• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Shoprunner-- Get an EXTRA 90-Days of FREE 2-Day Shipping when you setup Shoprunner Central--works for current membersLogged in my account on Shoprunner website today and in the Order History section there is a new service called Shoprunner central.
They give you extra 3-months of Shoprunner membership if you sign up for it.
It is free and you can cancel anytime, the only thing they need is your gmail or yahoo account.
This is not a new trial membership, but extension of whatever Shoprunner membership you have now.
I got the free 1-yr membership from AMEX last year and which expires 12/1/2012, now it expires 3/1/2013.

FAQ from Shoprunner website on Shoprunner Central:

Shoprunner Central
What is Shoprunner Central and why should I sign up?

Shoprunner Central is a free benefit to Shoprunner members that simplifies your shopping and organizes all your receipts in one place. Shoprunner Central enables you to:

Organize your receipts easily with no set-up
View all of your purchase history in one secure place
Receive notices of shipping dates and changes
Be eco-friendly because now you can always ask for electronic receipts

How does Shoprunner Central get my receipts and organize my shopping?

Shoprunner Central extracts useful information from the receipts and other communications our supported retailers email you. We combine that with information from the retailers about their return policies. Then we organize all of that information into a useful dashboard that keeps track of all of your purchases from everywhere.

I don't use Yahoo or Gmail - can I still sign up for Shoprunner Central?

Shoprunner Central automatically organizes receipts stored in Gmail or Yahoo Mail. Many corporate email systems actually use Gmail behind the scenes, and we do support those - if you're unsure if your system runs Gmail, just try signing up.

Shoprunner Central uses something called OAuth 2.0, an open protocol to allow secure API authorization in a simple and standard method from desktop and web applications. OAuth was developed and is supported by Twitter, Facebook, Google, and Yahoo. Unfortunately, Hotmail and other email providers do not yet support OAuth and so do not yet work with Shoprunner Central.

Why don't I see any receipts?

Shoprunner Central gathers receipts from Yahoo Mail and Gmail, and we support over 300 retailers. If you are using Yahoo Mail or Gmail for Shoprunner Central and you have receipts in your account that are not showing up on your Order History Page please email them to us at receipts@ShopRunner.com and we'll get them added. Thanks!

I get receipts in two email accounts - can I use them both?

Absolutely! On your Account Page in Shoprunner, you should see a "Shoprunner Central Manage Accounts" link in the left hand navigation. Click on Manage Accounts and then select "Add Yahoo account" or "Add Gmail account".

How private and secure is my information and purchase history?

Shoprunner Central is as secure as your email - the internet protocol we use to access your receipts means we never have your email password. The information we collect is encrypted and only accessed by a secure software process.

Shoprunner Central also never shares any of your purchases with anyone. We use only completely anonymized purchase data when we suggest products you might like. For more details on privacy, please see our privacy policy.

Which emails does Shoprunner Central organize?

Shoprunner Central organizes emails that are sent from one of our supported retailers or that have subject lines containing words like "receipt", "order confirmation", or "shipping notice". We never access any of your personal email or any commercial email unrelated to your shopping activity. All of the organization is done entirely by our secure servers without human intervention.

www.shoprunner.com

clothofss-sd

Member Summary

Logo (11.66kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Me too. I saw the earlier promo of the "make $50 purchase, get the next year of Shoprunner for $39". I made the purcha... (more)

Makido (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 5:47a) |

Shop Runner is free for 1yr today is last day try coupon RUNNER

suncityrk (Dec. 31, 2012 @ 7:46a) |

I tried this today after the cancel for 90 day extension + 1 Year after 3 purchases offer, but it didn't work. It could ... (more)

goldpiece (Feb. 04, 2013 @ 1:19a) |

If you are worried about Shoprunner having access to your email account, simply set up a dummy gmail or yahoo account and link it to that.

Massive Heads up!
While I realize most people are using throw away accounts with this, I found that Shoprunner still has access to your account, even if you "unsubscribe" from Shoprunner central.

For Yahoo Users:
Go to Manage App and Website Connections and remove Shoprunner api access!

For Gmail Users:
Go to Google Account Settings Choose Security, "Authorizing applications and sites" and "Revoke Access" for Shoprunner!

quick and easy. worked fine with a disposable gmail.

thanks OP!

NICE -- extends my free membership thru the holiday shopping season this year! BTW, how do they make money? I cannot possibly imagine paying $79 for their service when my free membership expires.

billrubin said:   NICE -- extends my free membership thru the holiday shopping season this year! BTW, how do they make money? I cannot possibly imagine paying $79 for their service when my free membership expires.
I agree $79 is too much, but I imagine they get paid through the click through and now with this product recommendation so they'll keep it free or reduced.

