• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Unlock Card for iPhone 4S
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Order expedite shipping for $1.99 that arrives in less than a week or so.

apnagirish (Sep. 27, 2012 @ 9:02a) |

Other problem is CAN NOT SEND SMS

kenwallet (Sep. 27, 2012 @ 9:32a) |

Is there any reason why people are still using/buying Unlock SIM card? In eBay lot of guys are unlocking permanently fo... (more)

moddalsathi (Oct. 06, 2012 @ 11:10p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

1. My this unlock card didn't fit T-Mobile Network sim card in worldwide
2. Canada Fido locked iPhone 4S didn't support by my R-sim 3rd card

Successful unlocking should meet 2 requests:
A. Your 4S must be GSM locked 4S (such as AT&T locked exclude Fido locked 4S)
B. You must use GSM carrier Sim card (exclude T-Mobile sim)

Last time I bought this R-Sim III to unlock my 4S version 5.1.1 and it work.
The only down time is you have to wait three weeks shipping.
Thanks,

Dang....looks like this will not work on iPhone 4.
Any cheap options for iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 ?

Does anyone know if this is better then the Gevey?

The Gevey is $11.50 shipped from Florida on eBay if you don't want to wait: LINK

imtiaz78 said:   Dang....looks like this will not work on iPhone 4.
Any cheap options for iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 ?


this worked for me: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=21501

so would you need to buy another unlock card every time there's an OS/baseband upgrade? or is this a permanent unlock?

"not support CDMA locked 4S (such as Sprint, Verizon locked 4S)"

nabixlholdings said:   imtiaz78 said:   Dang....looks like this will not work on iPhone 4.
Any cheap options for iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 ?


this worked for me: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=21501


Not anymore..

in for 1 thanks

frenchy said:   "not support CDMA locked 4S (such as Sprint, Verizon locked 4S)"

Well, not supported because CDMA based phones don't use SIM cards.

atomicfire said:   frenchy said:   "not support CDMA locked 4S (such as Sprint, Verizon locked 4S)"

Well, not supported because CDMA based phones don't use SIM cards.


still good to make it clear - the cdma based phones still support SIMs.

atomicfire said:   frenchy said:   "not support CDMA locked 4S (such as Sprint, Verizon locked 4S)"

Well, not supported because CDMA based phones don't use SIM cards.


Actually many do but they are locked out when in the USA unless you hack the phone.

salehdidit said:   atomicfire said:   frenchy said:   "not support CDMA locked 4S (such as Sprint, Verizon locked 4S)"

Well, not supported because CDMA based phones don't use SIM cards.


still good to make it clear - the cdma based phones still support SIMs.


Moot point because if you're talking about a CSIM (SIM for CDMA) - Verizon and Sprint will only activate devices that originated from their network. You simply cannot activate a non-Verizon device on the Verizon CDMA network. Same with Sprint, with some exceptions for phone coming from CDMA Boost Mobile. It's not that phone phone itself doesn't work with the network or locked; Verizon and Sprint's computers will not allow you to activate the MSID/ESN.

adb remount
fastboot oem unlock

thunderstruck said:   adb remount
fastboot oem unlock


As an Android phone owner (Nexus S 4G), I love your post. It was the first thing I did to my phone after taking it out of the box.

Also of note, this unlocks the bootloader, not the phone. Aren't Nexus phones unlocked from the factory? I can't seem to remember, since I have a CDMA phone.

Awesome! in 4 one.

thunderstruck said:   adb remount
fastboot oem unlock


If you are going to troll, at least do it right. This is a bootloader unlock and unrelated to the sim. It mostly will only work on Nexus grade devices (some companies lock it down like Motorola) and it will void your warranty as it almost can never be undone.

just to be super duper clear...the Sprint iphone 4s is a world phone that has a sim port and is sim-unlocked. u do not need to unlock a spring iphone 4s to use it with att or tmo.

