• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I tried to do a search before posting this, and then I wanted to add this info but couldn't because the other thread was locked.

Until August 15, this deal is good.

There are a couple of kindles (lower-priced ones) that qualify for 40% off with code kindle40. You have to use an Amazon Visa, but others reported on the other thread for getting $50 off for opening one.

This is really what I wanted to add:

I bought one for my cousin tonight, and they offered the wall charger for $10 off the regular $19.99 price. The cheap Kindle ($79) comes only with a computer usb. I put both in the cart.

What happens is that you get 40% off for both the $79 Kindle and the $19.99 charger. Then you get the additional $10 off the charger. So I got both for $49.39, which is only slightly more than the cost of the charger alone and definitely under the $50 that supposedly you get for opening the Amazon Visa necessary to access this offer. The code with your Amazon Visa is kindle40.

Don't be mean. I tried to search and couldn't find a thread to post on. I am trying to be a productive FW citizen.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Kindle
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I was only able to get the promo code "kindle40" to work with Basic Kindle. Essentially, you get the charger for $20x0.6-$10= $2. It is a basic USB power adapter with Amazon logo printed on. I've used my cell phone and iPad charger to charge the kindle without a problem. Good price for a new basic kindle none the less.

I deleted my own comment because it didn't add anything.

you can only use this offer once so buy as many kindles as you want the first time, because you can't go back and buy more. I just tried

tiffanymiller said:   you can only use this offer once so buy as many kindles as you want the first time, because you can't go back and buy more. I just tried

That's not the behavior I'm seeing. I bought 2 on Wednesday and still see the discount reflected at the checkout page for a 3rd today.

Once you've ordered 3, however, you've gotten $94.80 of the total allowed $100 in discounts, so you'd only get $5.20 off a 4th and $0 off any beyond that.

Long story short: the limit is effectively 3, but they don't have to be in the same order.

My wife wanted the touch so we added that and the power converter. The 40% off did not work on the touch but it did on the converter for $8 off plus the $10. Maybe it will work on other kindle accessories?

Each acct. U can save up to 100 bucks. So when you've ordered 3 regular kindle, your 4th one will only get the remaining 6 dollar discount left from the 100 max. Solution? Create a new acct and use the same credit card. Worked for me. Got 6 kindles. I helped friends and family get a few.

The discount also works on covers and possibly other accessories.

We bought a new kindle, a Kindle brand case/sleeve and a Built brand sleeve. All got the 40% off.

Thanks OP. Got one

FYI, I also bought the wall charger for $10 and was disappointed to find it was only a standard usb port outlet that you can find for a few bucks everywhere. I called to return to Amazon, and they told me to keep it and did credit me.

I bought the refurbished Kindle from Amazon just under 3 months ago. Can it be returned?

Just so you know for next time, the other thread was locked because it in itself was a repost. Just under the OP (and your OP) you'll see a green bar with a message from the moderators saying it's a repost and a link to the original post. In yuyak's original post, you'll see he mentions the discount on accessories too. Not sure why this one didn't get locked.

Repost or not - this is an awesome deal, thanks OP! Missed the earlier posts, and this comes up on the top of search results when searching for "kindle".

Jumped in on (presumably) the last day.

3 basic kindles: $240
applied for a new Amazon visa: -$50 GC
"kindle40" coupon code: -$94.80
Sales Tax (NY): $12.27
-----------------------
Total for This Shipment: $104.47

How do you get $50 GC for applying Amazon VISA? I only see a $30 offer...

Can anyone tell me how to get signed up to receive these deals through Amazon. I have the Amazon card but never ever get emails with the monthly deals

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014