Just spotted this post. Good thing the deal is dead.
Anyone who would buy an off-brand pepper spray and HOPE that it works when you need it, is crazy.
Especially when there are great choices on Amazon for the same or less money. Check out Fox Labs or Sabre sprays.
Sabre for $7.30 shipped from Amazon:
From the Sabre website:
TOP 5 FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING PEPPER SPRAY:
1. Professional Grade – Commonly referred to by law enforcement and correction officers as an OC spray which is short for Oleoresin Capsicum, it is wise to choose a pepper spray brand which is carried by many police forces and proven effective.
2. Guaranteed Heat – Security Equipment Corporation is the only self defense spray manufacturer which operates a High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) laboratory to scientifically ensure the heat specifications of every SABRE & SABRE RED canister. SABRE’s HPLC Guarantee is the pepper spray industry’s number one advantage because the University of Utah confirmed that without an HPLC Guarantee, pepper sprays fail 30% of the time due to inconsistent heat levels!
3. ISO 9001:2008 Certification – This is the best third party quality control endorsement a manufacturer can achieve. When you purchase pepper spray, you’re making a serious purchase or investment because your life or that of a loved one could one day depend on the product you choose. ISO certification is an excellent sign that the product is reputable and effective.
4. Personal Safety Training Program – Do you know how to use pepper spray? Do you have a safety plan? Do you know how to discourage potential threats, how to pass the attacker’s test and how to operate in condition yellow? Do you know what the attacker’s advantage is and how to protect yourself against that advantage? What if you are your loves ones faced a threat right now, would each of you be able to take control of the situation and protect yourselves effectively? Want to purchase a great pepper spray, choose a product made by a company which also offers a personal safety training program to help maximize your safety and that of your loved ones.
5. Company History – Take a few minutes to investigate the company whose products you are considering. Warning – most pepper spray brands outsource the manufacturing to the lowest bidder. These companies do not offer HPLC Technology to scientifically ensure capsaicinoid or heat consistency. Will you be able to get in touch with the manufacturer should you have any problems? What is the expiration date of the spray? A good spray will have at least a three year shelf life. By from a reputable company which stands behind its products and has a track record of success.