• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Office Depot FAR software for the week of 08/05/2012 and continuing the week of 08/12/2012

UPDATE for the week of 08/12/2012: No changes. The rebates from last week continue this week.

Two free after rebate titles with completely new rebates this week

Free after rebate titles with completely new rebates this offer period

Trend Micro Titanium AntiVirus +, Traditional Disc [720418] $39.99 LINK
++ Advertised as "FREE After $25 Mfr. Mail-In & $15 Mfr. Current User Upgrade Mail-In Savings Visa® Prepaid Card"
$25 standard rebate #12-14223 LINK
--- rebate valid from 08/05/2012 through 08/18/2012
--- Valid* UPC code from the bottom of the box (cut out from package, no photocopies will be accepted)[The UPC code and the proof of purchase are two separate items]
--- * A valid UPC begins with the numbers 733199, all other UPC do not qualify
--- copy of receipt with a Trend Micro purchase price of $25.00 or greater
$15 upgrade rebate #12-14224 LINK
--- Original Proof of Purchase seal from the top inside flap (cut out from package, no photocopies will be accepted)[The UPC code and the proof of purchase are two separate items]
--- * A valid UPC begins with the numbers 733199, all other UPC do not qualify
--- copy of receipt with a purchase price of $25.00 or greater
--- Proof of prior ownership of a retail (boxed or downloaded) stand-alone version of Trend Micro PC-cillin, or any Norton™ or McAfee™ product, by providing one of the following: product CD [photo copy generally OK], product disk (disk 1 only), title page of owner’s manual from a retail purchase, or the email confirmation for a download purchse.
++ Trend Micro rebates generally can be pre-submitted at www.rebateshq.com

McAfee® Total Protection 2012, For 3 Users, Traditional Disc [677596] $64.99 LINK
++ McAfee enforces a one per product limit on its rebates. It does not matter if the rebate has a different rebate number or offer period. The rebate invalidation message is "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process"
++ Advertised as "FREE After $15 Instant & $65 Mfr. Mail-In Savings"
$65 standard rebate #1207-99502 LINK
--- original UPC code (731944612157)
--- copy of receipt
++ McAfee rebates generally can be pre-submitted at www.mcafeerebates.com

--------------------

****ALERT ON McAfee REBATES****

McAfee enforces a one per product limit on its rebates. It does not matter if the rebate has a different rebate number or offer period. The rebate invalidation message is "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process".

--------------------

NOTES:

--- "FAR": free after rebate
--- "completely new rebates": the goal of my Office Depot rebate threads is that the rebates of any title listed in the "completely new rebates" category can be submitted without concern for past rebate submissions.
--- "standard rebate": all rebate proofs can be satisfied with the purchase of the title.
--- "upgrade rebate": at least one rebate proof requires providing a certain proof of owning a previous version of the product or a competitors' product.
--- "CONTINUING rebate": the rebate was not offered for the first time during this offer period. Please check your rebate submission history to determine whether you have submitted this rebate in the past.
--- "onbox" or "inbox" rebate: the rebate form or the information for submitting the rebate are found on or in the product box. If known, a link to a pdf version of the rebate or the pre-submission information for the rebate are provided.

--------------------

Office Depot
Need a Office Depot coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Logo (1.65kB)
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Okay,thanks, so basically OD has no idea what they're talking about.

1brooklyn1 (Aug. 12, 2012 @ 2:18a) |

Trend Micro rebates are always paid out as prepaid cards with the exception of Office Depot. Trend Micro purchases from ... (more)

roy7736 (Aug. 12, 2012 @ 6:24a) |

that is correct.

MISTERCHEAP (Aug. 12, 2012 @ 6:41a) |

No need to buy Trend Micro while you can download and get 1 year license key totaly free.

Trend Micro Titanium AntiVirus+ 2012 FREE 12 Month License

SCROLL to the bottom of the promo page and click "Download Now"

Note that it says on the page you will be asked for card details for address verification, but it never asks for them! Totally free, worth £29.95, enjoy!

Link

•Utilizes Trend Micro Smart Protection Network to proactively stop threats before they reach you.
•Protect your PC from viruses, spyware, worms, trojans, botnets and rootkits.
•Fake AV Cleaner – eliminates malware posing as antivirus software.
•Prevent unauthorized changes to your applications.
•Includes a copy of Smart Surfing for Mac.
•Customize your Titanium with a favorite photo or image.
•Block downloads and access to and from malicious websites photo or image.
•Find and block malicious links in emails or IMs.

roseusa said:   No need to buy Trend Micro while you can download and get 1 year license key totaly free.
Thanks for the information.