Interesting...did not ask for my gmail password. Still was able to match all my Shoprunner actvity.

Thanks for posting, this is awesome -- and like billrubin, this extends me through the holiday season, so it's a huge plus.

callenjr said:   Interesting...did not ask for my gmail password. Still was able to match all my Shoprunner actvity.

That is probably because you were signed in to Google Accounts (on Chrome). It works like linking to your Facebook account

callenjr said:   Interesting...did not ask for my gmail password. Still was able to match all my Shoprunner actvity.

You should have had to approve the connection. It (correctly) doesn't get your username/password, but uses oauth & the gmail API to authenticate and access your email. MUCH safer, it's revokable (you can do so from your google account here), and it doesn't expose your password to a 3rd party.

Or, in other words, nice work Shoprunner.

Even with this in the FAQ, I'm still too paranoid to give them access to ALL my e-mails:

Which emails does Shoprunner Central organize?
Shoprunner Central organizes emails that are sent from one of our supported retailers or that have subject lines containing words like "receipt", "order confirmation", or "shipping notice". We never access any of your personal email or any commercial email unrelated to your shopping activity. All of the organization is done entirely by our secure servers without human intervention.

Did not work for me. Membership was not extended.

Edit: opened a new free account, and that one got extended until October 2013.

Just extended 3 months. Thanks OP!

Green! Good till April 2013! I missed last year's free deal, but jumped on the January $1 for a year.

I am very hesitant to sign up for this... does it mean Shoprunner would have the full access to your email account to get any information if it wanted?

Yes, but you can either revoke access right away (they would have a small period of time where they could pull whatever they want) or alternatively just create a dummy gmail account.

Thanks OP, haven't used it much but have been happy to have it when I did

Thanks OP. I've used Shoprunner twice since I have had it. Free is always good.

sweet...that was easy

After seeing OPs post, I tried with my existing gmail, but membership date didn't change. Added my yahoo and wife's gmail but still no extension. Finally what worked for me was to disable Shoprunner Central and enable it again. This time I was offered that if I signup for Central I will get 90 days more. Added my gmail and it worked fine this time. Thanks!!

extended till march 2013

Thanks MISTERCHEAP

Recommend double checking auto-renewal under account settings. I thought I had turned it off but it was on.

Make sure to go into the account settings and overview and turn off Auto Renewal, after I signed up for the Central it turned renewal back on!!

Easy as pie... got the three extra months. Thanks!

Free Shoprunner from June 2011 to now Jan 2013...not too bad

Thanks opie! Green for you!

Thanks OP. I used an old Yahoo account that I use for junk mails and it worked!

Thanks got it...

I signed up when Drugstore had promo in october 2011, now extended till Jan 2013.
I had auto Renewal off when i signed up and after adding this 3 months it didn't turn on.
But its safe to have it checked.
Thanks! Green!

How did you get a 1 year free account now? TIA

uafgrad said:   Did not work for me. Membership was not extended.

Edit: opened a new free account, and that one got extended until October 2013.

Very nice find MC and thanks ! GREEN!

Gracias! I was soo worried I'd have to slow down ordering Domino's and New Egg. My fac two food types!

uafgrad, I would also like to know how you opened a free membership today. Thanks!

rlroop said:   uafgrad, I would also like to know how you opened a free membership today. Thanks!

Still had a code for one...

Thanks OP, also noticed my account was set to auto renew so I was able to disable that as well.

I use a business(ish) gmail address to log into Shoprunner, but when I signed up for Shoprunner Central I had my regular gmail account open in another tab. Shoprunner associated the opened gmail with Central rather than my login gmail. The form clearly told me what account was being accessed, I just didn't pay attention.

In any event, there does not appear to be an option to disassociate a gmail address, only to cancel Shoprunner Central entirely. So getting things the way I want them will be a PITA.

You can revoke permissions via your Google account Page. The account will still show on their site, but they won't have access to your email anymore.

Thanks OP .. easy 90 days of extension

I couldn't get the Central setup to work with Firefox 12 - it just opened an empty page. But IE9 ran it smoothly. It even worked with my email that's not @gmail.com, but another domain that uses gmail. Thanks!

Wouldn't work in Chrome or Firefox, but IE worked for me too. Added 90 days, now into March 2013.

Only used it a handful of times but free is free. Thanks OP

Not working for me in Chrome, Firefox or Safari on OS X 10.6 (sigh)

Skipping 27 Messages...
I tried this today after the cancel for 90 day extension + 1 Year after 3 purchases offer, but it didn't work. It could be because I am on the 90 day extension rather than the 1 year membership though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014