Nook Tablets Discounted at BN

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Looks like BN had dropped prices on the Nook. The 16GB Tablet can be had for $199 (or, $175, if you are eligible for the member discount)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook/379003208

(Prices on the E-Ink readers have remained the same)

Member Summary

nook (85.25kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Nook Tablet (22.35kB)
Thanks netadmin
Disclaimer

Cool. The Nook Color and Tablet are really great for the price already.

Amazon is dumping the old Kindles. New ones coming out next week. That's what I read in yesterday's newspaper.

I have to say, I probably regret the purchase of my Nook Color less than any purchase I've ever made (and I regret getting a free $200 blu-ray player. . . .). I rooted it via the microSD card, so I can use it as a tablet or Nook. (I like using the Kindle app better than the Nook reader, but streaming video can be a problem on the rooted Nook.) I even installed Plex on the Nook side so I can stream with it.

Well worth the lower price.

KMCHERRY said:   I have to say, I probably regret the purchase of my Nook Color less than any purchase I've ever made (and I regret getting a free $200 blu-ray player. . . .). I rooted it via the microSD card, so I can use it as a tablet or Nook. (I like using the Kindle app better than the Nook reader, but streaming video can be a problem on the rooted Nook.) I even installed Plex on the Nook side so I can stream with it.

I don't get it. Not sure if it's your grammar or your logic, either... You regret the purchase less but there was "SOME" regret? Yet it is well worth the lower price?

At this point, the Tablet looks a lot more attractive than the Color, assuming rooting options are the same, which, I've lost track when they obfusegated with so many versions....

GWBush said:   KMCHERRY said:   I have to say, I probably regret the purchase of my Nook Color less than any purchase I've ever made (and I regret getting a free $200 blu-ray player. . . .). I rooted it via the microSD card, so I can use it as a tablet or Nook. (I like using the Kindle app better than the Nook reader, but streaming video can be a problem on the rooted Nook.) I even installed Plex on the Nook side so I can stream with it.

I don't get it. Not sure if it's your grammar or your logic, either... You regret the purchase less but there was "SOME" regret? Yet it is well worth the lower price?

At this point, the Tablet looks a lot more attractive than the Color, assuming rooting options are the same, which, I've lost track when they obfusegated with so many versions....

Sorry, but I think his grammar & logic are pretty fine. He does mention one that he regrets ($200 for a blu ray player? I would totally regret that - Sony's google TV is for much less with an integrated blu-ray player).

GWBush said:   KMCHERRY said:   I have to say, I probably regret the purchase of my Nook Color less than any purchase I've ever made (and I regret getting a free $200 blu-ray player. . . .). I rooted it via the microSD card, so I can use it as a tablet or Nook. (I like using the Kindle app better than the Nook reader, but streaming video can be a problem on the rooted Nook.) I even installed Plex on the Nook side so I can stream with it.

I regret every purchase. I'm never perfectly content with anything I buy. But the Nook came closest to having no regrets.

And by the way, it's "obfuscated."

eswarjj said:   GWBush said:   KMCHERRY said:   I have to say, I probably regret the purchase of my Nook Color less than any purchase I've ever made (and I regret getting a free $200 blu-ray player. . . .). I rooted it via the microSD card, so I can use it as a tablet or Nook. (I like using the Kindle app better than the Nook reader, but streaming video can be a problem on the rooted Nook.) I even installed Plex on the Nook side so I can stream with it.

Sorry, but I think his grammar & logic are pretty fine. He does mention one that he regrets ($200 for a blu ray player? I would totally regret that - Sony's google TV is for much less with an integrated blu-ray player).

Okay, if the effect you are going after is the sense of irony as in regretting getting a $200 BD player for free I guess I can understand why it isn't logical to me. It is obviously lost even on your most ardent fans...

KMCHERRY said:   GWBush said:   KMCHERRY said:   I have to say, I probably regret the purchase of my Nook Color less than any purchase I've ever made (and I regret getting a free $200 blu-ray player. . . .). I rooted it via the microSD card, so I can use it as a tablet or Nook. (I like using the Kindle app better than the Nook reader, but streaming video can be a problem on the rooted Nook.) I even installed Plex on the Nook side so I can stream with it.

