• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For its newsletter subscribers only, Newegg offers the Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver, model no. F8Z492-P, for $24.99. Coupon code "EMCYTZT2030" drops it to $19.99. This Bluetooth 2.0 receiver connects to your home stereo and pairs wirelessly with your iPhone, iPod touch, or other stereo Bluetooth-enabled device. It features a 33-foot operating range, memory for up to six paired devices, and more. Coupon expires today.
LINK

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

pic
Thanks sartor
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FWIW; these have some major range issues, because Belkin put a large metal block in the bottom to give them some weight, but the metal reduces the effectiveness of the Bluetooth antenna. Once you get one, open it up, remove the metal, and range improves dramatically...

metal plate
Disclaimer
scoobydooby said:   FWIW; these have some major range issues, because Belkin put a large metal block in the bottom to give them some weight, but the metal reduces the effectiveness of the Bluetooth antenna. Once you get one, open it up, remove the metal, and range improves dramatically...

I had stopped using mine until someone had told me this and I modified it. It made a huge improvement.

It's true about the range and mod helps that but Bluetooth music, at least using A2DP, just SUCKS! Here is a blurb from a review that I totally agree with:
"Bluetooth Stereo Audio sounds horrible. Belkin isn't to blame here. It's the Bluetooth A2DP audio standard. It's very bandwidth limited; high frequencies are muffled and shimmer badly. Everything sounds like it has an echo a few milliseconds later. The whole audio spectrum is full of very audible audio artifacts. Don't consider this device if high quality sound is important to you, and use a wire instead."
It's easy to test for the doubters just try it with Bluetooth then hardwire and try it again. I have this thing and it "works" but just sounds horrible. In fact if someone still really wants one they can PM me and I'll ship it to the lower 48 for $12.00 but I do advise against this thing as a whole.

akbungle said:   It's true about the range and mod helps that but Bluetooth music, at least using A2DP, just SUCKS! Here is a blurb from a review that I totally agree with:
"Bluetooth Stereo Audio sounds horrible. Belkin isn't to blame here. It's the Bluetooth A2DP audio standard. It's very bandwidth limited; high frequencies are muffled and shimmer badly. Everything sounds like it has an echo a few milliseconds later. The whole audio spectrum is full of very audible audio artifacts. Don't consider this device if high quality sound is important to you, and use a wire instead."
It's easy to test for the doubters just try it with Bluetooth then hardwire and try it again. I have this thing and it "works" but just sounds horrible. In fact if someone still really wants one they can PM me and I'll ship it to the lower 48 for $12.00 but I do advise against this thing as a whole.

although i agree that A2DP is not as great as a wired setup.. it's sounds more like a 96kpbs.. it's not as bad as XM/FM/HD radio.. I feel like for the convenience, A2DP is great..

I have one, did the mod removing the metal weight (very easy) works on my Windows 7 64 bit and Asus Transformer. Since I listen to online radio which is usually 96 or 128, I am happy with it with the quality.

I have one of these and it works great. Highly recommended, especially at this price.

Bad reviews about sound quality killed the deal for me. Thanks for mentioning that. It would have been wasted money for me.

can I use this in my car ?
Do you guys have any other suggestion for bluetooth music receiver in a car ?

I've used one of these a bunch. It totally works fine, no range problems for me. Pairing is easy, it goes into pairing mode again every time you disconnect.

I'm with akbungle though, the results sound awful. I was listening and I wondered what was wrong, why it sounds poor and echoey.

I have speakers that can play from two sources, and I hooked directly from my source via 1/8" cable and then tried this. The difference is huge, Bluetooth SBC audio just sounds poor. I guess it's good if you can't find another convenient solution.

It's not the fault of the Belkin device, but you may find yourself disappointed.

namlook:
It has an external power supply. With a little work you may be able to find a way to feed in power from your car.

Is anyone else having difficulty pairing with an iPhone 4? I find that whenever I go out of range it doesn't auto-connect again until I unplug power from the device and replug it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014