• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Back in stock including WiFi only, both iPad 2's and 3's. (First time I've seen 3's @ Apple in a long time.)
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

(iPad3, 16GB, WiFi only, White for $449)

Just a reminder, these come with one year warranty and have new screens and back shells.

Apple Store
See Apple Store discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Refurb iPads
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Couldn't figure out how to make a frame matrix so here it is in text form. Pricing grid of an iPad new vs. refurbished.
Current as of 8/8/12

New
iPad 2 16gb wifi - $399
iPad 2 32gb wifi - n/a
iPad 2 16gb 3g - $529
iPad 2 32gb 3g - n/a

iPad 3 16gb wifi - $499
iPad 3 32gb wifi - $599
iPad 3 16gb LTE - $629
iPad 3 32gb LTE - $729

Refurbished
iPad 2 16gb wifi - n/a
iPad 2 32gb wifi - $479
iPad 2 16gb 3g - $399
iPad 2 32gb 3g - $479

iPad 3 16gb wifi - $449
iPad 3 32gb wifi - $549
iPad 3 16gb LTE - $579
iPad 3 32gb LTE - $679

Thanks for this OP! I have been shopping for a new iPad for sometime now, but the mini is coming soon, or the newer model, I don't know. How does anyone ever keep up nowadays?

SunX said:   Couldn't figure out how to make a frame matrix so here it is in text form. Pricing grid of an iPad new vs. refurbished.
Current as of 8/8/12

New
iPad 2 16gb wifi - $399
iPad 2 32gb wifi - n/a
iPad 2 16gb 3g - $529
iPad 2 32gb 3g - n/a

iPad 3 16gb wifi - $499
iPad 3 32gb wifi - $599
iPad 3 16gb LTE - $629
iPad 3 32gb LTE - $729

Refurbished
iPad 2 16gb wifi - n/a
iPad 2 32gb wifi - $479
iPad 2 16gb 3g - $399
iPad 2 32gb 3g - $479

iPad 3 16gb wifi - $449
iPad 3 32gb wifi - $549
iPad 3 16gb LTE - $579
iPad 3 32gb LTE - $679

Save $50! buy a refurbished IPAD
It would be nice to have that in the title too.

For 3G versions, do I need special data plans or any plan would work?

I have a prepaid Tmobile data plan w.o. tethering...

subject said:   For 3G versions, do I need special data plans or any plan would work?

You need a micro SIM card. The iPad doesn't take normal size SIMs.

For iPad 2, you should go with a new unit since it's likely to use newer processor(32nm) than refurb.

2 points.. new is not much more,,,and there is NO ipad 3,,,,and C: why are there refurbed "the new ipad" already....hmmmmmmmm

megalol said:   and there is NO ipad 3,,,,and C: why are there refurbed "the new ipad" already....hmmmmmmmm

Thank you for being incredibly anal.

And there are refurbed iPad 3s because when you sell 3 zillion of them, some will be clunkers. And some people will have buyers remorse and say that the falange next to the doohicky isn't working properly. They will be accepted for return even though they are functioning properly, returned to the factory, tested, and then sold as refurbed.

Wish they'll have the Wi-Fi only iPad 2 for $315 again.

I have micro-sim, so I would be fine to use the Tmobile prepaid data plan?

zsgraham said:   subject said:   For 3G versions, do I need special data plans or any plan would work?

You need a micro SIM card. The iPad doesn't take normal size SIMs.

Treefarn said:   megalol said:   and there is NO ipad 3,,,,and C: why are there refurbed "the new ipad" already....hmmmmmmmm

And there are refurbed iPad 3s because when you sell 3 zillion of them, some will be clunkers. And some people will have buyers remorse and say that the falange next to the doohicky isn't working properly. They will be accepted for return even though they are functioning properly, returned to the factory, tested, and then sold as refurbed.

If purchased directly thorugh Apple online or at one of their stores you don't need a excuse to return. You can return any Apple product within 14 days no questions asked. Also Apple returns are not sent back to Foxconn. They are processed and refurbished in the US.

It makes more sense to buy a new IPAD 3 from a retailer that doesn't charge tax in certain states (MacMall, J&R, B&H, etc)

just got a iPAD3 at Target for about $419 last Sunday. Had a price match, $30 Target Gift card, and used the Target CC to save 5%

If purchased directly thorugh Apple online or at one of their stores you don't need a excuse to return. You can return any Apple product within 14 days no questions asked. Also Apple returns are not sent back to Foxconn. They are processed and refurbished in the US.

I'm not so sure about this anymore. I'm actually a diehard Apple refurb fan, refuse to buy anything but. But I've bought three iPad refurbs in the last two weeks (plus 4 or 5 Macbook Pros and lots of iMacs in the last couple years) and they all ship directly from China. So while its probably not Foxconn doing the refurbishing it doesnt appear to be domestically done anymore, which I used to really like.

Still, price savings aside, you have arguably a better product in the refurbs than the brandnews since if anything those have seen far more actual human attention than ones straight off the assembly line.

cnIsfg said:   Treefarn said:   megalol said:   and there is NO ipad 3,,,,and C: why are there refurbed "the new ipad" already....hmmmmmmmm

You would be wrong. Refurbished iPads are shipped direct from China.

The iPad 3 was up on eBay's daily deals yesterday, brand new for $469 and free shipping. Seems to pop up there a lot.

gekman--what ad did u compare it to

I've been watching these for awhile but recently decided to go with a Nexus 7 instead. No regrets so far.

Other than checking FW hourly... is there a way to get notified via email or rss when these 16gb iPad 2 refurbs are available again? =)

Picked up a refurb iPad3 16GB wifi for $379 today at Apple Store. You can sign up for alerts at http://www.refurb.me/us/ to find out when (and if) they are back in stock.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014