Of could there is a need to purchase the FAR items in this thread. How else to convert Office Depot rewards to cash and/or make money on the FAR items by using coupons?

I just overpaid to get a rebate...OD is not worth it. Trend Micro Titanium was 70 FAR, WalMart had it on the shelf for 30.

delfat said:   I just overpaid to get a rebate...OD is not worth it. Trend Micro Titanium was 70 FAR, WalMart had it on the shelf for 30.
Umm ....

Price match it and get the dame thing. Send in your rebates and make $40. How hard was the math? plus use some rewards while ur at it

BPVH it's hard to teach them how to recycle and make money these days.

dont do these rebates, you get nothing for items that you paid for and never actually needed. they will say they never received to you filed it wrong to all kinds of false story.
the only rebate that works and you get money back is the Staples IR.

sherap2 said:   dont do these rebates, you get nothing for items that you paid for and never actually needed. they will say they never received to you filed it wrong to all kinds of false story.

Not sure what sherap2's problem is but my success rate on Office Depot rebate thread rebates is over 99%. I have converted thousands of dollars of rewards into cash equivalents and through the use of coupons (mostly competitor the past year or so) I have made money on almost every conversion. The money makers have more than covered the few non-paid rebates.

Over the years I have had a few OD rebate rejections,
I submit again and after 2nd refusal took all to the OD store, they paid me on the spot in cash.....
Always seek out the hot babes to do this..
Or the dorkiest looking male geek there,
It works....

The OP has been updated.

I haven't received the Avira rebates from the tax software promotion this spring. Parago can't tell me anything other than "the response for this promotion was over expectations and they're waiting for an update from the manufacturer." I've been hearing that for over a month. How long should I sit on this before escalating it? And how should I escalate?

TIA

mwerner1 said:   I haven't received the Avira rebates from the tax software promotion this spring. Parago can't tell me anything other than "the response for this promotion was over expectations and they're waiting for an update from the manufacturer." I've been hearing that for over a month. How long should I sit on this before escalating it? And how should I escalate?
Parago is not going to pay until it gets paid.

The next step is to contact Office Depot. If purchased in-store, take copies of your documentation and talk with a manager. If purchased online, email Office Depot customer service.

Some have success with the above when rebates are denied. Maybe it will work for rebates that are not paid for a long period of time.

Thanks bpvh. I'll wait a few more weeks before contacting Office Depot.

The McAfee price is 79.99 online.

mrlandlord said:   The McAfee price is 79.99 online.
Not for me.

Software deals at OD have been lame of late. Especially with issues with McAfee rebates (already bought one of all titles late last year). Getting somewhat worried as I have over $600 to spend in rewards by 10/31.

sherap2 said:   dont do these rebates, you get nothing for items that you paid for and never actually needed. they will say they never received to you filed it wrong to all kinds of false story.

not the sharpest tool in the rebate shed, are we?

The op states the Trend rebates are paid as prepaid cards, but the links you provided seems to indicate it's a check,which is correct? I generally, unless it's a mm don't do rebates that get paid as prepaid cards.

1brooklyn1 said:   The op states the Trend rebates are paid as prepaid cards, but the links you provided seems to indicate it's a check,which is correct? I generally, unless it's a mm don't do rebates that get paid as prepaid cards.
According to the rebate form, the rebates are paid via check.

The "advertised as" information is direct from Office Depot.

The details of each rebate in the OP would note "paid via prepaid card" if the rebate form stated it was paid via prepaid card.

bpvh said:   1brooklyn1 said:   The op states the Trend rebates are paid as prepaid cards, but the links you provided seems to indicate it's a check,which is correct? I generally, unless it's a mm don't do rebates that get paid as prepaid cards.
According to the rebate form, the rebates are paid via check.

The "advertised as" information is direct from Office Depot.

The details of each rebate in the OP would note "paid via prepaid card" if the rebate form stated it was paid via prepaid card.

Okay,thanks, so basically OD has no idea what they're talking about.

1brooklyn1 said:   The op states the Trend rebates are paid as prepaid cards, but the links you provided seems to indicate it's a check,which is correct? I generally, unless it's a mm don't do rebates that get paid as prepaid cards.

Trend Micro rebates are always paid out as prepaid cards with the exception of Office Depot. Trend Micro purchases from OD are paid out by check.

roy7736 said:   1brooklyn1 said:   The op states the Trend rebates are paid as prepaid cards, but the links you provided seems to indicate it's a check,which is correct? I generally, unless it's a mm don't do rebates that get paid as prepaid cards.

Trend Micro rebates are always paid out as prepaid cards with the exception of Office Depot. Trend Micro purchases from OD are paid out by check.

that is correct.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014