Does this work for Iphone4 NOT Iphone4S ?

hookinitup said:   just to be super duper clear...the Sprint iphone 4s is a world phone that has a sim port and is sim-unlocked. u do not need to unlock a spring iphone 4s to use it with att or tmo.

My understanding is different. Yes, Sprint will unlock the SIM, if you ask, but only for international use. This international unlock will not allow you to use the Sprint iPhone on ATT / Straight Talk / T-Mobile / etc.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetreviews/sprint-unlocks-iphone-4s-sim-card-confusion/27899
"Sprintís policy is to have the iPhone 4S SIM locked to our network domestically and internationally. At launch, the International SIM will be unlocked. We do expect a SIM lock to be pushed to the devices shortly after launch. We will then allow existing customers in good standing to unlock the SIM for international use if needed in the future."

FYI, AT&T unlocks iPhones that were on their service. I think the only requirement is that you had to have been their customer at one point. I had an iPhone 3GS and cancelled service with them a year ago. I'm now using Straight Talk and contacted AT&T to unlock my phone and they did.

Beginning Sunday, April 8, we will offer qualifying customers the ability to unlock their AT&T iPhones. The only requirements are that a customer's account must be in good standing, their device cannot be associated with a current and active term commitment on an AT&T customer account, and they need to have fulfilled their contract term, upgraded under one of our upgrade policies or paid an early termination fee.

delete

darlamack said:   FYI, AT&T unlocks iPhones that were on their service. I think the only requirement is that you had to have been their customer at one point. I had an iPhone 3GS and cancelled service with them a year ago. I'm now using Straight Talk and contacted AT&T to unlock my phone and they did.

Beginning Sunday, April 8, we will offer qualifying customers the ability to unlock their AT&T iPhones. The only requirements are that a customer's account must be in good standing, their device cannot be associated with a current and active term commitment on an AT&T customer account, and they need to have fulfilled their contract term, upgraded under one of our upgrade policies or paid an early termination fee.



Got grade 7 iPhone 4 from CowBoom for my daughter. Gevey card from fleabay BUT it did not work on the latest iPhone OS with modem firmware 04.12.01 especially on T-Mobile (well known issue).

So contacted AT&T and asked for unlock code and AT&T unlocked it for me FREE! It took about 10 days after I provided the IMEI # and faxed CowBoom receipt. What helped me is that I'm a current iPhone 4 AT&T customer thru my work.

f2000sa said:   1. My this unlock card didn't fit T-Mobile Network sim card in worldwide
2. Canada Fido locked iPhone 4S didn't support by my R-sim 3rd card

Successful unlocking should meet 2 requests:
A. Your 4S must be GSM locked 4S (such as AT&T locked exclude Fido locked 4S)
B. You must use GSM carrier Sim card (exclude T-Mobile sim)


I agree with it.
Someone also initially sold its iPhone 4S with the SIM unlocked.

Is this better than Gevey Ultra S card? I used a gevey SIM to unlock AT&T iPhone 4S to use with T-Mobile. It mostly works, but I can't send SMS messages.

Also, aplenberry refuses tech support for anyone who didn't buy gevey directly from them (e.g. from resellers). Will they provide support if we buy it from Meritline?

minidanas said:   Is this better than Gevey Ultra S card? I used a gevey SIM to unlock AT&T iPhone 4S to use with T-Mobile. It mostly works, but I can't send SMS messages.


I got the unlock code from AT&T and it works like a charm on T-Mobile including text. You might want to contact AT&T too. It was REAL easy as just connect the iPhone and restore and voila UNLOCKED.

I could not unlock iPhone4 with Gevey Ultra S with latest OS and modem firmware 4.12.01 - this is well know prob. My daughter upgraded the OS and firmware before I got the Gevey Ultra S and it was not possible to turn back the OS or firmware (iTunes won't allow this).

On September 23rd T-Mobile, a mobile operator owned by Germanyís Deutsche Telekom, presented its new phone, the G1, which is made by HTC, a Taiwanese manufacturer

BPH789 said:   minidanas said:   Is this better than Gevey Ultra S card? I used a gevey SIM to unlock AT&T iPhone 4S to use with T-Mobile. It mostly works, but I can't send SMS messages.


