• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
coolbreeze said:   I got the Chemistry book and I don't even know why.

35 years ago, when I took it, Organic was the course that separated the chemistry majors from the sheep.

I wonder if that is still true?

coolbreeze said:   dawnmarie said:   coolbreeze said:   I got the Chemistry book and I don't even know why.

i'm still laughing at this!! i can so relate!!

Haha, it's a true story. Maybe I can do something with the incredible knowledge I'll gain from this book? I don't know. My wife said I better learn something lol.

The fact that the textbook is so cheap as a teaser for the $50-ish book with answers for the problems in the textbook is a bitter commentary on the state of the higher education.

FrugalFreak said:   00sweeney said:   pecanpie said:   
what? i left here because i was called a spammer and other not so nice things. i am testing the grounds to see if FW has become nicer. guess not.
these are all fw links. i have no gain in anything here. thank you for the red.

The red may be for cramming seven separate posts into one. Do you see anyone else doing that? There's a reason why. If you can't follow what seem to me to be fairly obvious guidelines, there is a contingent here--or anywhere online--that is going to call you out on it.

Or it may be for your condescending tone. "This is a test to see if I will post anything else." I just can't fathom what would possess you to share that little bit of passive-aggression. Thanks for putting us all on notice.

Don't invite ridicule and then act surprised when the invitation is accepted.

I have to back her up on this;
While back she posted some Amazon deals, She SPLIT them up into multiple posts and people complained about it. Make up Your frigging mind!
She is an asset to fatwallet and I for one appreciate her trying. Misery loves company I guess pecanpie.

00sweeney's 163 Member Posts vs Pecanpie's 17,098 Member Posts. I REST my case.

Without going back to verify, I assume she's the one that generated a couple dozen posts (maybe more) each one with a crappy free e-book from Amazon. The entire first page of hot deals consisted of these mostly (all to me) worthless book posts - so yes, I think folks were justified in that case to tell her to combine them all in one post

hallf said:   Without going back to verify, I assume she's the one that generated a couple dozen posts (maybe more) each one with a crappy free e-book from Amazon. The entire first page of hot deals consisted of these mostly (all to me) worthless book posts - so yes, I think folks were justified in that case to tell her to combine them all in one post

No, she is not that person. Or at least, they aren't showing up in her "recent threads", so pretty sure it's not.

hallf said:   FrugalFreak said:   00sweeney said:   pecanpie said:   
what? i left here because i was called a spammer and other not so nice things. i am testing the grounds to see if FW has become nicer. guess not.
these are all fw links. i have no gain in anything here. thank you for the red.

The red may be for cramming seven separate posts into one. Do you see anyone else doing that? There's a reason why. If you can't follow what seem to me to be fairly obvious guidelines, there is a contingent here--or anywhere online--that is going to call you out on it.

Or it may be for your condescending tone. "This is a test to see if I will post anything else." I just can't fathom what would possess you to share that little bit of passive-aggression. Thanks for putting us all on notice.

Don't invite ridicule and then act surprised when the invitation is accepted.

I have to back her up on this;
While back she posted some Amazon deals, She SPLIT them up into multiple posts and people complained about it. Make up Your frigging mind!
She is an asset to fatwallet and I for one appreciate her trying. Misery loves company I guess pecanpie.

Without going back to verify, I assume she's the one that generated a couple dozen posts (maybe more) each one with a crappy free e-book from Amazon. The entire first page of hot deals consisted of these mostly (all to me) worthless book posts - so yes, I think folks were justified in that case to tell her to combine them all in one post

Well who is gonna designate whether it is crappy or not? YOU? I think NOT. This is a collective, not just what You want served at the price You want it for. Pecanpie can not read minds rather it is crappy to You or not.

TerpBE said:   pecanpie said:   Dona Maria Ready To Serve Mole, 9.5-Ounce (Pack of 9)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00473K7T0/
$6

My kids have been wanting a hamster or guinea pig, but this seems like a great inexpensive alternative. Thanks!

... tastes like chicken

Thanks! I ordered the aprons

Thanks, I ordered the condoms.

Pecanpie is the best

Funny thing about the Chemistry book and Amazon Buy back promo! You buy for 78.06 used and you can sell it back to Amazon for 2.28, one heck of a deal! Not.

Sell Back Your Copy for $2.28
No matter where you bought them, get up to 70% back when you sell your books at Amazon.com.
Used Price$78.06
Trade-in Price$2.28

Price after
Trade-in$75.78

pecanpie said:   If the price is higher, check to the right of the page where you can order from amaz0n. Free shipping w/ $25 order min (super saver) or with prime.

Introduction to Organic Chemistry [Paperback] (sold for around $50 on e bay lately)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0470384670/
$1.54

if you bought this and received it, check the trade-in value. i think you will be PLEASANTLY surprised!

Even if i wanted nothing on this list, its a great resource for cheap items to let you hit the free shipping point for less expensive items.

thanks for the deals, keep it up!

wiredspider said:   In for an apron, guess $2 for one isn't all that bad anyway. Hoping for a dozen, lol.
Got my dozen aprons today

wiredspider said:   wiredspider said:   In for an apron, guess $2 for one isn't all that bad anyway. Hoping for a dozen, lol.

did you really get a dozen? i got one.
but i like it.

pecanpie said:   wiredspider said:   wiredspider said:   In for an apron, guess $2 for one isn't all that bad anyway. Hoping for a dozen, lol.

did you really get a dozen? i got one.
but i like it.

Yep, I keep meaning to take a pic, but keep forgetting. It comes in a box of 12.

I think the one Create the Life You Really Want (BK Life) will be suitable for me.

The Mole got a little cheaper. Has S&S for now!

Ordered the aprons, hoping for a dozen. Good donation to the senior center.
The chem books are on back order. Doubt those will hit. Who knows?
Thanks pecanpie!!

pet food will always put you over the top, assuming you have a cat or dog.

fyzutopia said:   Though many in one post, they are stil helpful. thanks!
yeah, it will be better if there are sepetately posted!

qcumber98 said:   FrugalFreak said:   

You merely proved that pecanpie is a post whore. Well done. /veggieface/

I had my posts deleted for a lot friendlier comments than that.

Love your humor on the Mole!!!!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014