I regret every purchase. I'm never perfectly content with anything I buy. But the Nook came closest to having no regrets.

I expected the spell checker to take care of that, my bad.

Gotta love online forums!

A great tablet due to the high-quality, low-reflectance, iPad-quality IPS screen (one of the best, if not top screens available at this price range), MicroSD card slot (so you can dual-boot OSs, easily manage media, etc), nice form-factor and design (put a Wii strap around that slot and it's secured for one-handed reading).

SOLD an iPad2 to get his baby! =O =D

Never regretted it and got more capabilities for ebook, media, etc. viewing than the iPad! (MX Player + ComicRack + Adobe Acrobat 10.2.x (not 10.3.x which is slower) + FBReader)

===

Office Depot has the better sale this week: $179 for the Nook Tablet 8GB (same as on B&N website), but with a $15 gift card on top of that.

If you're savvy and have coupons, you can do a Staples price match + coupon, etc.
Still, bottom line is keep in mind that this summer, the NT8GB was sold by B&N on eBay directly for $150.

---

XDA Nook Tablet forums have the ROOT and CM7 SD card images for those that want full access, dual-booting, etc. Runs nicely off a MicroSD card =D
XDA Nook Tablet main forum

Nook Tablet ROOT

NOOK TABLET CM7

As for the Nook Color, it was a great first Android Tablet. I can't comment the Nook Tablet. I highly suggest you pony up the extra cash for the Nexus7. It is much better then NC and well worth it. Not to mention the $25 Play store credit. Using the Nexus7 with Kindle reader is pretty good, I like it with a black background and white text, especially when reading at night.

There is nothing wrong with KMCHERRY's statement. For those people who troll sites like this looking to dis people for their spelling or as an attempt to embarrass them due to their own individual simple lack of tack, manners or anything remotely better to do. Stop it, and shame on you.

gedster314 said:   As for the Nook Color, it was a great first Android Tablet. I can't comment the Nook Tablet. I highly suggest you pony up the extra cash for the Nexus7. It is much better then NC and well worth it. Not to mention the $25 Play store credit. Using the Nexus7 with Kindle reader is pretty good, I like it with a black background and white text, especially when reading at night.

Exactly. At the $199 price point, the Nexus 7 will destroy all other tablets. Simply no comparison. I'm almost at the point of selling my Ipad 3 and getting the Nexus and pocketing $200 just because of how portable and useable the Nexus is.

I'm reading this on my cyangenmod 7 nook color. I bought this more than a year ago for $200. And that is to say it was already on sale. At that time, I'd say the best 7in tablet. But this time, go get the nexus 7. The world has moved on.

fatwalletkat said:   There is nothing wrong with KMCHERRY's statement. For those people who troll sites like this looking to dis people for their spelling or as an attempt to embarrass them due to their own individual simple lack of tack, manners or anything remotely better to do. Stop it, and shame on you.
don't expect too much from the moniker GWBush.

overstock has the 16gb refurb for $140

KMCHERRY said:   GWBush said:   KMCHERRY said:   I have to say, I probably regret the purchase of my Nook Color less than any purchase I've ever made (and I regret getting a free $200 blu-ray player. . . .). I rooted it via the microSD card, so I can use it as a tablet or Nook. (I like using the Kindle app better than the Nook reader, but streaming video can be a problem on the rooted Nook.) I even installed Plex on the Nook side so I can stream with it.

What a sad way of going through life, regretting everything you ever buy.

I have a nook color and used to run it both stock and with Cyanogenmod on an SD card. It used to be a good reader and a passable tablet, now it sits unused in a drawer. Last month I got a Nexus 7. At this price point one would be making a real error buying a nook.

So received my Nook Tablet 16gb refurb from Overstock 10 days ago ($142 shipped). Works fine, got this rom to run on it in 20mins http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1471691&page=2 and loaded several apps. Really enjoying the tablet, but there are certain things that annoy me ie. several apps are incompatible unless sideloaded, and even after that the screen size is a little off for several games. I have not had trouble with the games crashing though. I use a Xperia Arc S phone, and Ninja Fishing crashes on that phone a lot, but works like a charm on the Nook. I almost bought the Nexus based on everyone's recommendation, but I think $60 is a lot of money in the Fatwallet world =)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014