use a .edu account to register it or do we need to provide other proofs.

In for one!
antifozy said:   can we simply use a .edu account to register it or do we need to provide other proofs.
According to Newegg you will have to email an image of your student ID to Adobe to register it.

Any report card will do. My middle schooler 'bought' one of the big packages a few months back on the 80% off blowout of CS 5.5. Just had to scan and send in his report card.

hmm... guess I will have to pass. Wife just started her residency at a mediacal school, Even though she has an edu account, I don't think she will qualify as a student.

I grabbed my copy of CS 6 student edition and only had to use my .edu email address for verification. Would probably be fine. I wanted Lightroom and CS6 and this is a good deal for LR.

In for 1. Can we still get FatWallet CashBack even with a coupon code?

Mine was reported so we'll see...now that I've said that I am sure it will disappear...

Has anyone purchased academic Adobe software through Newegg before? With other sites, you buy the software and then verify your educational status with Adobe after the fact. Newegg asks a few questions before they let the purchase go through. Here they are:

Please enter your Academic Information (*required fields):
Your Name*
School/Institution Name*
School/Institution ID Number*
Your Zip/Postal Code

They talk about the fact you can buy the product for yourself or someone else. If you want to purchase this as a gift for an educator or student, do you put their info in here? Does anyone know what School/Institution ID number means? Does every school has some particular ID or are they talking about the student's ID number? You can purchase this software for primary school students but more often than not they don't have ID cards with a number.

This is rather frustrating. I called Newegg and the guy who answered didn't seem to have a clue. He simply read the website out loud to me and couldn't answer any questions regarding their policy.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!

I looked up the school id using a quick search even though I did not know my school number. I think that this is just for neweggs record keeping purposes.

pnwwildcat said:   Does anyone know what School/Institution ID number means? Does every school has some particular ID or are they talking about the student's ID number?

I've never purchased education software from Newegg, but I'm assuming they are looking for the NCES School ID number.

NCES: Search for Schools, Colleges and Libraries

Got it today, only needed a .edu email address to get the product key. Got the the code instantly with the a .edu. If you don't have one it asks for an upload of some verifying information like a school ID or something.

Also deal is still active in case anyone missed it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014