I got the unlock code from AT&T and it works like a charm on T-Mobile including text. You might want to contact AT&T too.


I wish I could just get an unlock code from AT&T. Then I wouldn't be looking for cheat SIM cards. The problem is, the phone is still under contract with AT&T (not my contract, of course).

minidanas said:   BPH789 said:   minidanas said:   Is this better than Gevey Ultra S card? I used a gevey SIM to unlock AT&T iPhone 4S to use with T-Mobile. It mostly works, but I can't send SMS messages.


I got the unlock code from AT&T and it works like a charm on T-Mobile including text. You might want to contact AT&T too.


I wish I could just get an unlock code from AT&T. Then I wouldn't be looking for cheat SIM cards. The problem is, the phone is still under contract with AT&T (not my contract, of course).


Do you know the person who's contract its under? If so have them do it.

Once unlocked, do we have to keep using the new SIM card with this RSIM Tray. Or once you unlock, take it out and you are free to use any other SIM card in the iPhone's original tray.

imtiaz78 said:   Dang....looks like this will not work on iPhone 4.
Any cheap options for iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 ?



Hi,
You can unlock your iPhone4 using Remote unlocking in the site Wickedunlock.com.Here you can unlock your iPhone with Latest Baseband and firmware.So You can try this site.They are cheap and reliable.I Unlocked my mobile using this site.So I suggest you to view this site for more Details....

Tried last night on my iPhone 4S and it worked like a charm. Hurrah!!!
Thanks OP!

apnagirish said:   Tried last night on my iPhone 4S and it worked like a charm. Hurrah!!!
Thanks OP!

Can you tell us more? Is the phone now "Permanently" unlocked? If you upgrade to iOS6, is it going to stay unlocked?

scoobydooby said:   thunderstruck said:   adb remount
fastboot oem unlock


If you are going to troll, at least do it right. This is a bootloader unlock and unrelated to the sim. It mostly will only work on Nexus grade devices (some companies lock it down like Motorola) and it will void your warranty as it almost can never be undone.

It does warn you that it will void the warranty after you do it, but the command do undo it is (not surprisingly):

"fastboot oem lock"

And it works. I've done it with my Nexus S 4G (Sprint). You'll find plenty of people who've done it before they've submitted their phone for warranty repair.

And now back to your iPhone conversation...

Anyone with an iPhone 4 or 4S is wasting their time using a SIM unlock card like this IMO. You can get your AT&T iPhone factory unlocked for around $8 on feeBay. You don't have to do anything other than connect it to iTunes and it's a permanent unlock that does not trick the phone into being unlocked. It's actually unlocked! No shipping, no hassles.

FatMember said:   apnagirish said:   Tried last night on my iPhone 4S and it worked like a charm. Hurrah!!!
Thanks OP!

Can you tell us more? Is the phone now "Permanently" unlocked? If you upgrade to iOS6, is it going to stay unlocked?



The chip unlocks (allows) iPhone 4S to be used with non AT&T sim card as and currently supports iOS 5. I am going to test it on iPhone 4S iOS 6 tomorrow with my friend's cellphone. I didn't want to update and loose the unlocked capability.

Will let you know when I find out.

OSSY said:   Anyone with an iPhone 4 or 4S is wasting their time using a SIM unlock card like this IMO. You can get your AT&T iPhone factory unlocked for around $8 on feeBay. You don't have to do anything other than connect it to iTunes and it's a permanent unlock that does not trick the phone into being unlocked. It's actually unlocked! No shipping, no hassles.


Could you please provide a proper link of the site you mentioned to unlock the iPhone.
thanks in advance.

Skipping 12 Messages...
Is there any reason why people are still using/buying Unlock SIM card? In eBay lot of guys are unlocking permanently for $6 . Is there any difference?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014