• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Title says it all, this is a good second helmet to have around, not the best looking, but it is made well, and gets pretty good reviews on all sites.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/38/34952/ITEM/Bell-Arro...

Motorcycle Superstore
Need a Motorcycle Superstore coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Bell Arrow Helmet
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

weird graphics, but if you're into it...

I'm not in the need of a helmet, but GREEN for contributing a motorcycle deal!

nomonies said:    but GREEN for contributing a motorcycle deal!

Odd reason since the deal (no matter what type of item) can be good or bad based on price.

As for this one...they also have the listing on Amazon..so couldn't find the "normal" price.

One thing to note though: It's reported that even though it looks like the helmet comes with a tinted shield...the actual one is clear.

Not Snell-certified, FYI

crash369 said:   Not Snell-certified, FYI
So that means its a better helment!
(referring to the findings of Motorcyclist magazine)

crash369 said:   Not Snell-certified, FYI

But is DOT certified, this helmet is usually $100 I bought it just to have a second helmet around, in case I take someone for a ride, or I dont want to change from dark sheild to clear etc .. it is a safe, comfortable helmet, which for $50 is hard to find, I have had $50 helmets that looked better, and yes they were DOT certified, but they were not comfortable, and the chin area would start lifting at speeds etc .. I might just paint mine for the heck of it ....

osuuma said:   So that means its a better helment!
(referring to the findings of Motorcyclist magazine)

I know you were being facetious, but apparently I've missed a lot of controversy. After an hour of googling around, I feel pretty well caught up on the issues. Thanks!

fshaia said:   But is DOT certified, this helmet is usually $100 I bought it just to have a second helmet around, in case I take someone for a ride, or I dont want to change from dark sheild to clear etc .. it is a safe, comfortable helmet, which for $50 is hard to find, I have had $50 helmets that looked better, and yes they were DOT certified, but they were not comfortable, and the chin area would start lifting at speeds etc .. I might just paint mine for the heck of it ....
Having now caught up, I still do not trust DOT alone for a helmet I would wear. Not because it is a poor standard (they all have flaws), but because there is little to no testing of DOT helmets by the DOT. So a DOT sticker simply means the manufacturer _tried_ to adhere to the standards, without any outside confirmation of its success. Nevertheless, buying a helmet is a very personal choice, and which manufacturer / certification authority one chooses to trust is also very personal.

Hopefully this whole thread will prompt some would-be buyers to look into the whole mess, instead of just looking at the price sticker... Not that a FW patron would do that

As another FYI for new helmet buyers. It's always a good idea to go to a store and try a helmet on before buying online. See the Sharp Fit Guide

Here is a review of the helmet from someone that tests a lot of helmets :

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/bell-arrow/

And for those wanting DOT and SNELL, $77 plus shipping :

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/helmets/joe_rocke...

fshaia said:   And for those wanting DOT and SNELL, $77 plus shipping :

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/helmets/joe_rocke...

I actually own this helmet. The padding is comfortable and it is well constructed but is very noisy at highway speed and a bit on the heavy side. I don't think it vents very well either. Overall I'd give it a 7/10 rating. That is taking the price into consideration.

Edit: also, shipping is free over $99 so add the tinted shield to your order

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014